Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Litemodz CVD

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

There will be an update soon the usa site is going to be worked on once its up and running product will ship very fast 3 to 4 days in th u.s.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Warren Weaver
There will be an update soon the usa site is going to be worked on once its up and running product will ship very fast 3 to 4 days in th u.s.
Warren,

I just sent you a PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Warren Weaver
Quick question for you Warren, do you have product here in states yet?
Old 06-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quick question, am I going to get screwed around again and again cause I live overseas, and although I have basically bought the product twice due to having to ship it back 4 - 5 times have still ended up with a set of broken driveshafts?
Old 06-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Fred,

Did you ever get product and if you did, how do you like them?
Old 06-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gav-
Quick question, am I going to get screwed around again and again cause I live overseas, and although I have basically bought the product twice due to having to ship it back 4 - 5 times have still ended up with a set of broken driveshafts?
Nothing but broken parts and broken promises here.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

must see if your interested in buying this cvds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEvaOg7glKk
Old 06-19-2011, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
not yet i will post when i have stock again
Old 06-19-2011, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R1wurks
must see if your interested in buying this cvds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEvaOg7glKk
LOL

We need tri lobe CV joints, they will be good enough.

Or a chunkier Double cardan joint.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Had a set of the first series in my mi4, broke them outdoors without hitting anything..

How much have they improved over the last 11 months? with this new evo2 steel design?

I don't crash often with my t3 2011, but sometimes will clipa wheel, would this bend or break them as easy as the original design ones did?

Cheers.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have around 1500 laps done with the evo2 on indoor high grip carpet. The car is equipped with 17,5t unboosted electronics at 1400 grams. I had some hits in the wall also. Up till now the cvs work flawless. No vibration, a smoother turn in with the spool, no such resistence effect like it is shown in the Thompson video.

Therefore I am not 100% convinced with the product quality, because two of the four ordered cvs tend to bend slightly at around 20° angle. I put them in the back where they can't make any trouble. The material itself now looks strong enough to withstand modified...

This is what I wrote more than two months ago in the TC6-Thread:

Yes, I bought them. I know everyone who read the Litemodz thread now maybe thinks I must be a little confused and just two weeks ago I would have said you are right. It just took 5 weeks and three reminder emails until I got the first packet. Now you will ask yourself why the first. Just because they forgot to ship the inner cages of the axles. It then needed another week until I got them.
Today I could finally assemble these special axles. And it was &

I ordered four axles. After assembly two are smooth as oil and two are bending when simulating steering. I couldn't solve the problem, so I use them for the rear. The assembly itself went fine without any problems. Everything fits without play.
The next problem occurred when I tried to put on the blades. The bonepins are 1.99mm in diameter. So the blades get on, but bind. Second thing the boneend is to thick. The bladeholes have to be widened and the inner blade U has to loose some material, too. Very frustrating for a product of this price and supposed for a TC6...

The next shock came when I installed it at front. It fits good, but I could not steer, because the end of the axle towards the C-hub stands out to far and has a greater radius than the originals. At this time I really wanted to throw everything in the corner and send this garbage back to the rainy place it came from! I could calm myself and analysed the problem. The C-hub need to get a 2mm radius around the oval opening edge in the middle and then the axle can move free. After that the rest of the installation went fine.

The first dry test was satisfying. No chatter at all even with full steering angle. Unfortunately the last indoor race of the season is history already and I don't know if it makes sense or will be faster on asphalt...

In conclusion Chris from Litemodz was very kind and seems to be interested in customer satisfaction. On the other hand when telling me he will send the order out the same week it was in fact two weeks later (the Royal mail just took three days to deliver). So I got the impression that the parts weren't available until I got them. All these things leave a mixed impression. Time and racing will tell if I turn out to a regular customer.

OK, thats all I have to say now. I think you guy deserve some pictures for reading:

Old 06-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you for the informative reply
Old 06-26-2011, 03:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by getfriky
hello ,

I have this Titanium Racing F1 Stealth CVDs for my Tamiya 416WE and some parts want to repair. Where to buy parts for this CVD ?

Thank you
sorry no one know ?
Old 06-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default good results so far

Hi,

I'd like to chime in. I have been running the latest steel version in my Xray, since the carpet Nats at Timezone this year, I was able to get a set from Warren that arrived the day I was leaving. I built them that morning, and have had no problems so far. I cleaned and repacked them since, and that is all they have needed. Just ran yesterday outdoors for the first time in a bit, and they held up fine. I will continue to report back any info.

-Alex
Old 06-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think dirt is the real enemy of this design!!! Losi LCD's design don't have that problem, and they can be made to fit any car ( tc4/ tc5/tc6/ntc3 ...etc...).......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.