Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kewdawg
I was online, recently, and saw this belt tensioner, that, is installed on the lower chassis and looks like it doubles as a center battery stop. Just can't remember where I saw it or who makes it. Any help guys???
Reflex racing.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey
Reflex racing.
Thanks.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Terra Rover
Ok guys, I need your help. I am getting a TC6.1 Worlds Car very soon. I will be running in the 17.5t blinky class at out local club. The track is approx 60x60 ozite with med to high grip. My question is, What body do you guys recommend? I am torn between the Protoform MazdaSpeed 6 and the LTC-R. My tires will be Sweeps, most likely the EXP EVO 30's. This is my first time running TC rubber tire.
Thanks for your help.
I run 17.5t blinky class in the LRP-HPI-Challenge and tried a lot of bodies. In the end one Mazda outperformed all other shells. It is the HPI 66813LW - EU Moore-Speed Mazda 6 MPS (190mm) - Lightweight. Even outdoor this body will be around one tenth faster as the LTC-R without beeing aggressive or loose. So I can highly recommend this body for the TC6.1WC. One body which is on the same level without a lightweight version is the 61733 - SUBARU IMPREZA TYPE C KAROSSERIE (190MM).
Old 01-02-2013, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I just ordered my new worlds kit and have a question..

Is everyone starting out with the kit set up? Or using one of then numerous team set ups?

I would rather build the kit with a better set up if the stock setup doesn't work very well.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

I built the car with a Team Setup first and wasn't happy with that. The kit setup is ok, but was on my track some tenth to slow and didn't fit my driving style. Nevertheless it is a good starting point if you come from a different car.

On the other hand, if you find a setup from a teamdriver that he used for a track which resembles yours... Why not trust him and do minor changes until you are happy.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wtcc
I built the car with a Team Setup first and wasn't happy with that. The kit setup is ok, but was on my track some tenth to slow and didn't fit my driving style. Nevertheless it is a good starting point if you come from a different car.

On the other hand, if you find a setup from a teamdriver that he used for a track which resembles yours... Why not trust him and do minor changes until you are happy.

I don't think I would be happy with kit set up as my old TC6.1 was far from kit. I guess I thought maybe the kit setup was better for the worlds car. I have Kevin's set up from the carpet nationals last year at my track, so I will probably start there.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Terra Rover
Ok guys, I need your help. I am getting a TC6.1 Worlds Car very soon. I will be running in the 17.5t blinky class at out local club. The track is approx 60x60 ozite with med to high grip. My question is, What body do you guys recommend? I am torn between the Protoform MazdaSpeed 6 and the LTC-R. My tires will be Sweeps, most likely the EXP EVO 30's. This is my first time running TC rubber tire.
I currently run a TC6.1 FT in VTA and love the car. There are way too many pages to read through and yes I have used the search button on RC Tech it self about the differences between the TC bodies.
Thanks for your help.
same as wtcc, I run the Mazda on carpet 90% of the time. It's probably your best bet. For me it's the Protoform Mazdaspeed 6. I run the standard weight for practice and club racing and put the lightweight on for events.
The Protoform P37R is a very good option to have on hand if the Mazda is too agressive. You can throw the car around more without it getting out of shape.
The LTC-R is excellent on asphalt and on tight twisty carpet tracks.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default Base Setup

Originally Posted by Damon_English
I don't think I would be happy with kit set up as my old TC6.1 was far from kit. I guess I thought maybe the kit setup was better for the worlds car. I have Kevin's set up from the carpet nationals last year at my track, so I will probably start there.
Damon,

We run on a smaller indoor track med traction and have had several drivers starting with Mike Haynes IIC Vegas 17.5 setup. The changes are making from that setup are silver (Kit) springs front and rear, Stand shocks up 1 hole all the way around, maybe two if you like the car to be more responsive. This has been a great starting point and seems to be much better on the the rug.

FYI... Thanks for the 12R5.2...
Old 01-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

I must confess that my frustrations with this car have no end, so in my desperation (that is, before I finally do what I've wanted to do since October and take my electronics out o the chassis it and run it over with my truck a few times and proudly display its crushed corpse on the wall of my hobby room) I am asking somebody to please forward me a good setup that they like for medium-low traction and I will put it on the car screw for screw. If it helps i will record the movements of the stripped chassis with my webcam if needed so I can prove the car moves right.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Default New to TC6.1!

Hi guys,

I've just bought my self a second hand TC6.1 as a car to return to the hobby after a few years off. I've got a few questions regarding to bits that I need for tuning/ setup etc and was wondering if anyone could give me some guidance!!

I'm racing in the UK so mainly relatively low traction carpet and outdoor tarmac..

- I've never run a car with a gear diff (only ever run ball diff!), I understand that you change the oils to get different diff resistance, just wondering what range of oils are required for say carpet and tarmac?

- Ditto with shock oil, I was going to get 30, 35 and 40 wt oils to begin with - is this a good range?

- And finally for now (I think!) what springs generally get run?

Apologies for the questions but figure you guys will probably know!

Thanks
Dan
Old 01-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DesertRat
I must confess that my frustrations with this car have no end, so in my desperation (that is, before I finally do what I've wanted to do since October and take my electronics out o the chassis it and run it over with my truck a few times and proudly display its crushed corpse on the wall of my hobby room) I am asking somebody to please forward me a good setup that they like for medium-low traction and I will put it on the car screw for screw. If it helps i will record the movements of the stripped chassis with my webcam if needed so I can prove the car moves right.
Try this one. A lot of steering, very agile and onpower steering, but not loose. You can easily change the balance with the sway bars alone:
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/asso...enden20121007/

The TC6.1 loves a diff in front under low-medium grip conditions.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Best setup I've found for for low traction asphalt is Andrew Abbotts here:

http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...enats_2011.pdf
Old 01-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JFuel11
Damon,

We run on a smaller indoor track med traction and have had several drivers starting with Mike Haynes IIC Vegas 17.5 setup. The changes are making from that setup are silver (Kit) springs front and rear, Stand shocks up 1 hole all the way around, maybe two if you like the car to be more responsive. This has been a great starting point and seems to be much better on the the rug.

FYI... Thanks for the 12R5.2...

Thank you for your response! I suppose I will give tha a try first. When I get home I will be able to look at the differences between each of the set ups. I like a slightly loose rear end, with a lot of steering.
I plan on racing Saturday so I wanted to get the best set up I can right from the build.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Crashmaster
Hi guys,
- I've never run a car with a gear diff (only ever run ball diff!), I understand that you change the oils to get different diff resistance, just wondering what range of oils are required for say carpet and tarmac?
If a ball/gear diff in front is slower, a spool will be the better solution in front. That is why I only have the thin oils, ranging from 1000cst, 3000cst, 5000cst & 10000cst. 1000cst in the rear geardiff will feel like an Asso balldiff in standard setting. You can also use your shock oils. Don't use the 10000cst for the rear axle!

- Ditto with shock oil, I was going to get 30, 35 and 40 wt oils to begin with - is this a good range?
I would take the 30wt out and add instead 45wt, 50wt and 55wt.

- And finally for now (I think!) what springs generally get run?
I use the whole line of ReflexRacing springs which are made for the TC6. There mostly the springs between 13.5 - 15.5. For the beginning you can use the Asso springs, take green, silver and blue. With these you can adapt the car good on all tracks.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I was on same boat. I dont believe in ft driver set ups as they are by far always smoother and well prepared than the local tracks. I mounted my arms, removed my sway bars, went to 45 shock oils, and I mounted my diffs with the low camber. My diffs are as low as the chassis not sure which cam gears were. That made a huge difference for me. Im not an expert or a pro and maybe some of the crap I did makes no sense but it worked. with the sway bars the car would lean and all sudden snap and spin out. My track is a low low low traction with no traction compound sprayed, very rough and cracked. Usually track temps are in the 40-60ish on a sunny day if that.

I switched from slicks to hpi x-patterns and im chirping the tires during the turns or traction rolling at times. I too gave up on the car for 2 months and after that little break I got back in it

Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.