Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 12:45 PM
Tech Addict

read the last two pages...
Old 01-06-2014, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lee111m
I did raise it. the belt seems to be decently tight. Haven't had an onroad belt drive so I'll probably have the guys at the track give it a once over next time I go. Thanks for the help guys.
I took a closer look and if the front belt is too tight, it will rub on the top deck especially if the diff is low in the bulkheads.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by flag72
well I got my TC 6.1 car and its in great shape ( bought use).this will serve as a VTA racer how well will the front Spool work in VTA.or should I look for a front DIFF...
thanks
Danny
Hi Danny, you should have both on hand for different setup choices. Either will work fine but the diff will turn better and smoother in lower power setups. The spool will give better on power grip and feel for higher power motors.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

thanks YoDog
Old 01-12-2014, 10:53 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

got some tc6 parts for sale
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post12898559
Old 01-16-2014, 03:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Thumbs up Yokomo dif in TC6

Hi guys,
I got a second hand car a while back in got a number of yokomo diffs with it.
I went to install one the other day and I found the hole in the out drive is smaller then the std associated one 6.15 not 6.35 (1/4). The ball on the end of the axle binds up. My question is ?
Is this a typical problem with these diffs. Or are there different out drive cups from yokomo.
What do you guys do to fix it?
I was just going to drill them out to 1/4. But the hard anodizing will be removed..
I do have a few associated diffs so I rebuilt one of them for now.

Steve
Old 01-16-2014, 04:10 PM
Tech Addict

are you talking about the out drive where the cva goes into the diff? the only screw that is on the outside of the SPOOL is the one it attaches to the spool out drive with the spool itself, slightly confused at what you asked with the terminology you described it with
Old 01-16-2014, 06:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rc car guy
are you talking about the out drive where the cva goes into the diff? the only screw that is on the outside of the SPOOL is the one it attaches to the spool out drive with the spool itself, slightly confused at what you asked with the terminology you described it with
yes to the first question.
Screw?

Im talkin about a rear diff.
Yokomo Brand.
axle to Diff interface.
Axle binds in drive cup.
ID of drive cup is smaller them Standard TA style.
Simple fix drill out cup from 6.15MM to 6.35mm (or 1/4")
I just wondered if this was typical?
or do Yokomo make other drive cups for a TC6?

I will just drill them out but it will remove the coating.

Steve H
Old 01-16-2014, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by shanwright
yes to the first question.
Screw?

Im talkin about a rear diff.
Yokomo Brand.
axle to Diff interface.
Axle binds in drive cup.
ID of drive cup is smaller them Standard TA style.
Simple fix drill out cup from 6.15MM to 6.35mm (or 1/4")
I just wondered if this was typical?
or do Yokomo make other drive cups for a TC6?

I will just drill them out but it will remove the coating.

Steve H
I belivw that the yokomo brand doesnt use the the cva bones so maybe try without it ?
Old 01-16-2014, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by shanwright
Hi guys,
I got a second hand car a while back in got a number of yokomo diffs with it.
I went to install one the other day and I found the hole in the out drive is smaller then the std associated one 6.15 not 6.35 (1/4). The ball on the end of the axle binds up. My question is ?
Is this a typical problem with these diffs. Or are there different out drive cups from yokomo.
What do you guys do to fix it?
I was just going to drill them out to 1/4. But the hard anodizing will be removed..
I do have a few associated diffs so I rebuilt one of them for now.

Steve

This is the same problem we had with the original spec-R gear diff out drives. While machining or drilling them will remove the anodizing, the universals use a plastic blade where contact is made so wear will be minimal. If you have the Associated gear diff, just use them instead.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up All sorted thanks

Originally Posted by YoDog
This is the same problem we had with the original spec-R gear diff out drives. While machining or drilling them will remove the anodizing, the universals use a plastic blade where contact is made so wear will be minimal. If you have the Associated gear diff, just use them instead.
Yes you right the inside is not a wear surface, I just tried drilling one out and it works fine very simple fix. I was thinking I would need to strip the diff and put them up in the lath but. Drill press worked fine, only need a small skim cut. I polished them with some 800 grit in the dremel flapper and look like bought one.
I've got 6 brand new ones with all different weight oils in them and only two Associated so I thought I would get them sorted so I could use them. Anyway all good now.

Thanks guys
Old 01-16-2014, 11:05 PM
jpx
Tech Adept

Yes you right the inside is not a wear surface, I just tried drilling one out and it works fine very simple fix. I was thinking I would need to strip the diff and put them up in the lath but. Drill press worked fine, only need a small skim cut. I polished them with some 800 grit in the dremel flapper and look like bought one.
I've got 6 brand new ones with all different weight oils in them and only two Associated so I thought I would get them sorted so I could use them. Anyway all good now.
Drilling like you did is what I heard people did before the AE-diff was available. So it should work fine an wear will not be a problem due to drilling.

Jan-Peter
Old 01-18-2014, 07:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

Does anyone have the part numbers to convert my Tc6.1 to worlds car. Also does anyone have these parts for sale along with world's main chassis
Old 01-18-2014, 08:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by racer034life
Does anyone have the part numbers to convert my Tc6.1 to worlds car. Also does anyone have these parts for sale along with world's main chassis
Its the shock towers and bearing caps along with the chassis thats all ae has this info under 6.1
Old 01-18-2014, 09:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

Yes i remember seeing the post on here. But i havent been able to find the post where someone had posted the part numbers for everything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.