Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Litemodz CVD

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Unfortunately using the V2 shafts, with the V3 clip... still came apart on hard cornering.

Given up on them now.. very dissapointed. Will stick with the ECS Xray shafts.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:45 AM
Tech Master

Hi Guys
The NEW V3 CVS's were delivered to me on Saturday. As soon as I opened the packet I had a good feeling about these updated internals of the axle and specially made retainer clip. The first thing I noticed, was that the balls were NOT visiable, which can only be a good thing. Also in the kit came a retainer spring to keep the driveshaft under tension at all times, so no more driveshaft float

I ran them all day Sunday on a 11+ second track. I ran them in practice and 5 rounds a final on the day, and emediately had to reduce the steering as the intial turn in was far more agressive than with CVA's. Once I had this calmed down the corner speed was awsome, and you could feel the car was smoother through a corner than if you ran CVA's. I did have quite a large accident where as I tore off a wishbone, and was concerened that I had damaged the CVS, but absolutely no problem, the only thing was, I lost the tension spring. I rebuilt the corner of my car, and there was no bend in the shaft, so even though I had an accident, the V3 stood up to it .

After the days racing I checked on the CVS's to see if there was and wear, and found there was NO wear in either the axle or the outdrives of the Litemodz spool. Also the tyre wear was very good all round, as I had the V3s in the rear.

So overall I feel that these NEW V3 CVS's are definately a massive step forward. I will be removing them from the car and cleaning them prior to running them in this weekends round 3 of Rug Racers. I will report back with any forther results from these V3's.

Cheers from a very Happy Malc
Old 12-01-2010, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Will these survive in a car with 45 degree's of steering angle?
Old 12-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore
Will these survive in a car with 45 degree's of steering angle?
What the hell are you doing that requires that much lock?

30deg MAX!
Old 12-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

I run full lock, but never when i'm racing, unless I need to get out of trouble

Malc
Old 12-02-2010, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Full counter steer drifting...
Attached Thumbnails Litemodz CVD-yokomo-drb-10.jpg  
Old 12-02-2010, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore
Full counter steer drifting...
If your drifting you won't have that much grip so they should work fine. Plus you won't hit anything with the speeds that TC's do.

Skiddins
Old 12-02-2010, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

But will these turn 45 degree's?

because previous you 30 degree max?
Old 12-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default Tcx driveshafts

Hello.
Any body no if there is a set for the Tcx??
Old 12-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Yes the tcx cvs is available part number is LM19092
Old 12-06-2010, 12:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Jon..

Where are my parts ??

Or you going to send ANOTHER pm saying they are coming next week ??

Do you understand I've been waiting well over 3 months?

I have taken screenshots of all your pm's to me so even RC tech cant delete them and I'm on the verge of lodging a conplaint with Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) who take these matters very seriously..

Its a shame its come to this but im sick of the lies ...

Send me my parts or give me a refund !
Old 12-06-2010, 02:20 AM
Tech Adept

Darren, have PM'd you but I'll put it on here as well. Send me what parts you require and for which model, along with your full name and a shipping address and I'll get it sorted.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:30 AM
Tech Adept

Default Warrenty Registration

Please can I ask all of you who have Litemodz CVS's to register the warrenty number plus a name and contact address with us. The number is on the front of the packaging that the CVS's were in. This is most important to both you and Litemodz as we are unable to send out upgraded rebuild kits to you all without the warrenty number and a contact name and address.
We want you to get the best from this product.
I appreciate that some of you may have had this product for some time but by registering we will re-start the 60 day warrenty from the day we receive your number(s).
Either PM me or e-mail [email protected]

Thanks.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jonrg
Please can I ask all of you who have Litemodz CVS's to register the warrenty number plus a name and contact address with us. The number is on the front of the packaging that the CVS's were in. This is most important to both you and Litemodz as we are unable to send out upgraded rebuild kits to you all without the warrenty number and a contact name and address.
We want you to get the best from this product.
I appreciate that some of you may have had this product for some time but by registering we will re-start the 60 day warrenty from the day we receive your number(s).
Either PM me or e-mail [email protected]

Thanks.
Jonrg i just sent you my details by pm cheers buddy
Old 12-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Hi Guys
Like I promised, I would get get back to you after Sundays Rug Racer round 3 meeting.

Well it was a copy cat of the previous Sundays of how the CVS drive-shafts performed, in respect that the cornering was really smooth with absolutely NO chatter whatsoever. The tyre wear on the SWEEPS 30PP was minimal after 10 runs, 3 runs the night before just after laying the track, and a timed practice the following morning and 3 rounds and 3 finals.

The car was on the money right away, but had my steering curve turned down to -35% from 0. I won all 3 qualis and all 3 finals, the last final coming back from 10th. The HB TC was simply awesome with the V3 CVS's,

I had cleaned out all 4 CVS's and had difficulty finding any swarf from any of them, and re-packed them with grease, and also NO play in the axle department whatsoever, just a tad of wear in the plastic outdrives of the Litemodz spool, but nothing to worry about.

Thats 17, 5 min practice/races with absolutely no problems. My HB TCX turns up this week, so will definately having these in my new ride

Cheers Malc

ps, any questions, ask away please

Take at peak at http://rcracingni.co.uk/?p=1335

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.