R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-09-2011, 02:55 PM   #556
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtcc View Post
That he doesn't reply to LHS is not the way to a successful business! That he doesn't reply to US-customers is maybe because he has Warren Weaver as representative for the US.
I PM'd Warren back in September with some questions about ordering a set and never got a reply.

Last edited by locked; 11-09-2011 at 07:19 PM.
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #557
Tech Fanatic

Well I would have being very interested to get some of their parts, but in fairness, after reading about all the issues, I doubt I would, I'll wait for someone else design, soon to be out.

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:46 AM   #558
Tech Rookie

Hi olhipster1, After reading your post I have mailed your LHS and am awaiting a reply from them. With respect email sent from Jan to May I cannot comment but I have looked through the emails and cannot see any. I will try and call them this afternoon to clear this matter up.

The CVS is working very well and we are constantly monitoring their performance by talking to drivers. They do offer super performance and with the evo2 they are able to withstand bangs and bashes well above the normal accidents we have.

The build and installation is a little more complex than with a UJ or double joint but the extra performance gain, in our opinion, is worth it.

If anyone has any questions or queries please PM through this site.
LitemodzUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:14 AM   #559
Tech Master

is it possible to upgrade fro V3 to Evo2?
if so which parts Do I need???
Cheers
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:38 AM   #560
Tech Rookie

HI Yoke,

You should have received a bulk email via the website which was sent to all customers back in May, informing you that a replacement is available free of charge if problems with the product occurred. This was as a result of a supplier sending in out of spec product which could result in increased wear and/or premature failure.

If you PM your details and explanation of the problem etc I will get the replacement sent to you.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:01 AM   #561
Tech Regular

LitemodzUK do you still plan on bring out the LM4-10 touring car - I liked the design when you had the pictures up before. Is there an ETA on it?
scoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:46 AM   #562
Tech Rookie

Hi Scoyle,

Yes the car is due to be raced in the next few weeks by a few different drivers... Maybe at the next rug racers..

We have learned alot from the CVS and the development that took place in order to make it suitable for ALL drivers. That has been a long and rather painful journey where your reputation rises and falls on how well the products go in the hands of others. To produce something that is essentially a copy of someone elses hard earned design is simple and probably rather full proof, but you want to design something like the ball diff, the losi street weapon, AE TC3 and some of the Schumacher cars, Rough Rider etc.

For someone who loves RC its about design, form and function. Everything else is secondary.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:01 AM   #563
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitemodzUK View Post
Hi Scoyle,

Yes the car is due to be raced in the next few weeks by a few different drivers... Maybe at the next rug racers..

We have learned alot from the CVS and the development that took place in order to make it suitable for ALL drivers. That has been a long and rather painful journey where your reputation rises and falls on how well the products go in the hands of others. To produce something that is essentially a copy of someone elses hard earned design is simple and probably rather full proof, but you want to design something like the ball diff, the losi street weapon, AE TC3 and some of the Schumacher cars, Rough Rider etc.

For someone who loves RC its about design, form and function. Everything else is secondary.
Welcome back!
Old 11-10-2011, 09:12 AM   #564
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitemodzUK View Post
Hi Scoyle,

Look forward to seeing it! If you are prepared to publish pictures (or a prototype review ) let me know as I would like to follow this and will put some info on my site at rcracingni.co.uk

Stephen
scoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:36 PM   #565
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I have a few set of the LiteModz CVS EVO2 at my Southern California location. Another order will be arriving next week.
Current sets fit TOP Photon, Tamiya 417, Hot Bodies TCX and XRay T3.

email me at [email protected] for more info.
marty866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:21 AM   #566
Tech Master

@Litemodz UK
You have pm
I can't wait to try that new design
Old 11-30-2011, 07:11 PM   #567
Tech Master

Received and build my set of evo2 today
I had 2 previous versions first thing I notice is the quality improvement of the Cage...
they now come with pair of springs (goes into spool cups) ,an extra 2.5mm ball to put under the cage, to help cage movement in axle and ofcourse new 2 shim design to keep CVD in one piece
18TH of December is THEEE Day
Old 12-01-2011, 06:55 AM   #568
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And they work awesome!

Just one thing I am a little unhappy with, is the axle part. The strength is not compareable to the original AE axle. Two weeks ago I drove at a circuit with hard concave boards. If you hit them, then the upper wheel touched the board first. This ended in two bend axles after the day. I know this is not the normal form for boards, but it showed one "weak" point. The AE TC5/TC6-axle did not bend. I also experienced axle bend at another track which I never did before.

But unless this point the CVSevo work great and show nearly no play after hours of training and racing
wtcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:46 AM   #569
Tech Master

How about trying them @very small Carpet Track or wait for the big event ??
Old 12-07-2011, 05:45 AM   #570
Tech Master

Well Done LitemodZ, At Last Job well Done!
Tried Them EVO2s Last night @Very Small Tight Carpet Track, TBH I was very nervous cos of some previous experiences but Despite some Extreme Steering angles and few medium crashes They Survive as a one piece
Also I got No chatter like Ecs type Driveshafts and Its all silky smoooth