R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 12:07 PM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

YOU GUYS should see how bad top level oval racers are.... it seems as soon as u make an a main at a large event.. u get your im an a$$^ole card.... then u can be a d!ck to anyone u want..

people think oval died becayuse it was a money game.. alot of ot was the people u have to race with.. now im not saying all top level racers... but the really big ones are....they wont even talk to you at a weekly race because u are not in there little click..and if u do something wrong in a race,, not a newbie.. but another pro they unload...

ive seen some of these little babies get so mad after they make a mistake they drive there car in the wall full speed.. totally destroying it and then crying to the heavens about what crap they have to use.... then they go to anothwer sponsor...things happen they always will.. its all apart of this little TOY HOBBY we CHOOSE to PLAY.....

i mean c mon.... go up to someone on the street and say to them i race toy ccars profesionally...i doubt they would think u were very cool...being good or decent racing toys in no way makes u a better person.....it makes u a better hobbiest
Old 05-30-2004, 12:28 PM   #32
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to etzkev

Quote:
Originally posted by burbs
YOU GUYS should see how bad top level oval racers are.... it seems as soon as u make an a main at a large event.. u get your im an a$$^ole card.... then u can be a d!ck to anyone u want..

people think oval died becayuse it was a money game.. alot of ot was the people u have to race with.. now im not saying all top level racers... but the really big ones are....they wont even talk to you at a weekly race because u are not in there little click..and if u do something wrong in a race,, not a newbie.. but another pro they unload...

ive seen some of these little babies get so mad after they make a mistake they drive there car in the wall full speed.. totally destroying it and then crying to the heavens about what crap they have to use.... then they go to anothwer sponsor...things happen they always will.. its all apart of this little TOY HOBBY we CHOOSE to PLAY.....

i mean c mon.... go up to someone on the street and say to them i race toy ccars profesionally...i doubt they would think u were very cool...being good or decent racing toys in no way makes u a better person.....it makes u a better hobbiest
Yeah, that's all true. I have seen people drive their cars into walls purposely too.
Old 05-30-2004, 12:32 PM   #33
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Quote:
Originally posted by Entropy
Amen, I am surprised that some of you think its your god given right to tell newbies off, a good driver will know how to drive around newbies, and if the newbie can still punt you off, they you probably aren't fast enough to pull away from the newbie. Which also means your driving sucks.

amen to that!! but i have to say that being a newbie myself does not mean being ignorant of the intricacies of racing. before you start with any hobby, sport, etc., there is quite a bit of reading and research involve and i'm positive that this guy read somewhere about racing and track ediquette(I HAVE PLENTY OF TIMES!).
so what i have to say in the end is NEITHER DRIVER HAS ANY LEG TO STAND ON TO JUSTIFY THEIR CONDUCT ON AND OFF THE TRACK!!
and sorry for the dad and his kids but what he should do is keep his kids and hisself in the hobby and TEACH HIS KIDS THIS BEHAVIOR IS NOT THE NORM AND NEITHER IS IT ACCEPTABLE.
we need more good people and cool heads in the sport.
and some of you more experienced guys---COMRADERIE GOES A LONG WAY IF YOU START LETTING NEWBIES GRAB YOUR SHIRTTAILS EVERY NOW & AGAIN.

thank you my name is JayBee and I APPROVE this message
Old 05-30-2004, 01:57 PM   #34
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

When your a newbie your learning the lines and trying to be consistant. If a newbie is hitting the lines but not very consistantly it IS hard to pass sometimes, it's much easier for the newbie to go a little wide and let someone through then to some how anticipate which line the newbie will take into a certain corner. Now with some newbies it's very easy to pass, they overshoot every corner and if you take the inside line your set, but if you read the original statement it says that the newbie was passed in the infield, but could outpower the other driver down the straight missed the braking point and smacked him into the boards. I don't care about the TQ run, what the newbie did was just stupid.

Talk to newbies and try and help them out. If they really do drill you just have a chat with them after the race of over(no not a yelling match). Again if they let you pass do the same(say thanks). What you have to remember is that most of us are driving over $700 worth of car out there and seeing it smashed into a wall on because of stupidity isn't what most people like to see. Yes I know it's a part of racing.

Think CALM COMMUNICATION! Help newbies out and in the long run they may be challenging you for the lead.
Old 05-30-2004, 04:12 PM   #35
Tech Master

Quote:

So? That just means they care about it more than you do. If you have a problem, stay on porch or fight back. Put up or shut up.
Old 05-30-2004, 04:25 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

ugh...youll never learn
Old 05-30-2004, 05:26 PM   #37
Tech Master

I understand what you guys mean but this is my outlook. If you arn't serious about it, atleast respect the guys who are
Old 05-30-2004, 05:36 PM   #38
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Quote:
Originally posted by The Black Kat
I understand what you guys mean but this is my outlook. If you arn't serious about it, atleast respect the guys who are

i can agree with that--- its simple yet holds TONS of truth
Old 05-30-2004, 05:37 PM   #39
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

But the bottom line is You Dont Have To be an A hole to be fast,and to the guys who wont pull over when their being laped,now your being an A hole and you should not cry when you get punted..
Old 05-30-2004, 05:49 PM   #40
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxkat
But the bottom line is You Dont Have To be an A hole to be fast,and to the guys who wont pull over when their being laped,now your being an A hole and you should not cry when you get punted..
Yeah, you have a point....

Tell the novice to get out of the way next time instead of "cry" as you guys like to put it.
Old 05-30-2004, 05:56 PM   #41
Tech Master

black kat u have it all worng.. it is the winers and babies so called good guys who dont have respect... they think they own the track.. and when something happens to them its everyone elses fault....

Unless you are good enough to be on a level that helps u get something in return...ie sponsors... its a hobby... if it is weekly racing .. it is a hobby...

i can see a temper fuing at a large event... an event were a finish actually might meen something... but if u think weekly racing is worth the stress of a big race.. you will eventually quit racing.. ive seen it happen a hundred times... guys hit a wall in performance.. the next thing they do is start changing cars every week. then motors, ect ect.. then they get so stressed out they just quit... me personally i like the ones who quit.. because with atitudes like that YOU do nothing for the hobby....

this hoby is about helping everyone go faster... if u think it is all about you, your in it for the wrong reason... weekly racing means squat.. u could run the same track every week for racing.. and then have a large race .. the lap times for that big race will be so much better then the weekly racing it isnt funny...

why because weekly racing , people do as practice, or for fun.. when the big gig hits u step it up...

ive also seen alot of people who think ohh man weekly i can keep up with so and so and he is so fast.. but then at the big race he has two laps on me.. and they think ohh man im struggling.....but there not.. thats the true gap between and average racer and a fast racer..
Old 05-30-2004, 06:15 PM   #42
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think we are all serious about racing, allthough maybe in different degees, but if you cant respect another person well than you are probably just a prick in life too. This HOBBY started out as fun for every one of us here or else we wouldnt still be doing it and when some of these members grow up and become adults they might see that too. I have been punted many of times just like everyone else and guess what, ive caused punts as well. That is just the nature of the beast trying to control a toy car 100 feet away from you on a racing line maybe 2-3 feet wide.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:17 PM   #43
Tech Master

Quote:
black kat u have it all worng.. it is the winers and babies so called good guys who dont have respect... they think they own the track.. and when something happens to them its everyone elses fault....

Unless you are good enough to be on a level that helps u get something in return...ie sponsors... its a hobby... if it is weekly racing .. it is a hobby...

i can see a temper fuing at a large event... an event were a finish actually might meen something... but if u think weekly racing is worth the stress of a big race.. you will eventually quit racing.. ive seen it happen a hundred times... guys hit a wall in performance.. the next thing they do is start changing cars every week. then motors, ect ect.. then they get so stressed out they just quit... me personally i like the ones who quit.. because with atitudes like that YOU do nothing for the hobby....

this hoby is about helping everyone go faster... if u think it is all about you, your in it for the wrong reason... weekly racing means squat.. u could run the same track every week for racing.. and then have a large race .. the lap times for that big race will be so much better then the weekly racing it isnt funny...

why because weekly racing , people do as practice, or for fun.. when the big gig hits u step it up...

ive also seen alot of people who think ohh man weekly i can keep up with so and so and he is so fast.. but then at the big race he has two laps on me.. and they think ohh man im struggling.....but there not.. thats the true gap between and average racer and a fast racer..
Every race is a big race for me....I only get the oportunity to drive 3 times a month if I'm lucky....I take every race with the same seriousness

I guess you woun't like me because I'll go insane before I quit
Old 05-30-2004, 06:39 PM   #44
Tech Master

90% of the people in the hobby can only race 2-4 times a month.. once a week.. its just how it is.. thats fine you are entitled to your opinion.. i just think you will lose the love for this hobby with that kind of attitude...
Old 05-30-2004, 06:52 PM   #45
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by The Black Kat
Every race is a big race for me....I only get the oportunity to drive 3 times a month if I'm lucky....I take every race with the same seriousness

I guess you woun't like me because I'll go insane before I quit
If you're that serious then I would expect to see you be the first to walk up to the race director and tell him to keep the novices in a class by themselves because they don't belong with the experienced guys. Unfortunately, you're probably the guy that doesn't have the balls to do that, but would rather stomp off the driver's stand cussing out everyone in your way. And maybe you're never in that situation, but your advocation of that type treatment of the novices makes you every bit as big a loser as the guy who does do it.

You can leave the "I'm dead serious on the track"-routine at home; It don't play here.
Closed Thread