Best ESC do 1/10 Stock

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi guys, im new to racing, have been on my first race and get really into it I have Xray T2 008 with Hobbyking power combo (100A ESC and 6,5T motor) but it is way tooo fast for me so i have bought LRP X12 17,5T motor for Stock kategories, but i have found out that this HK ESC with LRP motor is much slower than other guyz in my Stock kat..
    So could you please recommend me some better ESC? Ive found out that others are running usually LRP SXX Stock or Tekin speedos, but few guyz are racing with cheaper Xerun..
    Which one should be better for me? Speed, reliability and "handling" is no. 1 for me.. thanks much for replies, Martin.
  • You're opening the flood gates by asking that question. But since you asked, I prefer Tekin over most other ESCs. It's got a lot of programmable options, and should work with your LRP motor.
  • +1 on the Tekin, lots of programming features and also a small design so it will fit almost anywhere!!! Also with the RS PRO there is no motor limit so you can run just about anything!!!!
  • TEKIN
    RS Pro
  • Quote: Hi guys, im new to racing, have been on my first race and get really into it I have Xray T2 008 with Hobbyking power combo (100A ESC and 6,5T motor) but it is way tooo fast for me so i have bought LRP X12 17,5T motor for Stock kategories, but i have found out that this HK ESC with LRP motor is much slower than other guyz in my Stock kat..
    So could you please recommend me some better ESC? Ive found out that others are running usually LRP SXX Stock or Tekin speedos, but few guyz are racing with cheaper Xerun..
    Which one should be better for me? Speed, reliability and "handling" is no. 1 for me.. thanks much for replies, Martin.
    I would buy the Tekin , but the fastest at our club is the GM120

I do love my Tekin though
  • Tekin looks great, but im afraid of programming - it is only possible to program that from computer? Aint that so difficult? As ive said - im newbie to this stuff..
    Im also worried about reliability, ill probably buy from us ebay and im from europe so if anything goes wrong im not gonna be able to bring it back.. Or any ideas where to buy best?
    Shall Tekin work fine with LRP X12 motor? Anybody tried?
    GM 120 runs fine as well, thats for sure, seen that in action
    Thank you so much guys for info..
  • Quote: Tekin looks great, but im afraid of programming - it is only possible to program that from computer? Aint that so difficult? As ive said - im newbie to this stuff..
    Im also worried about reliability, ill probably buy from us ebay and im from europe so if anything goes wrong im not gonna be able to bring it back..
    Shall Tekin work fine with LRP X12 motor? Anybody tried?
    GM 120 runs fine as well, thats for sure, seen that in action
    I am a computer idiot and i can manage with the Tekin

The GM is harder for programming than the Tekin

the X12 is a good motorbut they run a little hot for me
  • Ok i think thats solved - 100% for Tekin
    And one more - is it worth to buy Pro version? As ive read here rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/359912-tekin-rs-vs-rs-pro.html i dont think so (cant see myself driving 5,5T
    and where to buy Tekin best?
  • Quote: Ok i think thats solved - 100% for Tekin
    And one more - is it worth to buy Pro version? As ive read here rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/359912-tekin-rs-vs-rs-pro.html i dont think so (cant see myself driving 5,5T
    and where to buy Tekin best?
    I thought the same about the Pro

Wish i had bought it now , cannot run modified at all with the RS

RCmarket is a great seller , or Ebay
  • Is it necessary to own the Hotwire for Tekin? Or is posible to make some basic setup without that. Also where i can find the best settings for my usage (the Tekin thread is soooooo large
  • yes, you can still setup the ESC without hotwire.
  • Foxx. That is true in a way, you can adjust some settings without the hotwire, but the hotwire is absolutely essential so that you can update the ESC to the latest firmware. Straight out of the box , the RS/RS Pro is not that quick.
  • speedos
    GM is better for me, but have to get used to the programing and can program it a lot
    used the tekin vs the GM and prefer the GM
    and when know how to program it fine nice speedo
  • I run Tekin, but the fastest guys at our club run the Hobbywing ESC's that are 1/2 the price! I love my Tekin, but unless you're in the top 5% your driving will make more of a difference than the ESC. Sorry if i'm stating the obvious.
  • Tekin: Raw power, low temps.

HobbyWing: Low price, almost as fast, a bit hotter motor.

GM: Can be difficult to setup, as fast as Tekin, but with high temps.