R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   T-spec? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/41571-t-spec.html)

Quiet 05-28-2004 05:30 PM

T-spec?

Does anyone has it yet? if so please tell us about it, I want to know if the t-spec from team trinity will turn fast laps running low turn motors like 8T to 12T or it's only design for 19T spec motors. thanks.

Soviet 05-28-2004 07:58 PM

Honestly...I'd like to know as well....The T-Spec car looks like the foundation to a really nice TC. Just swap the plastic tub for carbon and lose the phillips-head hardware for hex and it would be sweet! :D

Xtant3150c 05-28-2004 09:26 PM

I think the idea for the car was to run a spec class. I'm sure you could get it fast but you would probably have to make your own chassis as since this is a spec car there won't be alot of hop ups for it!

And from what I've heard about it the chassis is quite flexible.

Soviet 05-28-2004 10:57 PM

Actually...I think Trinity "may" come out with a full option version for top class TC competition. I mean look at the design:

Dual deck
Shaft drive
Serpent-like shock angles
Pillow ball suspension
Ability to use side by side packs
etc.

Plus it has a really sweet forward raked suspension geometry.

I think the T-spec car would be a killer design in pro trim.

Car Breaker 05-29-2004 02:07 AM

I am getting one soon, make it a drift car maybe:p

Quiet 05-29-2004 02:50 PM

Originally posted by Soviet
Actually...I think Trinity "may" come out with a full option version for top class TC competition. I mean look at the design:

Dual deck
Shaft drive
Serpent-like shock angles
Pillow ball suspension
Ability to use side by side packs
etc.

Plus it has a really sweet forward raked suspension geometry.

I think the T-spec car would be a killer design in pro trim.

I really like what I've seen so far on the web and on the back of a magazine but I still don't know the internal ratio of it and don't see very many options on the front shock tower either, so I guess I need a little bit more info before I get one.

Brandon Krell 05-29-2004 03:00 PM

the prupose of the car is for spec racing, there will probably not be a pro version, so it keeps everything the same, the same thing applies for option parts

Soviet 05-29-2004 09:05 PM

Originally posted by Brandon Krell
the prupose of the car is for spec racing, there will probably not be a pro version, so it keeps everything the same, the same thing applies for option parts
I'm aware of it's intention...I'm just saying it would be a shame to not develop such a nice looking car into a Pro-level machine... ;)

rc_square24 05-29-2004 10:02 PM

actually, u can get the car now from ebay if u search for "acme r/c 1/10" or sth like that from hk, im pretty sure its the same car.

trinity has said somwhere in a bbs board that the car was imported from some company and i would guess its ACME in china and the cars sus. parts, front bumper holder are identical to the v-one gas cars if u have a look at the pics.

i tihnk the hp is www.acme-rc.com

JimmyMac 05-29-2004 10:20 PM

The hobbyshop here got some. There was one at the track today. We have a spec class here. Any TC that can run the Trinity Spec Batteries and Motors. But now the track owner wants to turn it into "more" of a spec class. The car looked pretty beefy. Had some flex to it. But beefy. In order to take the motor out (ala TC3 style) you have to take off the top plate to access one of the screws that hold down the cam. Kinda sucks. But the angle is too ackward if you were to try and access the screw without the top deck removed. Also the gears are not USA spec... but metric. So you'd have to find some pinions or whatever from someplace else. Also it was slow in stock trim (real slow with spec motor and batteries.. much slower than tc3 with same setup). I'll have to see more of it later I guess. I think the guy ended up using his TC3 instead until the class becomes full Spec.. T-Spec. Basically, you get what you pay for. But the car should hold up to abuse... I think.....

rc_square24 05-29-2004 10:40 PM

are the gears like tamiya coarse ones?

JimmyMac 05-30-2004 12:01 AM

I really didn't get a look at the spur or pinion. One of the other guys were trying to change pinions and noticed the gear mesh wouldn't work with 48pitch or whatever it was they were trying to fit. To me the car is just a huge hunk of plastic. But for spec racing, this car should do just fine for what it was intended to do here stateside. $120 for a car, motor, battery, and body is not a bad deal for someone looking to start out or looking for affordable racing "if" your track supports it. If they don't, the TC3 Racer kit is your best bet for an excellent affordable racing car.

Soviet 05-30-2004 12:27 AM

Originally posted by KilRuf
I really didn't get a look at the spur or pinion. One of the other guys were trying to change pinions and noticed the gear mesh wouldn't work with 48pitch or whatever it was they were trying to fit. To me the car is just a huge hunk of plastic. But for spec racing, this car should do just fine for what it was intended to do here stateside. $120 for a car, motor, battery, and body is not a bad deal for someone looking to start out or looking for affordable racing "if" your track supports it. If they don't, the TC3 Racer kit is your best bet for an excellent affordable racing car.
Bummer to hear that bro...I was hoping for better... :(

partyman 05-30-2004 04:14 AM

I purchased a real Trinity Spec Car and it came with a Kimbrough 48 pitch spur and adapter. The car is good, no issues. the cheap version thats on e-bay runs backwards because the transmissions are in the other way. They also have all bushings and plastic drive cups....lmao the driveshaft vibrates like mad. I paid a little more but my car goes foward....My friend who got the cheep ebay car put it back up for sale and bought the Trinity Version.

BTW: The adapter bolts on like a tc3 and the kimbrough gear was a 69 48 pitch. The gears that are on the car, metric 48.

Width: 189mm - Height: 91.55mm - Length: 380mm - Wheel Base: 259mm - Gear Ratio: 7.42:1 - Weight Approx.: 3.45 lbs.
I guess the gear ratio is calculated with the spur and pinion that come on the car!

Trinity has done a good job with this class in the past so Im in!

bobby340ex 06-02-2004 07:06 AM

T-Spec

I got the Trinity T-Spec week before last and I've got it running more than the Spec stuff in it. I've got my V8 ESC and Fantom Stock motor, also running my 3300's in it. It seems to keep right up with the Losi's and the TC3's, and has alot better handling than the losi's and TC3's. One thing i want to try and change on the car is the dogbones to CVD's if i can find ones that might work. I haven't checked the size match of the TC3 CVD's or maybe the losi's yet but i'm looking into it. I Still mainly use my Schumacher Mission, but for the few races that i've put the T-Spec out there it's held it's own. The best thing in my view, and i've had a few TC3's, is the steering system. The T-Spec's bell crank is not near as tight as the TC3's and with this it can cut out of the corners pretty quick and tight with the aid of the suspension system that is pretty good for this cheap chassis. I to would like to see Trinity come out with some upgrades for a higher level competion car without a 3rd party involved, but from what i get from Trinity that's not going to happen. This is a whole marketing stratagy of theres and thats's the bottom line cause they said so lol :ha: