R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-05-2010, 02:03 PM   #226
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFAndy View Post
Thats what i said. And that comment is normally followed by someone justify it by saying the xray ones cost more.
And you still placed an order. Why then complain or bring it up the pricing. By ordering, you deem the price acceptable for the perceived gains.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:14 PM   #227
Tech Initiate

I agree with Rezenclowd. Its all very easy to slag someone off from behind a computer screen, but Jon is obviously working his butt off to get everything sorted and keep people informed under trying circumstances.
Cut the guy some slack

Xray T3R, Hobbywing electronics. Yeah baby!

Rob(not Lee) Streeter
hectickurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:34 PM   #228
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i am not slagging anyone off , I was slightly at fault by thinking it was only for 2 when it is for 4

As i said why would i want rear as the rear doesnt steer (till i crash LOL)

Are the fronts the same as the rear ?? Can i sell one set to my race mate to share the costs ???
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:46 PM   #229
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
As i said why would i want rear as the rear doesnt steer (till i crash LOL)

Are the fronts the same as the rear ?? Can i sell one set to my race mate to share the costs ???
Your questions have already been answered here in the forum and on their website. The rears do not need the revised clip. Why would you want them in the rear? Because there is still some rpm fluctuation with the rc insdustry standard "cvds" even with such decreased angle fluctuation. RC peeps buy/sell spare parts all the time. Go ahead and sell a set to your race mate to share the costs. Do remember, as I have just stated, the rears have not been revised, however others on this thread have reported them working fine, especially if you are not trying to use full steering throw. I myself use about 65% up to 80% steering throw on my stock Mi4 driveshafts depending on race layout.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:46 PM   #230
Tech Adept

Phil, You can buy just fronts on there own. T3 part number is LM19022.
jonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #231
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, I just ordered a set of fronts for my T3.
Wrecked both xray driveshafts last weekend, so was pleased to hear the revised versions are ready to be shipped out.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:25 PM   #232
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 View Post
And you still placed an order. Why then complain or bring it up the pricing. By ordering, you deem the price acceptable for the perceived gains.
Get your facts right. First i never brought up any issue regarding pricing and who said i order those ? My order was for a totally different product.
YZFAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:35 PM   #233
Tech Elite

From post 223

and this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFAndy View Post
I ordered some stuff Thursday lunch time. Wasn't posted Friday or Saturday despite the site saying it was in stock, so yes, am getting a little worried seeing as the site is also down.
This is what I was referencing. Sorry, the thread is about the CVD, as is most of the posts, so I made the perfectly logical assumption that you had ordered their CVD...

Oh well, my mistake

Still, no reason to complain about the pricing as quite a few have been doing. Buy it or leave it.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:53 PM   #234
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrg View Post
It would appear that I'm wrong, the website is back up and running.
My apologies Jon i had an old bookmark from the titanium racing days said something about administration and creditors Glad the site is back up and you have kept us informed. You must be going through hell.
B44 Mamba Max, Trakpower.
B44.2 Avid chassis, Speed Passion, Gens Ace.
BILKO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:52 AM   #235
Tech Adept

I ran a full set of the TCX CVJs yesterday at the Colchester round of the STCC and TQed and won the TC3 class. The car was quick, cornered wonderfully and was incredibly quiet, but most of all, the thing I noticed was the promised reduction, or rather, erradication of uneven tyre wear. All four tyres were wearing at the same rate (very little), whereas I would usually find the left hand side suffering more than the right and the front left would be chewed up beyond use after the first couple of runs.

I like them
THancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:14 AM   #236
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THancock View Post
I ran a full set of the TCX CVJs yesterday at the Colchester round of the STCC and TQed and won the TC3 class. The car was quick, cornered wonderfully and was incredibly quiet, but most of all, the thing I noticed was the promised reduction, or rather, erradication of uneven tyre wear. All four tyres were wearing at the same rate (very little), whereas I would usually find the left hand side suffering more than the right and the front left would be chewed up beyond use after the first couple of runs.

I like them
Thank you for your post just what I needed to know
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:58 AM   #237
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to 9vut Send a message via Yahoo to 9vut

Jon
please check my order i order 14 Aug
now it not come
pm or send email to me [email protected]
9vut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:39 AM   #238
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 View Post
Still, no reason to complain about the pricing as quite a few have been doing. Buy it or leave it.
A forum is a place where people are entitled to voice their opinion. What did you thing it was for! Selling stuff? And as for your perfectly logical assumption, i was originally replaying to a post regarding the website being down and stuff i ordered not sent (& still not sent). I thought that was clear by the quote. My later agreement on a post about pricing was noting to with that. Basically what i'm saying is that it wasn't a logical assumption, you just seem quick to jump in a bit of a hot head.

Your opinion is they are the right price so you buy them, mine is that they are not so i don't. Like wise all the time people like yourself are prepared to buy at that price then fine, they have got the pricing right and i'm wrong.

Personally apart from development coast which isn't going to be massive since someone has already done all that for litemodz, manufacturing cost is pretty much going to be the same as standard shafts so i can't see why there is such a difference in price? A great product; not yet proven. A unique product; Yes but not for long and when the next guy comes along with them they will be cheaper! So why only sell hundreds when you can sell thousands if more competitively priced. I know lots of people that want them but not as many are prepared to pay that much for them.

Like i said, my opinion and perfectly entitled to it just like the others are that are complaining about pricing. Also worth noting to yourself rezenclowd3 that not all criticism is destructive.
YZFAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #239
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default That's good to read.

Can't wait to try a set. Is there any way you could post a pic of he new design? I hope you consider a boot soon.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #240
ark
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think they are great value if they work as good as they say. Id rather buy a set of these than 1 ecs shaft for $47

http://www.litemodz.com/product_info...roducts_id=318
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=816&id=9136
ark is offline   Reply With Quote