R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-23-2010, 03:11 PM   #376
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokemad View Post
is V3 needs new C clips or are they safe to use?
cheers
Already asked the question but it hasn't been answered. If a new clip is required are they being sent out to those that received the V3 cvs shafts?
B44 Mamba Max, Trakpower.
B44.2 Avid chassis, Speed Passion, Gens Ace.
BILKO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:39 AM   #377
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have a quick question regarding shipping times for your products to Canada. I placed an order for TCX front driveshafts and paid via Paypal Sep 20th. When should I expect to receive the product? I only ask as one of our larger races is within a couple of weeks.

Thanks,
Kane
Kane-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:51 PM   #378
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane-o View Post
I have a quick question regarding shipping times for your products to Canada. I placed an order for TCX front driveshafts and paid via Paypal Sep 20th. When should I expect to receive the product? I only ask as one of our larger races is within a couple of weeks.

Thanks,
Kane
Anybody who is involved with Litemodz care to comment?
Old 10-26-2010, 09:56 PM   #379
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
I'm thinking it's most likely a customs issue. They've been holding an order I placed a while ago at customs for quite a while now.
Danny-b23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:26 AM   #380
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Looks like the v3 of the CVS work reliably Last night I witnessed them last a night of racing on a tight course in a Superstock 10.5 powered Mi4LP with not even a sign of trouble. This weekend I will also find out if a local Mod drive can achieve the same thing at a state title. I'm now starting to question if I should have thrown my v2's out in disappointment without taking the warranty photos.
It has been a bumpy ride for you guys at LiteModz but it looks like they have made it
No longer defined as a Off or On-road racer, but simply a RC enthusiast.

Last edited by WildManDriving; 10-28-2010 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Adding "Congratulations".
WildManDriving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:18 AM   #381
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildManDriving View Post
Looks like the v3 of the CVS work reliably Last night I witnessed them last a night of racing on a tight course in a Superstock 10.5 powered Mi4LP with not even a sign of trouble. This weekend I will also find out if a local Mod drive can achieve the same thing at a state title. I'm now starting to question if I should have thrown my v2's out in disappointment without taking the warranty photos.
It has been a bumpy ride for you guys at LiteModz but it looks like they have made it
Michael, if you still have those V2's about somewhere your warrenty still holds, I'll gladly send you the latest re-build kits which have the new clips.
jonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:34 PM   #382
Tech Master

Quote:
Received the order yesterday.....thanks guys.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:24 PM   #383
Tech Regular

For those questioning the support of these guys; don't. Had fantastic support from the AUS distributor this weekend at our state titles. Gave me a rebuild kit with the updated clips in them, and showed me how to rebuild them with tips on the way.

My concern has come this morning though, when I am doing an after meet shakedown of the car. There is a LOT of movement between the dogbone and the axle. They turn inside each other past the point where I would of replaced them if they were normal driveshafts. This is after just one event....
My rears have done the same though taken longer. I run 17.5, so it's not under ridiculous strain like what you get from MOD cars.

These are a great product, and do work really well. But unfortunately not worth the money for a one meet part. I hope there are design plans in the future to try and fix this.
Gav- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 03:50 PM   #384
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dfiantii Send a message via Yahoo to dfiantii

I just have one request from those who have issues with this item. Can you perhaps takes pictures of what your talking about the us newbs can visualize what your talking about?
TLR 22 2.0
"ELECTRIFIED TO THE HILT"
dfiantii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:34 AM   #385
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav- View Post
For those questioning the support of these guys; don't. Had fantastic support from the AUS distributor this weekend at our state titles. Gave me a rebuild kit with the updated clips in them, and showed me how to rebuild them with tips on the way.

My concern has come this morning though, when I am doing an after meet shakedown of the car. There is a LOT of movement between the dogbone and the axle. They turn inside each other past the point where I would of replaced them if they were normal driveshafts. This is after just one event....
My rears have done the same though taken longer. I run 17.5, so it's not under ridiculous strain like what you get from MOD cars.

These are a great product, and do work really well. But unfortunately not worth the money for a one meet part. I hope there are design plans in the future to try and fix this.
Hi Gav, here is our tech guys reply:-

The radial play on the CVS after running is to be expected. The unit needs packing with grease again to reduce play. On a full size car if the boot becomes split and the grease comes out the unit starts to knock and it fails its MOT. Unlike full size cars we do have the ability to clean and rebuild after racing. Repacking will reduce the play considerably. Furthermore, interchanging LHS to RHS is possible.

The radial play on the CVS does not hinder performance as it would on a standard CVD as there are 12 driving planes as appose to 4. Therefore, radial movement will be considerably greater in the dry state but the loading on the parts will be considerably less. Even after a lot of running, you will see that accelerating in a straight line and breaking in a straight line is absolutely true unlike that of a standard UJ. That is the important part.

Unlike all other UJís the CVS can be viewed slightly differently it terms of the precise nature of installation and what we think of as play. The play does not have significantly negative effect on performance. A lot of drivers are using Tamiya Anti-wear grease which due to it high viscosity is doing a great job on reducing the amount of play.

Simply repacking the unit will make all the difference.
jonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:43 AM   #386
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav- View Post

Have you got any pics?
bjspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:15 AM   #387
Tech Regular

Thanks Jon, I have them out of the car atm, and will pack them up and put them back in for our next race Friday night to see how they go.

Photo's aren't going to show anything unless I do a full rebuild removing the clip etc... and after doing that the other night, I'm not doing it again till it's absolutely necessary
Gav- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:18 PM   #388
Tech Rookie

I am new on here and New to this tread BUT
I run the CVS's in my Car & its awsume and I Hold the Current speed record at my local track DUE to the CVS as I can get more turn in speed and more corner exit speed than other cars coing onto the straight over the cars not running the cvs dfrive shafts ....

Yes I am a good driver and Club Champion But I would not run Litemodz Components if I didn't feel they were an advantage to me !!!!!

I run Tamiya Antiwear Grease in mine as its thicker than normal grease and reduces the slop

I also run Team Durango Boots on mine to keep grit out ( some dremmeling may be required to allow for the boots into the hubs but its worth it )

see the link below for the boots

It wont let me post the link so search for ( team-durango ) and look for boots

Also see the link below for who I am and what I race

car69.me.uk to see who i am

I can't fault Litemodz great service and parts
www.Car69.me.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:57 PM   #389
Tech Regular

what type of Durango boots do you use and what car do you drive?
Could you post a nice picture of it here?
Sounds good.
rbakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:11 PM   #390
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Need some CVS setups for offroad trucks/buggies. Would definately have to use rubber boots to keep the dirt out, but that's being done already on some cars (Durango as already mentioned)
Serpent S411 Eryx 4.0 USGT
Team Serpent America and Desoto Racing
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote