Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by teknorookie
So this is what my final looks like. Appreciate any comments before I put it on the track.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/...rvo-mount.html

On a side note, my Only concern is that the belt seems to rub against the mount. Any ideas on a fix/correction?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/...rvo-mount.html
swap the spool shims to the left see if that works
Old 02-09-2014, 09:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoDog
Looks good! That one is one of the very first mounts I made. Although the belt touches the block, there is no tension on it so I found that it caused no problems. Keep in mind that the way you have the turnbuckle attached, there is no longer a servo saver function because you are attached directly to the steering crank. You may want to install a servo saver on the servo. I made replacement saver cams but it may be awhile till I can have more made.
The latest mounts have more offset to give the belt more clearance and the top plate is smaller with a bump to act as a battery stay.

Thanks! Can't wait to try another one from your next batch.

Last edited by teknorookie; 02-09-2014 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Description
Old 02-09-2014, 09:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc car guy
swap the spool shims to the left see if that works

Will do. Thanks.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robertsmalibu
Can anyone give me a good starting setup for 25.5 vta. My friend just bought a tc6 and this is his first time racing one. Thanks for the help.
I've always used the box stock setup for my VTA TC6 and TC6.1 and adjust from there. If you are on carpet a bit stiffer springs and oil can help but on asphalt lighter may be better. Then adjust little things from there, like camber, toe, etc. I found that a gear diff up front helped me roll corners better. Make sure the drive train is free and smooth. For bodies I have used and liked both the HPI 70 Boss Mustang and the Mcallister Firebird.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Building a 6.1 worlds kit (total newb). Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but there are 12 pistons included for the shocks and they are stamped with 1,2 and 3 in groups of 4. Now, in the instructions, it has a "#2" in the build directions, but doesn't say anything specific.

Wondering if I should use the set of 4 #2s for the shocks or the 1s or 3s or is there any difference in the pistons at all. And what a the extras for?

Thanks for your help.

JB
Old 02-13-2014, 07:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by boylrmakr
Building a 6.1 worlds kit (total newb). Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but there are 12 pistons included for the shocks and they are stamped with 1,2 and 3 in groups of 4. Now, in the instructions, it has a "#2" in the build directions, but doesn't say anything specific.

Wondering if I should use the set of 4 #2s for the shocks or the 1s or 3s or is there any difference in the pistons at all. And what a the extras for?

Thanks for your help.

JB
Use the number two that's what it calls for the larger the number the larger the hole you can measure them with calipers the extras are for tuning
Old 02-13-2014, 07:12 PM
Tech Adept

Smile

Thanks for the clarification Car Guy
Old 02-15-2014, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Can you guys help me out on a good place to start with a D3 13.5T motor for gearing on a tc6.1 with gear diffs front and rear? Running asphalt.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:32 PM
Tech Adept

Default Problem with tc6.1 worlds ride height

Hi guys,

I have the above car (just built) and I cannot adjust the rear ride height high enough (to 5mm) If I remove the shocks, then there is plenty of ride height.

I have the shocks mounted in the lowest hole of the shock tower and it's still not good enough. In fact, it looks like I need another 1/8 of an inch. The front ride height is adjusted to 5mm and works fine, just can't figure out the rear issue.

I could unscrew the eyelet that screws to the bottom of the shock shaft and probably get the needed height, but 1/8" of threads is a lot.

Any ideas.

Thanks,

JB
Old 02-17-2014, 02:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Not easy to spot the problem right away...
Did you build it like the manual recommends or did you use other parts?
Is your shock length around 62mm all around? Maybe there is false manufactured rod?
Old 02-17-2014, 05:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by boylrmakr
Hi guys,

I have the above car (just built) and I cannot adjust the rear ride height high enough (to 5mm) If I remove the shocks, then there is plenty of ride height.

I have the shocks mounted in the lowest hole of the shock tower and it's still not good enough. In fact, it looks like I need another 1/8 of an inch. The front ride height is adjusted to 5mm and works fine, just can't figure out the rear issue.

I could unscrew the eyelet that screws to the bottom of the shock shaft and probably get the needed height, but 1/8" of threads is a lot.

Any ideas.

Thanks,

JB
Another problem could be your springs are your running he stock ones? I also suggest making sure you do what the guy above posted
Old 02-17-2014, 11:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wtcc
Not easy to spot the problem right away...
Did you build it like the manual recommends or did you use other parts?
Is your shock length around 62mm all around? Maybe there is false manufactured rod?
Yes, the shocks are built the way that the kit manual recommends. All the shocks are around the 62mm and the rods were all the same length when I put them together. The shocks and springs are stock with the kit and look normal to me. What seems strange is that I can get the ride height correct on the front, but not the back. I could reverse the shock tower and that would give a lower hole, but then the spur gear would hit the tower. Baffled here.

Thanks for your help.

JB
Old 02-17-2014, 11:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

did you try backing out the droop screws?
Old 02-17-2014, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by billdelong
did you try backing out the droop screws?
Yes, the droop screws are fully backed out and not a factor.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

how about posting a pic, should be easier for folks to see what you're doing with the setup.

Are you going pro-squat instead of anti-squat on the rear?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.