R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-15-2004, 12:07 AM   #496
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by FW05R
how good is the quality on these videos will I be able to see the paintjobs on the cars while they are racing......... how about the sound how clear is it and how long is the run time on this dvd
EXACTLY what I was trying to ask before. I've seen videos from two different sources: futureal and rcvideos.net. If the quality is as good or better than futureal's, great, awesome, his are of superb quality. But the quality on rcvideos.net would not be acceptable at all for me to purchase them. Call me picky, but it just doesn't genrate the same effect if you can't see the cars on the track clearly enough to distinguish one driver from the next. When I hear DVD, I would expect to get the quality that a DVD is usually associated with.

Please don't think I'm overly cautious. I just don't know what to expect.
aviaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 12:25 AM   #497
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I wish I could give you guys a better idea of when I'll have my video stuff ready. It is on my ever-growing list of things to do but I'm still just getting my life back in order out here. We did get our Premiere Pro editing stuff all set up so we're at least one step closer.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:26 AM   #498
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by aviaar
EXACTLY what I was trying to ask before. I've seen videos from two different sources: futureal and rcvideos.net. If the quality is as good or better than futureal's, great, awesome, his are of superb quality. But the quality on rcvideos.net would not be acceptable at all for me to purchase them. Call me picky, but it just doesn't genrate the same effect if you can't see the cars on the track clearly enough to distinguish one driver from the next. When I hear DVD, I would expect to get the quality that a DVD is usually associated with.

I feel the same way I will not pay for a dvd that is not acceptable in my juristiction I want to be able to distinguish surikan's 415 and Hara's Pro4 as they are battling it out
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 12:38 AM   #499
R/C Tech Founder

People do have to keep in mind, though, that izzy is not doing this as a commercial enterprise, he is just trying to give people a chance to see the races.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:07 AM   #500
Tech Apprentice

Default DVD VS Web

Quote:
Originally posted by aviaar

I'm not izzy but to answer that question above. I would say buy it.

"Anybody's video DVD would be more than acceptable and crystal clear quality"

so log in to http://paypal.com and pay the man!
(any cut for me Izzy? :-)

also to clearfy thing about my video look fuzzy or" not acceptable" please read on

I made all my video "acceptable" for most of normal computer users.

If I make or edit my videos at any higher quality than as is more than a half of the visitor's PC would be freeze or unable to watch cause too much buffering by their slow connections.

But on DVD or DIVX, It wouldn't be any problem for quality or speed, for $10? I would love to paypal him.

Lots of PPL already ask me to make mine in to DVD for sale but just like everyone else does I have 5days a week job and weekend is for racing ONLY!

and also making DVD was something I never plan to do from beginning.

It will cause more delay on "show-time" cause of capture-edit-burn DVD - get paid-shipping-arriving...you know what I mean

I just hope people like to accept my site's video as acceptable since it's free and also those are the

"best quality FREE RCvideos web can offer by today's technology"

and also Best for my budget

seem like there is conflict of my videos and futureal's or Izzy's but as far as I understand us 3 guys all had a diffrent purpose to shot the video that day

only thing I can tell you is
"as long as racers visit my site to watch BEST RC racing for FREE"
I'll continue my effort to keep'em happening.

John Lee

Last edited by John L; 06-15-2004 at 02:15 AM.
John L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 02:28 AM   #501
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to ngo8

you know you guys are not paying like $50 you know you are paying $12 this guy sat there and recorded this for us now you are all being picky comon get the dvd and find out it only 12 bucks .
Old 06-15-2004, 05:48 AM   #502
Tech Master

JOHN L.

I've seen your videos. I've downloaded your videos.

They are great.

Keep it up.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 09:11 AM   #503
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

ill say this much.. last years dvd was awesome! the sound was excellent, and i will say, while the pic wasnt hdtv-clear, i could tell them apart.

and i know that i have blown lots more than $12 on misc rc stuff i dont even use!

what about the bug???? that footage last year was super cool, izzy!!!!!

oh yeah, is mine on the way yet?

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 09:32 AM   #504
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Izzy's DVD from last year was awesome. It had a lot of the races, a cool picture featurete, and was even menu driven. Great stuff and well worth it. It's not like we're buying a huge anime box set from ebay or something (which I just did btw hehe) it's Izzy and his stuff is good.
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 11:11 AM   #505
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Re: DVD VS Web

Quote:
Originally posted by John L

also to clearfy thing about my video look fuzzy or" not acceptable" please read on

If I make or edit my videos at any higher quality than as is more than a half of the visitor's PC would be freeze or unable to watch cause too much buffering by their slow connections.

But on DVD or DIVX, It wouldn't be any problem for quality or speed, for $10? I would love to paypal him.

Lots of PPL already ask me to make mine in to DVD for sale but just like everyone else does I have 5days a week job and weekend is for racing ONLY!

It will cause more delay on "show-time" cause of capture-edit-burn DVD - get paid-shipping-arriving...you know what I mean

I just hope people like to accept my site's video as acceptable since it's free and also those are the

seem like there is conflict of my videos and futureal's or Izzy's but as far as I understand us 3 guys all had a diffrent purpose to shot the video that day

John Lee
Hi John,

Has your site been fixed for new registrations?
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 12:35 PM   #506
Tech Adept

Default Re: DVD VS Web

Quote:
Originally posted by John L

John Lee
Wait a second. I don't think you read my post completely. I said that I would not purchase a DVD of the quality on your site, not boycott them all together.

When you're trying to get back into the hobby like I am, meaning spend around a thousand bucks or more for a kit, charger, etc., you really don't have room for sub-par equipment, including a DVD. My only goal by replying to Izzy's post was to make sure the $12 would be justified while I'm purchasing many other things to get into the hobby. Call me crazy....especially Joneser, but hopefully you can see the position I'm in right now.

I enjoy watching the videos on your site, John, and I meant no disrespect to what you do, I just don't have room right now in my wallet to purchase something I don't feel "confident" in.
aviaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 12:43 PM   #507
R/C Tech Founder

You will never see a downloadable video that matches DVD quality unless you want to download gigabytes worth of data. Web videos probably started off in perfect quality, but after compressing it to fit on the web, even with the best codec you'll lose some quality.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:18 PM   #508
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hey guys, settle down. I'm fighting my pain after having 5 of my tooth pulled out by oral surgery and it's not comfortable. My pain medsmakes me even more sick!
That's why I have not been responding to everyone. For the ones who gave faith from the experience from the last DVD, thanks! For ones who are in doubt. It might be better for you to wait and see what they say. The first batch shipped yesterday and we should be getting feedbacks within this week.
Like I said it is not a serious for profit project but yet I will not put out something that I think is crap. The last thing I want to do is have all of the RC community come after me. You will get a well deserve DVD for 12 buck with shipping and packaging. :-).
Thanks
Old 06-15-2004, 01:30 PM   #509
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

izzy-please save me the time to search and let me know how to order and where to send (Pay Pal?) payment to. I would like to order one now!!

Thanks,
Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:31 PM   #510
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

DUH!! did your www symbol and its done!!

Thanks,
Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote