R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-06-2004, 11:27 PM   #76
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Quote:
Originally posted by T-Bag-R
First of all you have a comupter obviously. Paying 470.00 usd for a car bad choice. Plenty of deals online. Got my T1 FK for under 300.00 usd.

So here we go

T1 FK - 299.00 usd
ESC - 125.00 usd
Transmiter/Reciever - 175.00 usd
Motor - 35.00 usd
Battery - 65.00 usd
Peak Charger - 175.00

Mabuchi540 pissed about about no Tires - Priceless

JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 12:03 AM   #77
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
When you order the kit, order a set of tires with it. There you go, you have everything you need. Why would you let a set of tires ruin your decision towards one car or another?
Oh Look, its Mabushi540 again, fresh from the "I narrowed it down to 4 cars" Are you going to go on and on and on and on again!!

Like AWOLsoldier says, "buy tires when you order the car", and get on with it, geeezz !!
Punkynutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 12:05 AM   #78
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Simon K
I hear ya...
Second that !!!!
Old 06-07-2004, 12:10 AM   #79
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Evoracer
Mabuchi....I can understand your feelings but the bottom line is this....You should not be looking to purchase a top of the line car if you do not have a current stock of competition level parts or tools. I say this because ANY driver that would be buying a top level car that would not come with tires would and should be an experienced driver. His or her pit box would include , at the very least, 1 set of tires used for non race testing or adjusting. For the most part, any driver using a top of the line chassis would not make adjustments by " running it up and down the driveway". We have tuning devices and pit boards that allow us to do that.
It sounds to me like you're getting in over your head. $460.00 (u.s.) is pricey even for us. I hope I don't sound arrogant but....Do yourself a favor....buy a car thats more suitable to your experience level, support level and financial level. It clearly sounds to me as if you're wanting a top of the line chassis just because of the "coolness" of it. Don't get caught in that trap or you'll soon find out how expensive your mistake can be. Good Luck.
So true !!!
Old 06-07-2004, 12:17 AM   #80
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Punkynutt
Oh Look, its Mabushi540 again, fresh from the "I narrowed it down to 4 cars" Are you going to go on and on and on and on again!!

Like AWOLsoldier says, "buy tires when you order the car", and get on with it, geeezz !!
Stop being such a wanker I'm not the one that bumped it back up from page two or three or where ever it had fallen to.
Mabuchi540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 12:22 AM   #81
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Mabuchi540
Stop being such a wanker I'm not the one that bumped it back up from page two or three or where ever it had fallen to.
hmmmm, so now you're callin' people wankers, what a shame....!!
Old 06-07-2004, 12:25 AM   #82
Tech Master

Talking Hell no

Quote:
hmmmm, so now you're callin' people wankers, what a shame....!!
just you.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:42 AM   #83
Tech Adept

Default Re: Hell no

Quote:
just you.
Well Mabuchi540, I can think of a lot of names to call you, but, unlike you, I won't resort to that level of forum-eithic. I'll leave the namecalling to you as it would appear to make you happy. Hope you can make up your mind, choose a car , with or without tires and enjoy your racing.

No look there, am I not the nicer guy between us. This is why I'm always asked all sorts of advice on the track, I might lack 12 Years experience, but my fellow racers enjoy my presence and input and racing. Can you say the same?. read through the responses here. Almost every third one criticises you, can you not get the message???

Have a wonderful day
Old 06-07-2004, 12:45 AM   #84
Tech Master

Default Too late I'm sorry you already did stoop to that level I just decided to join.....

you there ....."Oh Look, its Mabushi540 again, fresh from the "I narrowed it down to 4 cars" Are you going to go on and on and on and on again!!

Like AWOLsoldier says, "buy tires when you order the car", and get on with it, geeezz !! "

Oh and you have a nice day too ya hear.

Yeah and the message is that the other 2 thirds don't.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:54 AM   #85
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Too late I'm sorry you already did stoop to that level I just decided to join.....

Quote:
you there ....."Oh Look, its Mabushi540 again, fresh from the "I narrowed it down to 4 cars" Are you going to go on and on and on and on again!!

Like AWOLsoldier says, "buy tires when you order the car", and get on with it, geeezz !! "

You still yammering on about the tire thing?
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 12:58 AM   #86
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Too late I'm sorry you already did stoop to that level I just decided to join.....

Quote:
You still yammering on about the tire thing?
Nah dude as said further up there somewhere (or was it the other thread) I've found a kit with good tyres included I'm surprised as anyone someone bumped it back up.

The decision was made last night.

Ps: Every time I see the battery name on your avatar I'm sorry but I read it as something entirely inappropriate. lol
Old 06-07-2004, 01:05 AM   #87
Tech Adept

Default Re: Too late I'm sorry you already did stoop to that level I just decided to join.....

Quote:

"oh how you keep on missing the point"

Let me give you an example of what I needed to say to you in order to meet you at your own-level down there. Her goes, read carefully now: "its pointless to argue with stupidity, it'll just drag you down to its level and beat you with experience". Now don't take this personally ol Mabuschi540, its just an example of expression. THAT is an insult ???

You have a better day now, and erhm, don't get the XRAY, overpriced, get a Tamiya TA04 TRF, best off both worlds. And get some sleep, so that you can tackle me with a fresh mind!!
Old 06-07-2004, 01:05 AM   #88
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Too late I'm sorry you already did stoop to that level I just decided to join.....

Quote:
Nah dude as said further up there somewhere (or was it the other thread) I've found a kit with good tyres included I'm surprised as anyone someone bumped it back up.

The decision was made last night.

Ps: Every time I see the battery name on your avatar I'm sorry but I read it as something entirely inappropriate. lol
What kit did you find?
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 01:08 AM   #89
Tech Master

Default Yokomo.....

Quote:
What kit did you find?
The local agent said that if I got a CGM or a SSG it comes with a set of G2 Hotlap tyres. Now according to him they come in the kit as supplied to the NZ market (or perhaps he ment he'd include them himself) either way tyres are included.

That said I gotta figure out CGM or SSG lol? Both look identical from the pictures I've seen apart from the chassis anyway so I'll probably just toss a coin on the day.

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 06-07-2004 at 01:19 AM.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:10 AM   #90
Tech Master

Thumbs up Re: Re: Too late I'm sorry you already did stoop to that level I just decided to join.....

Quote:
"oh how you keep on missing the point"

Let me give you an example of what I needed to say to you in order to meet you at your own-level down there. Her goes, read carefully now: "its pointless to argue with stupidity, it'll just drag you down to its level and beat you with experience". Now don't take this personally ol Mabuschi540, its just an example of expression. THAT is an insult ???

You have a better day now, and erhm, don't get the XRAY, overpriced, get a Tamiya TA04 TRF, best off both worlds. And get some sleep, so that you can tackle me with a fresh mind!!
Tre witty.