Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoDog
Hi guys, I've been really busy with work and life in general so I have had a bit of a break from making parts.
Here is a sneak peek at my new 1 piece motor mount for the TC6.1 chassis. It will be lighter and more rigid than the stock setup. it has clearance for can motors and more front to rear adjustment for a wider gearing range.
As soon as the prototype is complete and tested, I will post a ballpark cost for those who are interested.
I definitly like your idea even though I will never use can motors.
Two things I recognized on the design are:

A) The form that connects the motor mount and the chassis. It looks like the form AE has on its boxpart. I always hate it when I put my electronic in the car because the esc has the potential to go farther to the center of the chassis, but this part will not allow it. Now with your one part idea this area could be flatter (the red lines are just drawn fast, the form needs a perfection ).

B) Is the countersink for the spur shaft screw neccessary? Otherwise it could save a little money in the production process

These were my first thoughts on your awesome idea. Will it come in AE blue?
Old 06-11-2013, 06:16 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys, I've been really busy with work and life in general so I have had a bit of a break from making parts.
Here is a sneak peek at my new 1 piece motor mount for the TC6.1 chassis. It will be lighter and more rigid than the stock setup. it has clearance for can motors and more front to rear adjustment for a wider gearing range.
As soon as the prototype is complete and tested, I will post a ballpark cost for those who are interested.

Yodog, the new motor mount looks good, two things that may be worth a look is the topdeck screw hole reduce that by 1mm then and a 1mm washer if you want to use that topdeck hole to stiffen it up, and also may be worth looking and making a battery side spur holder to mimic the motor mout side, this would fall inline with the Raceberry tamiya and bd7 setup, may offer more tuning options.

Keep up the good work
Old 06-11-2013, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Thanks for the input guys. Adding the counter bore was just a nice added feature and will slightly reduce weight. The addition of this bore is negligible as far as cost is concerned since a machining process is already taking place on that side of the mount with the same cutter. I will examine the front area of the mount for more clearance as I hadn't been concerned that this was an issue till you expressed it. Since I use the floating servo mount, I have plenty of room on the motor side of the chassis. Besides, it couldn't hurt to remove more material for weight savings.
I do plan to have a right side spur brace that reflects the motor mount side, I just need to finish the model. I like the idea of adding the shim as opposed to having the bracket touch the top plate. Nice idea!
I'll post some new renderings as soon as I get the updates added.
I plan to have these anodized blue, the same as my other parts.

Thanks again... let's keep the ideas coming as these parts are for us, the TC6.x generation.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

With all the hop ups from Yo Dog and RSD, I cant help but wonder what the next AE car looks like
Old 06-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JustWill75
With all the hop ups from Yo Dog and RSD, I cant help but wonder what the next AE car looks like
I got to see what Bob has been working on as the AE team was testing some new goodies at RROC. I think Thunder Tiger has the final say on what the next version will include though.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Here's a new rendering with the suggested features...
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6 Thread-one-piece-motor-mount-tc6x-motor-right-spur-mount-chassis.jpg  
Old 06-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

When can I give you money for that?
Old 06-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by patorz31
When can I give you money for that?
Once initial testing has been completed and I have a better idea of how much material and machine time it will take to fabricate, I will then accept pre-orders just as I did with the servo mount before.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Tech Adept

Rick,

You wrote "1mm bumpsteer" but with silver or black ballstud ?

Thanks.
Sébastien
Old 06-12-2013, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by S_fender
Rick,

You wrote "1mm bumpsteer" but with silver or black ballstud ?

Thanks.
Sébastien
silver
Old 06-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Rick, I have a team Asso. TC 5 with a novak 17.5 brushless motor and I'm trying to find some speed. Can you recommend a spur and pinion gear set combo for me to start and end with?
Old 06-12-2013, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Once initial testing has been completed and I have a better idea of how much material and machine time it will take to fabricate, I will then accept pre-orders just as I did with the servo mount before.
Pm me when you have a price I will gladly send you some money for that. That and the servo mount is a equal for the raceberry I bet. Now if someone would do a soft weave chassis it would be perfect.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Tech Adept

Can anybody answer the spur gear and pinion question for a TC5 with a novak 17.5 yellow rim end bell brushless motor combo to get some speed? Help!
Old 06-12-2013, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I would start with 92 spur and 50 pinion. That will put you at 3.68 final drive ratio. Depending on your track size, you may have to go up or down one pinion.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by trigger
I would start with 92 spur and 50 pinion. That will put you at 3.68 final drive ratio. Depending on your track size, you may have to go up or down one pinion.
thank you for your input.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.