Team Associated TC6 Thread >

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ImacFanatic
Good to hear my guess was right and thank you so much for the info!
No problem, anything you need post it here so I can help you or at least try.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

After a complete refresh of the 6.1 all it took was, new shock set, 4 new arms, c blocks, steering arms, rear hubs , matching ball joints and cups all around,plastic sway bar mounts, wheel base shims ( some were missing or wrong), bearings, new diff in back...
Ride height is 5mm , droop is adjustable and after a quick test on just the street all I can say is WOW this thing is a whole new machine and a possible contender now. Thanks guys soooo much for all your help and answers, really really appreciated. This site is full of fantastic people.
Now to order a hardware kit to get rid of the rest of the mismatched screws Lol, it never ends

The car is looking good, I even use TC7 ( not 7.1) I like Blues or silvers in the front and silvers and sometimes greens in the rear if you need more traction . But I keep 2 sets of Blue, slivers ,greens, Tc7 (not 7.1) greys, whites
ImacFanatic likes this.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Hey guys . just got a new to me tc6.1 . I've been out of on-road since the tc3 days , and need some setup tips . I will be racing on a concrete track, with little traction . first run on the car and its very fast , and planted in the rear , but needs more steering. Any tips to help fight the push, but keep the rear locked down like it is ?
Old 04-10-2018, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mcdanielbro's
Hey guys . just got a new to me tc6.1 . I've been out of on-road since the tc3 days , and need some setup tips . I will be racing on a concrete track, with little traction . first run on the car and its very fast , and planted in the rear , but needs more steering. Any tips to help fight the push, but keep the rear locked down like it is ?
In order to assist you with setup tips we need to know the entire setup your car has at the moment.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In a pinch for a steering post and bell crank insert for my TC 6.1, anyone have one to sell or know of a swap part/ upgrade for this ?
Old 04-10-2018, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

What class are you racing???
Old 04-10-2018, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I'm racing 17.5 tc. Very small , tight turn, concrete track .

Car currently has the spool front, gear diff rear, silver front , green rear springs ,links long , top hole tower, yellow swaybar front, green rear . camber at 1.5 all around .
Old 04-10-2018, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

In a pinch for a steering post and bell crank insert for my TC 6.1, anyone have one to sell or know of a swap part/ upgrade for this ?
Hard to find piece , Ive never replaced that on my 2- Tc6 cars , looked on Amain , Stormer, Associated website all dicontinued try Ebay ect, part # Asc31307
Old 04-10-2018, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

I have never run my Tc6 in 17.5 , but I have run it on asphalt as a USGT.
If you just need more steering you could try a few simple things, softer front spring maybe a green (or rear silver),, Move shock topmount in a Hole , softer front sway bar, ????? Myself I prefer a front diff ,Try one step at a time maybe you will find somthing simple ,wish I could be more of a help
. Try a website Petit rc they have setups for all kinds of cars Run on all kinds of surfaces.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Oops! double post
Old 04-10-2018, 08:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter
Hard to find piece , Ive never replaced that on my 2- Tc6 cars , looked on Amain , Stormer, Associated website all dicontinued try Ebay ect, part # Asc31307
found One in Austraila LoL. And they wont ship here . Have to deal with what I have or modify to something close.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

found One in Austraila LoL. And they wont ship here . Have to deal with what I have or modify to something close.
I'm in Australia. If you're desperate and willing to pay shipping (might not be cheap, our postal service is expensive), I can order it and then send it your way. PM me if you need to go down that path.
ImacFanatic likes this.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

I'm racing 17.5 tc. Very small , tight turn, concrete track . &amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br />
&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br />
Car currently has the spool front, gear diff rear, silver front , green rear springs ,links long , top hole tower, yellow swaybar front, green rear . camber at 1.5 all around .
Run this setup. Don't deviate in anything, run the full setup.
ImacFanatic likes this.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gigaplex
I'm in Australia. If you're desperate and willing to pay shipping (might not be cheap, our postal service is expensive), I can order it and then send it your way. PM me if you need to go down that path.
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/222345642951

this is the link and I'd pay shipping up to 20.00 for this little thing. If they actually have one available I'm down for it. I'll pm details if it's a go . And thanks !
Old 04-11-2018, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gigaplex
the eBay seller contacted me.
none in stock

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.