Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tr1kstanc3
You will need 5x10x4mm bearings (qty. 4) and the TC6.1 crush axle tubes. The ones you have now won't fit properly as they are too wide. Other than that everything is a direct fit, no modding needed.
Originally Posted by f1o7x9
you also need new axles the ones from the tc6.1 are wider. the tc6 axles are smaller
Thanks guys.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wtcc
His name is Kevin. Username Verndog:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/verndog-46577.html

I love them, too Makes the setup easier...
Thank you wtcc I've been getting quite a few requests lately and am pretty slammed at work and trying to weasel in some machine time to make another run. Sorry for the delay guys...I'll get them out one way or another.

Has anyone run these on the new 6.1? Reason I ask is I've been out of the loop for a bit and am not sure if they're 100% interchangeable yet...and it will influence how many I run also.

As to the question "why do you need them...minimal movement with..." because there in ZERO movement and full adjustability...other then that you don't.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
Thank you wtcc I've been getting quite a few requests lately and am pretty slammed at work and trying to weasel in some machine time to make another run. Sorry for the delay guys...I'll get them out one way or another.

Has anyone run these on the new 6.1? Reason I ask is I've been out of the loop for a bit and am not sure if they're 100% interchangeable yet...and it will influence how many I run also.

As to the question "why do you need them...minimal movement with..." because there in ZERO movement and full adjustability...other then that you don't.
Hey Vern place me on the buy list!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
Hey Vern place me on the buy list!
Will do but you can check for updates here on Sundays.

http://www.ppdbillet.com/dial-a-grip.htm
Old 03-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Will do but you can check for updates here on Sundays.

http://www.ppdbillet.com/dial-a-grip.htm
I think my car has these, do the tc6's come with aluminum ones like the ones you make? I bought this used but they look just like yours...
Old 03-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There really isnt a fault with the stock part. I've been running the TC6 and 6.1 since they were released to the team and i havent had any issues. If my arms did move, it was becuase I hit something - hard. I like the "tinker" factor though, all part of the great hobby.

Mike
Old 03-29-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

I think my car has these, do the tc6's come with aluminum ones like the ones you make? I bought this used but they look just like yours...
As far as I know nobody has copied them yet (unlike other products I've built) so they're ours. Part of the trade off is they are very reasonably priced, but I have to wait 'till available open spindle time to run for low shop rates and keep costs down. Don't worry, you wont break them.

If you need instructions for adjustment info see the link I posted and there are links at top of webpage.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

As far as I know nobody has copied them yet (unlike other products I've built) so they're ours. Part of the trade off is they are very reasonably priced, but I have to wait 'till available open spindle time to run for low shop rates and keep costs down. Don't worry, you wont break them.

If you need instructions for adjustment info see the link I posted and there are links at top of webpage.
I must admit I'm new to on road and have contacted the wall several times hard and nothing.....i actually broke the castor block...lol GREAT PRODUCT!!!

Sweet product, must buy!!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Questions?? Picking a good 17.5T.

Hey guys, I'm currently running this motor: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ess-Motor-175T.

Other than adjustable timing can one 17.5T motor be faster than another?
Why is this one so cheap compared to other stock 17.5T motors without adjustable timing?

I run this motor and feel its alittle slow compared to alot of guys I race with, even with boost set to max on my RSpro.

I'm running a FDR of 4.93 and getting temps around 140F after 5 min runs.
Using a turnigy 2s battery 5000mah at 30-40C.

Any suggestions on a quality 17.5T motor...with timing?
I know driving has most to do with lap times, but I'm interested in knowing how to judge a good 17.5T motor, for mod racing of course.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I am converting my TC6 rear suspension to the TC6.1 setup. Are the dogbones the same or do I need to get the newer ones that were released? I already have the newer rear axles.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Yes they are definitely from PPD!!!

Like I said earlier, I purchased them after coming off the carpet track and my arms were loose. I had several guys take a look at the car and they drove it with the same result. What sold me to the Dial-A-Grips was after I drove the car at half throttle for a few minutes and the came off loose. I packed up and went home and immediately ordered the Dial-A-Grips!!
Old 03-30-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by burgboyz
Yes they are definitely from PPD!!!

Like I said earlier, I purchased them after coming off the carpet track and my arms were loose. I had several guys take a look at the car and they drove it with the same result. What sold me to the Dial-A-Grips was after I drove the car at half throttle for a few minutes and the came off loose. I packed up and went home and immediately ordered the Dial-A-Grips!!
SWEET.....Buying from good people always pays off!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 08:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The part number for the arm mount set is the same between the TC6 and TC6.1. I will keep checking your site and order and a set when they are available.

Henry
Old 03-30-2012, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChampRC
Hey guys, I'm currently running this motor: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ess-Motor-175T.

Other than adjustable timing can one 17.5T motor be faster than another?
Why is this one so cheap compared to other stock 17.5T motors without adjustable timing?

I run this motor and feel its alittle slow compared to alot of guys I race with, even with boost set to max on my RSpro.

I'm running a FDR of 4.93 and getting temps around 140F after 5 min runs.
Using a turnigy 2s battery 5000mah at 30-40C.

Any suggestions on a quality 17.5T motor...with timing?
I know driving has most to do with lap times, but I'm interested in knowing how to judge a good 17.5T motor, for mod racing of course.
My favorite is the Duo 3 with a Tekin RS. If you can, get a hi-torque rotor for it.

The "Ultra Sportsman" are...... well.... they move the car
Old 03-30-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tr1kstanc3
I am converting my TC6 rear suspension to the TC6.1 setup. Are the dogbones the same or do I need to get the newer ones that were released? I already have the newer rear axles.
You can use the same dogbones. The new ones are slightly shorter, but the old ones still fit no problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.