Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Paradigm monster VS Fukuyama Monster >

Paradigm monster VS Fukuyama Monster

Paradigm monster VS Fukuyama Monster

Old 05-28-2004, 08:31 PM
  #46  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Jose California
Posts: 1,251
Default

I guess that is cool....I just self filter

Getting po'ed at someone over the net is like winning the special oylmpics.....you all heard that one

My dad and I "dragged" out in the street today. Needless to say if we were racing for slips I'd be out a really killer car.

Thanks for the help....on I go.....-Dan
The Black Kat is offline  
Old 05-29-2004, 06:29 AM
  #47  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Green Bay,WI
Posts: 3,006
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by The Black Kat
Heh, Interesting...

Lets hope if it pulls really bad numbers it gets a load of torque

Could it have anything to do with batteries? I use un-matched GP3300's chargeded @6.5A (lot of the locals like 8.5 for stock)
charging at 8.5? what r they nuts? thatll kill runtime and life span of batteries...i charge at 6 amps and ive charged at 5 amps as well and gained 20 seconds additional runtime...so where does 8.5 get you

unmatched cells will slow you down noticeably....try some matched cells (Surge has awesome products and superior service) even if you run the lowest voltage matched cells theyll be faster then unmatched cells...in all my racing even at national races ive only run 1.145 packs(and placed well in my class)...but now its time to turn it up a notch and get some serious power...1.18+ here we come
R/C Anonymous is offline  
Old 05-29-2004, 06:31 AM
  #48  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Green Bay,WI
Posts: 3,006
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by The Black Kat
Heh, Interesting...

Lets hope if it pulls really bad numbers it gets a load of torque

Could it have anything to do with batteries? I use un-matched GP3300's chargeded @6.5A (lot of the locals like 8.5 for stock)
charging at 8.5? what r they nuts? thatll kill runtime and life span of batteries...i charge at 6 amps and ive charged at 5 amps as well and gained 20 seconds additional runtime...so where does 8.5 get you
(i charge at those amps because i feel it gives a good place for both lifespan and performance)

unmatched cells will slow you down noticeably....try some matched cells (Surge has awesome products and superior service) even if you run the lowest voltage matched cells theyll be faster then unmatched cells...in all my racing even at national races ive only run 1.145 packs(and placed well in my class)...but now its time to turn it up a notch and get some serious power...1.18+ here we come
R/C Anonymous is offline  
Old 05-29-2004, 06:50 AM
  #49  
Moderator
iTrader: (8)
 
StephenSobottka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 3,267
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Geoff- You think 8.5 is nuts? Try 10 or higher most of the time at big events. That is no lie. The stock and 19t class at snowbirds was insane. 10 amps was almost a normal charging for at least half to 75 percent of the snowbirds field.
StephenSobottka is offline  
Old 05-29-2004, 06:52 AM
  #50  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Green Bay,WI
Posts: 3,006
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Stephen i meant for club racing...sorry i should specify better next time... ty
R/C Anonymous is offline  
Old 05-29-2004, 06:52 AM
  #51  
Moderator
iTrader: (8)
 
StephenSobottka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 3,267
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

heh lol, thats k
StephenSobottka is offline  
Old 05-29-2004, 09:09 AM
  #52  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
Brian McGreevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,081
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Steve, were YOU charging at 10 amps too?

Anyway this has gotten kinda off topic...motors anyone?

My 2 cents...

Paradigm Monster you can't go wrong. I don't believe I've ever heard anyone saying they got a Paradigm motor that was slow.

Never ran a Fuku motor so I can't say, but it looks like they're good.
Brian McGreevy is offline  
Old 05-29-2004, 09:28 AM
  #53  
Tech Fanatic
 
pucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central, FL
Posts: 804
Default

I say get whatever your local dealer has. If you don't support them, where will you go race the car you are putting it into? I love the Fukuyama products and I run their cells but please remember to support your LHS.

Luis
pucho is offline  
Old 05-29-2004, 04:39 PM
  #54  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Jose California
Posts: 1,251
Default

Where am I gonna get money for any of this? I need to get a Paradigm Monster AND freakin matched packs?

I'm a good enough drive to do well in stock...I have no good equipment though
The Black Kat is offline  
Old 05-29-2004, 08:53 PM
  #55  
Tech Master
iTrader: (52)
 
JamesArluck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,233
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by The Black Kat
Where am I gonna get money for any of this? I need to get a Paradigm Monster AND freakin matched packs?

I'm a good enough drive to do well in stock...I have no good equipment though
Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it......

Or better yet, GET A JOB
JamesArluck is offline  
Old 05-29-2004, 08:58 PM
  #56  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
Super Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,177
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

People keep saying they "tune" their motors and "mess around" with them.

Could you guy spost what you guys fiddle with?

just brush and spring combo?

I don't see alot to do...

polish the armature ends, change brushes/spring and oil the bushings...

how do you "fiddle" with your motor to make it "better"?

Also,
Where do people get their rpm numbers from?

Integy motor dyno? MPM? Fantom? Tekin? robo? CE?
Super Steve is offline  
Old 05-29-2004, 09:44 PM
  #57  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Jose California
Posts: 1,251
Default

Originally posted by JamesArluck
Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it......

Or better yet, GET A JOB
YOU TRY GETTING A FREAING JOB AROUND HERE...THEN I'LL MAKE A JOKE ABOUT YOU AND SEE HOW YOU LIKE IT

I'm only 14....but I've been trying to get a job for the last 6 months....not happening

Anyway...lets hope I win my e-bay auction (Phantom Tuned Monster @ $10!)
The Black Kat is offline  
Old 05-29-2004, 09:49 PM
  #58  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Jose California
Posts: 1,251
Default

Originally posted by Super Steve
People keep saying they "tune" their motors and "mess around" with them.

Could you guy spost what you guys fiddle with?

just brush and spring combo?

I don't see alot to do...

polish the armature ends, change brushes/spring and oil the bushings...

how do you "fiddle" with your motor to make it "better"?

Also,
Where do people get their rpm numbers from?

Integy motor dyno? MPM? Fantom? Tekin? robo? CE?
If its a dud, its a dud.....

I use the Integy dyno for RPM readings

Fizzuck!!!! I got outbid...I don't have $15

Well, back to the bad-motor blues
The Black Kat is offline  
Old 05-30-2004, 06:00 AM
  #59  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Green Bay,WI
Posts: 3,006
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

a dud isnt always a dud if you know what to do with it...ive bought PLENTY of duds and they turned out to be some of the fastest motors i threw in my car...it just needs some TLC
R/C Anonymous is offline  
Old 05-30-2004, 06:09 AM
  #60  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by R/C Anonymous
a dud isnt always a dud if you know what to do with it...ive bought PLENTY of duds and they turned out to be some of the fastest motors i threw in my car...it just needs some TLC

True very true ..

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.