Team Associated TC6 Thread >

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captain stacker
I don't know why people buy associated cars anymore?

their quality is crap
I have been buying Associated cars and trucks since the late 80's. I have only had 1 defective part. It was a shock body on my SC10 that had threads that were slightly off so the aluminum cap I had would not thread on. One call and 3 days and I had a new part in my hands and a prepaid envelope for return of the defective part.

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of the 6.1
Old 12-03-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

because people have been complaining about deformed gear diffs....
and you have nothing better to do in life than cruise threads that have no relevance to you and make statements based on third party information.

Awesome
Old 12-03-2011, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I don't know why people buy associated cars anymore?

their quality is crap
Yeah, the TC6 hasn't won any races or anything

Funny how Associated is basically the whole podium every week at our track.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Comparing weights of the new associated gear diff to the spec-r I have found the following:

Associated: 22g
Spec-R: 26g

I had to add shims to center the new diffs between the bulkheads. Was this the plan from Associated's design?

Both of my diffs had one side of the case that was slightly deformed from the mold on the outer edge. But definitely flat where the 2 sides seal and no leaks!!! They went together smoothly without a bit of prep needed!! Another plus.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HVFracingwilly
Thank you Rick, there is no real difference in the results i receive. I must also restate that I did try a different topdeck with the same results I have now. I have come to the conclusion that it is the chassis that is causing the misalignment.

Thank you for your well explained answer Rick!!
My thought is that there has to be some type of fracture that is not visible in the chassis or top plate. I have no idea how you would determine that. Though I can say, I have had a couple major impacts and have seen another guy have one with the only CF damage was I broke my top plate.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The offset mounts have 2mm spacing built in so a setup with no spacers and offset mounts is like using 2mm spacers with standard mounts.

The anti-roll bars are sold in a set in which the yellow is included part number 31364. The car comes with yellow and white bars.

If you can't use Losi #57 use AE #2 pistons.
Rick,

My car came with silver and copper. Are those what folks are calling white and yellow?
Old 12-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

because people have been complaining about deformed gear diffs....
have they bothered to contact associated?

mine arrived two days ago nice and perfect.

looking forward to trying them.

ed

Last edited by Edwin Pibal; 12-03-2011 at 06:17 PM. Reason: cant spell
Old 12-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)
Default TC6 for sale

if anyone is looking for a tc 6; I have one for sale with everything needed except electronics...Yes, the battery is included....lmk if you are interested...the ad is on the sale thread..my email is [email protected]
Old 12-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The offset mounts have 2mm spacing built in so a setup with no spacers and offset mounts is like using 2mm spacers with standard mounts.
Rick quick question....
Is there a chance that Associated will release different offset mounts. say incremental changes of .5 through 3.5 mm...

now that would make that setup option to a whole new level. with minimal shimming required.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

TC6 worked superbly on outdoor asfault track with recommended suspension adjustments provided within this thread. Thanks guys! Now I have to adjust tire selection for increasing cooler weather during outdoor racing, as it greatly affects rubber tire compounds. Sorex 36R's got pretty inconsistent in 50* outdoor temps. Planning to try foams and some 28R compound tires next. Any recommendations for needed suspension/motor gearing adjustments running foams is greatly appreciated.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olhipster1
Rick quick question....
Is there a chance that Associated will release different offset mounts. say incremental changes of .5 through 3.5 mm...

now that would make that setup option to a whole new level. with minimal shimming required.
i'm going to guess this is a no...

The benefits of the current system are that all you need is one set of spare mounts and a handful of shims to get all your toe/track width adjustments. If they released the whole range in .5 mm increments that would be 7 x 32 = 224 mounts you would need to carry just to have the full range...

the new offset mounts were most likely done so because 90%+ of all the fast setups run on the standard TC6 used 2mm+ spacers on the arm mounts so having the offset automatically reduces the spacer stack by 1 2mm shim.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Chaz955i
and you have nothing better to do in life than cruise threads that have no relevance to you and make statements based on third party information.

Awesome
no relevance to me? your a dumb twat!

I currently race a tc6, I'm not at all biased towards ANY manufacturer.
Originally Posted by cwoods34
Yeah, the TC6 hasn't won any races or anything

Funny how Associated is basically the whole podium every week at our track.
Give the associated drivers an xray/HB/yokomo and I'm sure they will fill the same positions.

My reference was made towards AE's quality, and not its competitiveness!!

but you get what you pay for........AE is not the same anymore.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Cool Quality? How about a 6hr Enduro to answer that question?

So is the TC6 a quality car?
Lets test it, with a 6hr enduro!!!

The test
We have just run a six hour endurance race down here in Aus in the capital city of Canberra (yes the capital is not Sydney) the rules stated that we use the Reedy Sonic 21.5 motor and blinky speedie setup. We also were to run Sweep OG40 tyres that were used at the Austrlian FEMCA round. The idea was to run one set of tyres only and to have a 70 lap penalty applied if you changed to a new set.

The Car
I entered my secondary TC6 that has the basic kit setup on it. Though it runs a slightly higher roll cntre with 3 dot all round. A gear diff in the rear with 1000cst and thats it.

The Team
The team that we had basically came together at the 11th hour. We had to have minimum of four drivers. So we ended up with me, another local sponsored driver (not associated though) a 2wd off road racer, and tow other gents who only get out to race rc when the leash is let off a bit looser. So to sum it up 2 good, 2 rusty and 1, well we can't blame him for racing 2wd off road.....

The start
So it was the draw of the hat for the race order (would be nice for a nationals....) and we managed to get, last, but for 6hrs there is plenty of track ahead of us. The buzzer sounded and we went into the first corner and came out, second, which we can't complain about. So it was off to a flier and then hunker down.

The race
As you can imagine, nothing much to report, everyone was able to circulate we found ourselves back into 5th position after a bungled pit stop, once we had learnt our lesson though we made our way back up the feild into second and were pacing the leaders. It then became a race of pit stops, tyres and who would make the first move. On lap 773 It was time to change tyres, the car was getting a hand full though it was only circulating 2 seconds slower a lap. With the quickest lap time set being a 17.2, a quick trye change, battery and driver change in 85 seconds the team did well with only an extra 10 seconds ontop of the team coming seconds normal battery/driver change time.
The great thing about 21.5 blinky is the close racing with the quickest laptimes all within 0.4 seconds of each other. Many battles were fought, some won some lost.
On lap 569 the team running second had a motor issu with the motor screws coming loose and the motor moving forward this lost them about 3 mins whilst they fixed their issue out. This is all it takes to be fighting for the lead to slipping back into the rest of the pack, especially in an enduro, I always had the back of my mind that we could be in the same boat, all it would take is a loose screw, or hitting the boards, the pressure was still on. Consistency was the key.
The car was flawless, no breakages and quick sprints back to the pits were required.

The Final few laps
We had been getting close to 30 mins on a single run with the Orion 6500 90c batteries and they were still reading 7.3 when we pulled them out of the car, the Reedy motor combined with my LRP SXX V2 Stock Spec were flawless with no sign of fading. We pulled the car in and did a final battery swap, 45 seconds was all it took for the swap but with a ten lap lead over second place there was no need to rush. 18.2/.5 seconds seemed to be average time to circulate at to ensure the victory so I brought it home smoothly.

1089 laps,11 battery and driver changes later (longest stint was 1hr), including 2 victory laps and we had made it. The team were tired but releaved. Whilst there was a ten lap margin between ourselves and second place that only leaves three minutes margin, so anything could have gone wrong.

The damage
After the acceptance speeches and the hi-fives were over it was time to make my way home. When I got home the first thing I checked out was the car, the body had been on all day so I was intrigued to see what was underneath. The unveiling of the chassis revealed a few things.

2 front CVA bone blades were missing
1 front inner bearing had collapsed

Thats it.

Nothing. 6hrs, 1089 laps and arguably $4 worth of parts.

As for the Reedy motor, 6hrs consistant running with a fd of 4.02 only taking a break to get more juice, the motor temped at 61 deg c.

So Quality of the TC6? I will let you answer that yourself.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:49 AM
Tech Master

your a dumb twat!
Sure you didn't mean "you're" genious?
Old 12-05-2011, 04:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

oh no, I have been hit back by an AE fan boy......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.