R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 12-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #1261
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anytime72 View Post
Does anybody know where to purchase the complete TC6 Shock kit from?

Thanks
Like most of the major sub assemblies that are unique to the TC6, they're probably not available yet.

Might look into a set of TRF shocks, seems to be the popular replacement.

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox

Last edited by Buckaroo; 12-30-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:41 PM   #1262
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default wheel hex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Weaver View Post
Yes i used the v2s with no issues but they have bullet proofed them now v3s eliminates chatter and also lets the suspension move free during throttle all around the best i used,any questions about them i can help i run for them and there service is awesome and they will send you free of charge any updates the do on them.
What Xray wheel hexes are you using to get the cvs's to work???
JPKinsella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:19 PM   #1263
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to twk-b
Default Twitch RC for Andriod - Gearing and Teking Setup

Spent some time over the holidays and wrote a gearing app for Android... which I just finished adding to the Android Market.

The reason I am posting it here is because it comes with
internal ratio=2.0 and a 48 pitch 87 tooth spur; and the gearing chart currently shows gearing that works in a TC6 for 48 and 64 pitch.

Big difference over gearing apps are:
* you to quickly skip throw spur/pinions using the volume buttons...
* you can calculate the pinion (using the set spur and tire diameter) from a given Rollout or FDR
* you can see the speed your boost start/end at before and after gearing changes which allowing you to correct the range (useful for Tekin RS and other boosted ESCs allowing RPM configuration)
* you can stop guessing which spur to switch to with the gear chart you can see which spur gives you the ratios with your pinions
* you can forget your settings because TwitchRC remembers them for you.

It currently assumes you only have one car, a TC6 but it will have multi car support soon (and you get free upgrades).

The homepage for TwitchRC is here:
http://bernie.dcbl.ca/wiki/wiki.php?...c&cscid=35&r=1

RC Tech thread for feedback and updates:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...c-android.html
twk-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:59 PM   #1264
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPKinsella View Post
What Xray wheel hexes are you using to get the cvs's to work???
sent you a pm
Old 12-31-2010, 07:40 AM   #1265
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default confused

my kit is missing a few screws and screws that are supposed to mount the spur gear according to instructions are way too big to fit,

instructions are confusing on the cam-holder step I cant figure out how they are supposed to be aligned. Is there a picture somewhere that helps to explain this?
TJames987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:03 AM   #1266
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJames987 View Post
my kit is missing a few screws and screws that are supposed to mount the spur gear according to instructions are way too big to fit,

instructions are confusing on the cam-holder step I cant figure out how they are supposed to be aligned. Is there a picture somewhere that helps to explain this?
There should be a supplement sheet the spur gear screws for the bulkhead are 2.5x8mm.
hope it helps
warren
Old 12-31-2010, 08:27 PM   #1267
Tech Master

My kit is in the mail, and I'm contemplating gear ratios to run stock, and I see that the new spur gear has some larger holes in it than the legacy Kimbrough solid wheel gears. I'm sure that this has been answered, but I can't seem to find it: Will standard Robinson 48 and 64 pitch spur gears work? Any issues in getting to the motor mount screws? When will the TC6 specific 48p spur gears be available?

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:35 PM   #1268
Tech Elite

Default HELP!

My new TC6 has a major chassis tweak problem that I can't figure out. The rear right corner is a good 2 mm higher than the rest of the chassis. I've loosened and tightened everything on the chassis and nothing has helped. I also replaced the ridiculously tight ball ends that no amount of squeezing would loosen up. Has anyone else had this tweak problem? What should I do now? A complete rebuild? It's not possible for a chunk of carbon fibre to have a permanent bend in it, is it?
Timbulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:19 PM   #1269
Tech Addict

Happy New Year to ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mugenize1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:51 AM   #1270
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbulb View Post
My new TC6 has a major chassis tweak problem that I can't figure out. The rear right corner is a good 2 mm higher than the rest of the chassis. I've loosened and tightened everything on the chassis and nothing has helped. I also replaced the ridiculously tight ball ends that no amount of squeezing would loosen up. Has anyone else had this tweak problem? What should I do now? A complete rebuild? It's not possible for a chunk of carbon fibre to have a permanent bend in it, is it?
is the plate flat with nothing attached to it ?

its possible the shock towers are casuing the tweek if they are mis mounted too.

Ed
Edwin Pibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:45 AM   #1271
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin Pibal View Post
is the plate flat with nothing attached to it ?

its possible the shock towers are casuing the tweek if they are mis mounted too.

Ed
I've removed the shock towers and it's still tweaked. My last step is to remove everything and check if it's still tweaked. Not looking forward to it.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:52 AM   #1272
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Is the L brace at the front on the motor mount lined up as i have seen this incorrect on a few chassis including mine which caused tweak, you need to either file the brace or shim the motor mount at the rear to line the brace up if it is out of line.

The ball ends freed up on my car after a few runs and pivot correctly, i also squeezed them before running the car.
HTH
Old 01-01-2011, 04:55 AM   #1273
Tech Elite

Yes I've made sure the motor mount is lined up correctly, as I read that was a problem earlier in this thread. And all my ball ends have been replaced with RPM ones that move freely. I'll have to strip the plate I guess and see how it looks. I wonder if AE will send just a chassis plate as a warranty replacement.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:54 AM   #1274
Tech Apprentice

Can someone tell me if the steering turnbuckle mounts to the top or bottom of the knuckle? If to the bottom should I swap L & R? thanks
franc furter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:22 AM   #1275
Tech Elite

Quote:
Yes I've made sure the motor mount is lined up correctly, as I read that was a problem earlier in this thread. And all my ball ends have been replaced with RPM ones that move freely. I'll have to strip the plate I guess and see how it looks. I wonder if AE will send just a chassis plate as a warranty replacement.
I figured out my tweak problem. Is was the motor mount brace - I realized when I tightened the screw holding it to the chassis it sucked the whole assembly down too much creating the tweak. Solved by putting a 1mm washer between the brace and the chassis.