Originally posted by R/C Anonymous
Black Kat im game...send it here ill see what i can do with it
If I can't get anything out of them...damn strait I will
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 11:04 AM   #92
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

just send it. time is being wasted send it assembled and not with everything apart like i get sometimes. i cant give you before and after results if you do this
Old 05-31-2004, 11:18 AM   #93
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by racenut123
If some people would quit whining about thier situation,maybe people would be willing to help. Also,if that same person asks for advice, why is it everytime someone gives some, the whiner basically blows them off and tell's them they are wrong.WTF?

A wise friend{also a racer} said r/c is a luxory,not a necessity.If you cant afford the necessities of life, why whine about not being able to afford luxories. If you want to pay for r/c,then find a way to make money.period.People need to quit clogging all the the threads on several message boards with thier sob story and excuses why parents wont pay for thier toys and how they are too young get a job.Suggestions have been made.If they cant take the hint,then quit racing until you can afford it.Very simple.
Amen.... I never heard.... or make that read... so much whining.
THERE ARE NO MAGIC STOCK MOTOR SECRETS.... good basic prep... a lucky pick from the hobby shop motor selection.... good batts.... correct gearing and most of all... a good setup and great driving makes for a fast stock racer

Last edited by ottoman; 05-31-2004 at 11:25 AM.
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 11:23 AM   #94
Tech Elite

This is what Adrian from Schumacher said
"Yeah, there are some guys that have all sorts of brews they soak brushes in, cook them in ovens, send them out for cryo treatments, rub ear wax into them...whatever.

All I know is that a better driver with a totally crap motor always wins. We used to have a Turkey Shoot Carpet race every year at Minnreg (Home of 1999 and 2000 ROAR Carpet Nats). This race was the one race per year that all the Mod Sedan guys would run stock just for fun.

They (JR Mitch, Paul Wynn, Dave Vera Jared Scott, Jason Ruona) had a tradition where they would not buy stock motors but borrow whatever junk motors the locals wanted to let them use. They used original Green Machines, original Midnights against the best rebuildable and every year they spanked all the top Stock racers. Like Xray's Alex Lopez, AE's Kevin Mitchell and tons of other non famous but even faster locals.

Racing stock is 80% driver, 10% Car and 10% motor."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adrian Martinez
Sales Manager Schumacher USA
[email protected]
Old 05-31-2004, 11:36 AM   #95
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

What adrian said has proven correct time and time again.Around in my area,the expert stock class is hotly contested.Stacked full of really capable drivers.I know for a fact there are some who dont have the best stock motors.Matter of fact,I was gonna throw a monster I had away,ended up giving it to a friend who ended up giving it to another friend,who in turn kicked everyones butt with it!

Driver's capabilty is a huge part of stock racing.Another proof in point.A driver in the invite this year at the Reedy,used to come and fiddle with racing stock with us as an extra class to pass the time.He would take out his lathe which had a stock motor on it and proceed to run that in the stock class.He was easily a lap on the field,which were full of good stock racers.End of story and point.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 11:36 AM   #96
Tech Master

Basically this is how it is around here

I get motored down the strait & sweeper (loosing a second a lap to motor)

BUT I'm only able to make maybe half a second a lap up by actual driving

So I'm still loosing out major...On carpet I didn't have this problem but outdoor is a completely different animal

Anonymous....PM me the adress to send the motors. Only one of them has brushes (brand new Reedy 767s) I'll see if I'm able to get them out on Wednesday (My dad finally sold something on e-bay so he needs to go to the post office anyway)

My dad decided to try and share some of the wealth...We bid on a bunch of Team Scream matched packs on e-bay...Were only just barely winning 2 or 3 of them now (he throws low bids)

Last edited by The Black Kat; 05-31-2004 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:00 PM   #97
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Could it be you are actually running with people who have more capabilty?

On carpet,{again easier for most to get thier car around because of the high traction}you ran with the sportsman class.Easily 2 laps down from expert class.Now you race at Sheldons{very low bite asphalt}.Not many people show up for thier club races.Everyone is lumped together.Could it be that the top 2-3 in your mixed class are just more capable drivers then you?You really have no experience with low bite asphalt,hence you srtuggled to get any of the many cars that you have owned to work.Maybe its not the motors/batteries? Just a thought.Work on that before you blame other things.If you really broke it down,you have unmatched packs. they usually average 1.15 per cell. Lets say you buy 1.17 cells.The actual difference between the 2 packs is 1/10th of a volt over the whole pack!I doubt this will help you in reality,because your skill level is not high enough to take advantage of such small advantages.Blow one line and its all gone.Food for thought.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 12:01 PM   #98
Tech Elite

Sigh..... well I guess we all thought we were pretty smart when we were his age...
Old 05-31-2004, 12:06 PM   #99
Tech Master

True Hicks....But I'm not gonna win any of those batterys anyway

I don't think you've ever seen me on a good day on the carpet...You should

I admit, I suck outdoors....but why am I getting motored so badly? I don't think getting motored in entirely or any of my fault

Quote:
Originally posted by racenut123
Could it be you are actually running with people who have more capabilty?

On carpet,{again easier for most to get thier car around because of the high traction}you ran with the sportsman class.Easily 2 laps down from expert class.Now you race at Sheldons{very low bite asphalt}.Not many people show up for thier club races.Everyone is lumped together.Could it be that the top 2-3 in your mixed class are just more capable drivers then you?You really have no experience with low bite asphalt,hence you srtuggled to get any of the many cars that you have owned to work.Maybe its not the motors/batteries? Just a thought.Work on that before you blame other things.If you really broke it down,you have unmatched packs. they usually average 1.15 per cell. Lets say you buy 1.17 cells.The actual difference between the 2 packs is 1/10th of a volt over the whole pack!I doubt this will help you in reality,because your skill level is not high enough to take advantage of such small advantages.Blow one line and its all gone.Food for thought.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:16 PM   #100
Tech Elite

The Black Kat - If your motor works fine on ozite then the problem is obviously not the motor, it's your gearing...
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 12:17 PM   #101

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Or the entire car setup, carpet vs asphalt is a totally different story
Old 05-31-2004, 01:59 PM   #102
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

Trinityracingnut and fatdoggy make excellent points
Old 05-31-2004, 02:48 PM   #103
Tech Master

Prob is I can't gear the motor accourdingly or I'll fry it

I got both the Monsters spinning 20,500 on the dyno with decent amp draw...

I did dig up my Core stocks and one of them is lookin real good on the dyno

Thanks for all your help...I'm goin back to the Core though
Old 05-31-2004, 05:57 PM   #104
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to FUK_WRX Send a message via AIM to FUK_WRX Send a message via MSN to FUK_WRX Send a message via Yahoo to FUK_WRX

Bascially we come to a conclusion that motors are motors. Ill just maintain them properly based on the link that was posterd. Very helpful.
FUK_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 12:45 AM   #105
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by FUK_WRX
Bascially we come to a conclusion that motors are motors. Ill just maintain them properly based on the link that was posterd. Very helpful.
Team paradigm also has a pretty good guide on how to get your motor running well.

The only thing I would recommend you not do is sand the armature shafts.

You can just polish the shafts with some chrome polish and the inside of the bushing with some polish and a q tip in a drill or a dremel.(tip from paradigm's guide)

http://www.team-paradigm.com/tech.shtml
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote