R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-22-2005, 12:45 PM   #46
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

TigeRyan -

Yep, I know this totally kills the legality of the car for the official Trinity rules. Our LHS does not enforce the Trinity rules too hard, and we've pretty much all switched over to "stock" anyway, so these mods are totally legal there.

On top of that, my LHS has had these parts backordered for over 2 months that I know of. This leaves the owners in the unenviable position of either buying new cars or installing "unapproved" parts. Given the difference in cost, many are going the second route.

On the other hand, I just bought a Pro4 and am loving every second of it. But I'd like to sell my T-Spec, and I can't do it with a clear conscience if I know it's on its last legs and there are no parts available right now. Thus my grand quest to resolve its major issues and get the cars up and running again. But like I said - if anyone overseas can find parts (or if you can tell me the exact model of Kyosho from which this car was stolen) then I'll happily go that route instead!

Mike
Johnboy Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 01:16 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default parts

Sounds like you guys are having a tough time getting parts over there. Here in Australia the t-spec is rebadged and named a Acme vanguard. If you contact an australian dist. you will be able to get parts much easier and also probably cheaper. I will ask my local hobby shop which wholesaler they come from and I'll let you know some contact details.

"He who dies with the most toys wins" - Phil Harris
Jack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 02:21 PM   #48
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Sweet!!!

Let me know what you find out.

Also, could you check with your LHS to see if you can get diff gears and the little blue motor-mount clamp? These are the parts we really need, and if we could verify that parts do exist somewhere in the world, that would make me at least a bit more optimistic that we will eventually see them in the US.

Mike
Johnboy Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 05:40 PM   #49
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to gene465

Check with tower as the reflex knuckles,hubs arms etc all fit if you are not worried about spec. Also I have a roller that I might be willing to part with. My son ran it once and had to replace the front knuckles with the reflex ones and lost a pillowball plastic washer. It is also missing the foam bumper. If interested in it as a roller for parts PM me with an offer. Mine is still in one piece after 6 months of racing! LMK thanks Gene
gene465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 09:13 PM   #50
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yeah I'll find out in the next day or two. I machined a heat sink motor clamp up as the originals are made of cast allloy or some rubbish and they are so weak. diffs (complete-you cant buy diff parts ,just the whole thing) are about $9-10 AU which is around $6-7 US. a top deck for example is $12 AU. they are pretty cheap. I'll let you all know when i find out more.

Cheers, Jack

"He who dies with the most toys wins" - Phil Harris
Jack2 is offline   Reply With Quote