Search

R/C Tech Live @ the 2004 Reedy Race of Champions

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

one comment...

GEEZ IT'S ONLY $12!!!!

You can get anything for that now days you are lucky.

I can't buy a music cd for that... I just don't understand how people can get torn up about spending $12 that someone worked hard on and is almost giving away, but they will spend thousands on rc equipment???

Sorry, but I appreciate what Izzy has done and I can't wait to get mine...

Thanks,
Michael
Old 06-15-2004, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by Tempest2000
one comment...

GEEZ IT'S ONLY $12!!!!

Sorry, but I appreciate what Izzy has done and I can't wait to get mine...

Thanks,
Michael
amen! hey, izzy... was mine in the first batch? i can hardly wait!!!!
Old 06-15-2004, 01:42 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think about everyone wants one of the first batch.
Me too.

Last years DVD was really good so I did hope there will be another one this year. And now itīs ready for it.

Thanks Izzy.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if this will be relevant, but hopefully everyone can get an idea on how much hard work Izzy put on his DVD projects. But before anything else, I'm hoping we could all first thank the right people accordingly as I'm seeing posts where everything is revolving around 1 person (Izzy, no hostility here... I just want to give people a clear background of what's going on).

Here’s some details on Izzy’s Reedy 2003 video:

As advertised, the Reedy 2003 DVD was shot using amateur videos. 90% of the footage were from Jasper’s camera which I personally took. We didn’t have plans on doing a DVD then, but when Izzy asked us if we want it immortalized on DVD, we obliged. Take note that all of us are from team TAOB, including Izzy, so the Reedy 2003 DVD was a TAOB effort as well as a few others who donated stuff like pictures etc. (Kevin of Seattle, WA for example).

As this was Izzy’s little project, all editing, menus etc etc. were done by him. It took around 2~3 months after Reedy that we saw the first cuts from the DVD. We all loved it and from the feedback we are hearing to this day, I’m sure a lot of you were expecting the 2004 DVD to be close or even better than last year. I have no doubts that Izzy will do a fantastic job on this new one (I haven’t seen it btw.), but take note that this is not his full time job, hence it is still labeled as an “Amateur showcase.”

As for the people who thought that the first DVD was a profit making scheme… well, it wasn’t. As Izzy mentioned, it was mainly to share the Reedy experience to the masses. He asked help from TAOB, so we did. Yes, he did charge a few $, but that was to get his money back from the blank DVDs and cases he had to buy. Did TAOB get a share? No… but for what? We really didn’t care… all we know is that Izzy did a very good job of capturing the team’s first Reedy experience… It was the first time we all got to race together in a BIG RACE!

Now, here’s some details on Izzy’s Reedy 2004 video:

Early this year, Izzy already informed all TAOB members that he needed help in filming. But as a lot of you know, about half of the team didn’t get in Reedy due to the lottery system. Most planned not to go to Reedy because of this. I did however, commit myself to help Izzy on Saturday, hence, I was in charge of Saturday filming. A lot of you saw me there holding the camcorder for at least 6 hrs… Heck I worked my A$$ off getting good footage...

Here’s the biggie though, none of my footage will be on the video. Why? Because Izzy and I weren’t able to see each other this past 3 weeks. I was too busy(expecting a baby and moving houses) and Izzy didn't go to Tamiya for 2 weeks.

To my surprise, Izzy emailed TAOB late last week and mentioned that the DVD was done. I feel bad for not being able to help, and all the more for wasting 3 tapes of good footage for nothing… (I guess it will become my personal video collection… unless somebody wants them on their DVD… or maybe do an extended version of Izzy’s)

Now, I don’t know who contributed to this new DVD, but I’m sure it will be just as great. I say good luck to Izzy and hopefully a lot of people will be satisfied with his work… I have to admit, he’s got skills with the MAC (or should I say, the MAC got skills?!? Just kidding… Izzy… )

Okay, so I got so much time in my hands to compose this post... but come to think of it, you read through it... right? Hehehe...

Ian Aquino
TAOB Racing Team
Old 06-15-2004, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default DVD - Reedy 04

Izzy,

Thanks for taking on this project! I just ordered a DVD!

James
Old 06-15-2004, 03:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: DVD VS Web

Originally posted by aviaar
Wait a second. I don't think you read my post completely. I said that I would not purchase a DVD of the quality on your site, not boycott them all together.

When you're trying to get back into the hobby like I am, meaning spend around a thousand bucks or more for a kit, charger, etc., you really don't have room for sub-par equipment, including a DVD. My only goal by replying to Izzy's post was to make sure the $12 would be justified while I'm purchasing many other things to get into the hobby. Call me crazy....especially Joneser, but hopefully you can see the position I'm in right now.

I enjoy watching the videos on your site, John, and I meant no disrespect to what you do, I just don't have room right now in my wallet to purchase something I don't feel "confident" in.
No aviaar
I didnt mean to be offend you in any way

I just want to express what I know between DVD VS WEB

like second paragraph of my post said

"Anybody's video DVD would be more than acceptable and crystal clear quality"

not Like a web video where you can't tell the diffrence of each body

I race with TAOB locally and just trying to help out local racers

I'll try as best as I can to make my video look better for drivers around the world who can't purchase DVD, VHS for some reasons
Old 06-15-2004, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Last year's DVD would have not been made at all if not for help of others like Ian mentioned. This year I was also counting on other people to help me with the footage. But unfortunately it just did not happen. I only have 2 guys who helped me out and one of them did not even make it to the final cut and the other had only a few of it's footage to make it. It is really difficult to make things happen when you try to depend on other people. Hopefully this can change next year, if it ever happens.

Anyway, everyone who contributed in both DVD's have been permanently credited.

Good news. I just got my new batch of supplies so the burning shall continue.

If anyone wants to work with me next year or wants to release there own let me know so that we can work it out.

Thanks
Old 06-15-2004, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by tamiyadriver
amen! hey, izzy... was mine in the first batch? i can hardly wait!!!!

Ummhm!
Old 06-15-2004, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default Izzy

Regarding the project of making the DVD of this Reedy Race is a time consuming project. I was lucky enough to get last year's dvd and all I can say is GREAT! I can say from my own experience that importing video to a computer is easy, but editing, adding music and transitions and other things is hard work. The amount of money that he has charged us is nothing compared to the time and effort he as put in to these two projects.

Like Ian Aquino said, IZZY has skills with his MAC......

Thanks Izzy from all of us here in San Antonio........

Ronnie
Old 06-15-2004, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Izzy

Originally posted by picco007
Regarding the project of making the DVD of this Reedy Race is a time consuming project. I was lucky enough to get last year's dvd and all I can say is GREAT!
Who retails this DVD? I would love to pick up a copy of it.

Video editing is hard and time consuming, there is great software out there now, but still its every bit as time consuming as it used to be.

Is there going to be a race report for this race like the snowbirds and carpetnats reports?
Old 06-15-2004, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Whoops, just read a few pages back. All good.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

12 dollars now a days can buy me a good meal at an expensive restuarant So I can have a meal that will make my stomach happy or buy a video that I am not sure If I am going to be pleased with
Old 06-15-2004, 10:59 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Default Re: Re: Izzy

Originally posted by v0rtex
Is there going to be a race report for this race like the snowbirds and carpetnats reports?
Yes. I apologize for not having done it, I am just getting obliterated with work here. For those who didn't already know, I began working last month as the Technical Editor @ XRC magazine, in addition to the other consulting and web work I do, and of course this website. Coming off of a cross-country move I just have too much to do!

It will get up there...
Old 06-15-2004, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Ahh, thanks futureal. I know what you mean, so much to do, so little time
Old 06-16-2004, 12:46 AM
Tech Elite

Guys,

Tell me how could I order these DVDs be it 04, 03 or whatsoever?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.