Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Forgetful_Duck
Also what the hell is with the springs? Isn't it meant to include 2 silver and TWO GREEN? I got 4 silver like some others have mentioned here. The manually certainly stipulates 2 green and 2 silver.
The kit setup for the TC6.1 is actually a silver/silver setup (look in the back of your manual) so the parts are correct the build portion of the manual needs an update...
Old 01-06-2012, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Part way through my build, I've come across a deal breaker problem.

One of my 4 Outter Hinge Pins is too fat!

I measured the diameter of all 4 hinge pins, 3 are 2.5mm and ONE is 2.6mm wtf?

I can't fit this into the arm hole at all, Arghhhh.

This is my first AE kit, and it feels terrible. The fit and finish is way below Tamiya kits. Some of my aluminium parts for instance have slight nicks in them (shock bodies, a few bulk heads). Also have 1 less than perfect bladder damper out of the 4 (slight half tear on the outside). The steering knuckles that sit into the front C hubs is also a tight fit, even with NO screws. it feels very tight to turn.

Also what the hell is with the springs? Isn't it meant to include 2 silver and TWO GREEN? I got 4 silver like some others have mentioned here. The manually certainly stipulates 2 green and 2 silver.

I'm not in USA, so i doubt AE will post me one 2.5mm outter hinge pin will they?

End Rage. What a shoddy kit.
If you have defective parts I urge you to contact AE customer service. No matter where you are in the world, replacement parts will be sent to you.

The green/silver spring combo is a mistake in the manual which has been corrected in the online manual and will be included in future kits that have not already been shipped. Silver/silver is the correct spring set.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yeh i e-mailed [email protected]

Not sure how long it would take though, days or weeks probably before i get a reply, and then another few days or weeks before my next reply is replied to .... then 3 weeks for snail mail to Australia if they do post me a replacement. Might have a new pin in maybe 4-6 weeks.

Might as well look up the part buy it from Hong Kong now... 7-10 days.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Not sure how long it would take though, days or weeks probably before i get a reply, and then another few days or weeks before my next reply is replied to .... then 3 weeks for snail mail to Australia if they do post me a replacement. Might have a new pin in maybe 4-6 weeks.

Service said they did not get an email from anyone concerning oversized hinge pins. PM me with the message and I will pass it on.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Are these the aluminum washers you guys are reffering to? If so how many I need so I can have them to build my TC6.1 kit, and what other part should I pick up for breakages and tuning? Thanks

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/29976
Old 01-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

They are. If you get two of them it should be enough for all (your) setup ideas
Old 01-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Another tip is to go to your local hardware store and buy drill bit blanks in stainless steel, cut to length.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Question, can you use the old front and rear hubs in the TC6.1? 1) I have a supply to use up and if so many issues why not use the old ones until this is resolved? Just asking.....
Old 01-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Question, can you use the old front and rear hubs in the TC6.1? 1) I have a supply to use up and if so many issues why not use the old ones until this is resolved? Just asking.....
You will need to use the old arms with the older C-hubs.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So the offer is made to replace the part and now the problem is how long it will take. Maybe next time pick something either made or headquartered a little closer or pay a few dollars more for a car that doesn't have huge issues like an oversized hingepin.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A decade ago my brand new FT T3 Truck had a defective turnbuckle (no threads) out of the box. AE are no problem to deal with, and I had a replacement in about a week.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chaz955i
So the offer is made to replace the part and now the problem is how long it will take. Maybe next time pick something either made or headquartered a little closer

Name an R/C Car manufacturer located in Australia
Old 01-06-2012, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
I have the old caster block/ steering block/ rear hubs on my car right now with 6.1 arms front and rear and it works fine...
Old 01-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Tech Adept

Managed to buy part 31222 - (tc5 outter hinge pins) today at my local hobby shop /track for an inflated price of $6.50 AUD

2 of the pins will fit the tc6.1 as the original tc5 front arms used shorter pins.

No reply yet from AE, give them a few days.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Chaz955i
So the offer is made to replace the part and now the problem is how long it will take. Maybe next time pick something either made or headquartered a little closer or pay a few dollars more for a car that doesn't have huge issues like an oversized hingepin.

Yeh i was raging about it today at the track, and everyone started telling me to buy a yokomo bd5 crazy version ~ $600-700 Not exactly few dollars more considering i paid $380~ all up for my tc6.1 express posted from overseas. Guess going cheap has its ups and downs.

Originally Posted by Losiho
Name an R/C Car manufacturer located in Australia
Sif we make anything in this country. We're going to even stop making our own tomato sauce, and Heinz ain't even Australian. I even heard if we went to war we would even need to import our bullets. Pathetic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.