R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   I don't care how good the kit is the worst sin in RC racing is. . . . (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/41512-i-dont-care-how-good-kit-worst-sin-rc-racing.html)

JusBox 06-06-2004 11:59 AM

Originally posted by Mabuchi540
Well put it this way without tyres it is not a complete kit to me and I'll not spend that sort of money on a kit with bits missing.
I think you need your head examined. Go buy a tyco and let us know how it works out.

Mabuchi540 06-06-2004 12:03 PM

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
I think you need your head examined. Go buy a tyco and let us know how it works out.
Touchy touchy. But anyway name one hi end electric off road kit that doesn't come with tyres eh. I had Yokomo, Losi, Associated back in the day and from what I've seen they still come with tyres and so it should be in on-road.

rcsabah 06-06-2004 12:05 PM

Well put it this way without tyres it is not a complete kit to me and I'll not spend that sort of money on a kit with bits missing.
first, i feel sad wit the person serving u at ur LHS sure u went back and fire them up.

the kit that u buy does not have a missing part, it doesn't include that.

some doesn't included rim or body shell what will u call that? not a kit set?

olev 06-06-2004 12:06 PM

Erm... but without body, motor, batteries, receiver and ESC it still isn't complete, so what's your point?
I certainly don't want to buy a set of junk tyres with the car. It's like buying a new 1:1 car and getting it with wooden wheels . As others have already said, kits without tyres are usually targeted to experienced racers, who usually have s**tloads of tyres laying around anyway (I know I do) or have a very personal preference about the tyres they want to run. If you're a beginner, you're not the target group of these kits. Still want one- go buy it, get the tyres separately and don't complain. It's that simple.

JayBee 06-06-2004 12:07 PM

When you order the kit, order a set of tires with it. There you go, you have everything you need. Why would you let a set of tires ruin your decision towards one car or another?
yeah i don't know if i'd let the absence of tires in one of the TOP FIVE KITS on the market deter me. if you're willing to spend $700 on a kit, $40 extra ' shouldn't ' be that big of a deal ;)

JayBee 06-06-2004 12:10 PM

Touchy touchy. But anyway name one hi end electric off road kit that doesn't come with tyres eh. I had Yokomo, Losi, Associated back in the day and from what I've seen they still come with tyres and so it should be in on-road.
GOOD POINT

Mabuchi540 06-06-2004 12:11 PM

Originally posted by olev
Erm... but without body, motor, batteries, receiver and ESC it still isn't complete, so what's your point?
I certainly don't want to buy a set of junk tyres with the car. It's like buying a new 1:1 car and getting it with wooden wheels . As others have already said, kits without tyres are usually targeted to experienced racers, who usually have s**tloads of tyres laying around anyway (I know I do) or have a very personal preference about the tyres they want to run. If you're a beginner, you're not the target group of these kits. Still want one- go buy it, get the tyres separately and don't complain. It's that simple.

It's just a deciding factor dude.

Mabuchi540 06-06-2004 12:12 PM

Originally posted by JayBee
GOOD POINT
Thanks I knew i'd get to it eventually.

JusBox 06-06-2004 12:13 PM

I don't run off road electric and those are generally cheaper than a touring kit anyway. You don't seem to realize that the high end kits are marketed towards people that are already established in the sport. They probably have 20 sets of tires and have no use for a cheap set tossed in as a convenience.

HPI and Tamiya have lower end kits you might enjoy that come with tires. You have to pay to play and if you don't like it, write a letter and i'm sure they'll get back to you. :lol:

rcguy2477 06-06-2004 12:18 PM

Most higher level cars come without a set of tires. Even if they did come with tires, they would most likely not work well on your track.

Its like this...
There is a new dvd player comming out that includes a dvd with it. This dvd is an older movie, and you've probably seen it before. They charger 110$ for this model.
They you find another model dvd player with the same features, exept it didnt come with the dvd. This one cost $100.
Now, with the extra 10$ you saved with the second one, you could get a dvd you would actually enjoy watching.

If you cant afford the extra 20$, you might as well not come into this hobby, as there will be things a lot more than 20$ that will become nessessary.

Mabuchi540 06-06-2004 12:19 PM

Again true....

I don't run off road electric and those are generally cheaper than a touring kit anyway. You don't seem to realize that the high end kits are marketed towards people that are already established in the sport. They probably have 20 sets of tires and have no use for a cheap set tossed in as a convenience.

HPI and Tamiya have lower end kits you might enjoy that come with tires. You have to pay to play and if you don't like it, write a letter and i'm sure they'll get back to you. :lol:

But then perhaps they should consider the fact that there are those that have been in a different group of racing before and do have a mountain of stuff but last time I looked I didn't carry slicks in my pitbox.

UCHEATULOSE 06-06-2004 12:19 PM

uhhhhhh what about a body? lol go by a rtr kit if you feel you must have everything in one box! or like awol said a tyco from toys r us is a good car! ahhahaahaha:ha:

Mabuchi540 06-06-2004 12:21 PM

Originally posted by rcguy2477
Most higher level cars come without a set of tires. Even if they did come with tires, they would most likely not work well on your track.

Its like this...
There is a new dvd player comming out that includes a dvd with it. This dvd is an older movie, and you've probably seen it before. They charger 110$ for this model.
They you find another model dvd player with the same features, exept it didnt come with the dvd. This one cost $100.
Now, with the extra 10$ you saved with the second one, you could get a dvd you would actually enjoy watching.

If you cant afford the extra 20$, you might as well not come into this hobby, as there will be things a lot more than 20$ that will become nessessary.

Perhaps I should have added this from the start...it's not that I can't afford it, it's a matter of principle. As someone else said the chassis should at least be able to roll once you're finished building it.

Oh as for the body I have one from back in the day when the club I belonged to raced off road cars on-road for a series and yes it is the same sort as available today.

rcsabah 06-06-2004 12:31 PM

Re: Again true....

But then perhaps they should consider the fact that there are those that have been in a different group of racing before and do have a mountain of stuff but last time I looked I didn't carry slicks in my pitbox.
if u are the owner will u produced thousand of kit to suit each group where those group are very very minority or only for u

better produce kit that suit 99% of the market that 1% like u eat your self

rcsabah 06-06-2004 12:35 PM

Perhaps I should have added this from the start...it's not that I can't afford it, it's a matter of principle. As someone else said the chassis should at least be able to roll once you're finished building it.

then u should blame the person not the kit