Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 12:49 PM
Tech Addict

If you have built the car correctly then your rh should be able to be adjust easily on my 6.1 I put my atock springs on had to.turn them down 1/3 the way in the rear and about 1/8 the way in the front
Old 02-17-2014, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong
how about posting a pic, should be easier for folks to see what you're doing with the setup.

Are you going pro-squat instead of anti-squat on the rear?
I just have the stock kit from Team Associates, which, I believe, does not include either pro or anti.

I will try to post a pic, but the last time I did I was unsuccessful because I didn't have the minimum required posts.

Thanks for you continued help.

JB
Old 02-17-2014, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Can someone tell me what offset wheels are used with a 190mm body and what is used if I want to run a 200mm body?
Old 02-17-2014, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by boylrmakr
I just have the stock kit from Team Associates, which, I believe, does not include either pro or anti.

I will try to post a pic, but the last time I did I was unsuccessful because I didn't have the minimum required posts.

JB

Check out this build thread here:
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/asso...yPhalen_Build/

Take note on step 49... there are different arm mounts with different dot height markers... this will allow you to adjust pro/anti-squat... if you're using dots that bump up the height of the rear arms too high, this might effect your ability to control your ride height possibly, perhaps you can swap out the arm mounts?

Any chance you happened to swap the front rear shock towers by mistake?
Old 02-17-2014, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bigbeej
Can someone tell me what offset wheels are used with a 190mm body and what is used if I want to run a 200mm body?
I've always had the best luck with 0mm offset for 190mm bodies

Most prefer 3mm offsets with 200mm bodies, but I kinda like the look with 6mm offset wheels to better fill in the space... it's a matter of preference and how much traction you're willing to give up with a wider track width, of course not all 200mm bodies are the same either... I'm currently running a 200mm body with 0mm offsets and it doesn't look too bad

Old 02-17-2014, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boylrmakr

JB
bring that thing to the community center on sat we will get it figured out. wait, your in the seattle area right? i thought you said you were.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:52 PM
Tech Adept

Check out this build thread here:
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/asso...yPhalen_Build/

Take note on step 49... there are different arm mounts with different dot height markers... this will allow you to adjust pro/anti-squat... if you're using dots that bump up the height of the rear arms too high, this might effect your ability to control your ride height possibly, perhaps you can swap out the arm mounts?

Any chance you happened to swap the front rear shock towers by mistake?
I've used the recommended "0 dot" arm mounts for this and the build is correct for the rear arms. According to the chart, this "recommended" "0 dot" setup equates to a flat standard roll center. Yes and good question regarding the front and rear shock towers. I checked and double-checked that they are installed in their correct locations.

If I disconnect the shocks, then the wheels can travel downward far enough to give the 5mm ride height and more. I've checked the shock builds and your recommended 62mm length, so they must be correct. I'm perplexed.

Any other suggestions. I've put 2 pics in my album, but I don't know if you can view them or not.

Thanks,

JB
Old 02-17-2014, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dragonracing
bring that thing to the community center on sat we will get it figured out. wait, your in the seattle area right? i thought you said you were.
Yes, I'm in the Seattle area and I plan to be at the CC Saturday. I'll bring it along for you guys to check out.

Thx,

JB
Old 02-17-2014, 03:16 PM
Tech Champion

try backing out the threaded ball ends on the shocks a few turns, it's possible that they may be over tightened?

Or any chance that the wrong ball ends may be installed in the shocks?
Old 02-17-2014, 04:05 PM
Tech Adept

try backing out the threaded ball ends on the shocks a few turns, it's possible that they may be over tightened?

Or any chance that the wrong ball ends may be installed in the shocks?
That will work, but I'd have to back them out about 1/8" which is about 1/2 of the threads on the shock shaft. That seems like it will weaken the support on the shocks.

There is only 1 type of ball end in the kit, so I don't think they are the wrong ones.

Thanks,

JB
Old 02-17-2014, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

ok, please add a pic of your gauge and where your measuring from. it appears that you might be trying to measure with a droop gauge. show me your gauge please. just add a pic in your gallery.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

ok, please add a pic of your gauge and where your measuring from. it appears that you might be trying to measure with a droop gauge. show me your gauge please. just add a pic in your gallery.
Ok it's in there. It's the Integy combo RH/Droop guage. I'm using the steps on the right. Can only get 2mm height with shocks fully extended. The front RH adjusts just fine.

Thx

JB
Old 02-17-2014, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

thats the droop gauge portion of the gauge. you want to use the steps to the left. lay the gauge down and use the thin steps for ride height. to use the droop gauge the side of the ride height portion goes against the bottom of the chassis and measuered at the bottom of the hing pins. so in the pic knock that thing over and use it that way. ok good? understand?
Old 02-17-2014, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

when you come to the CC hit me up and ill show you how to use it. just look for the red ferraris. F1 and my GT car are ferraris.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:20 PM
Tech Adept

when you come to the CC hit me up and ill show you how to use it. just look for the red ferraris. F1 and my GT car are ferraris.
Thanks for the insight (feeling pretty lame) Now I have another problem with the height being too high and I have the shocks fully backed off, so any more advice is welcome.

I'll certainly drop by and look at your rigs.

Thanks again,

JB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.