Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC6 Thread >

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 08:56 AM
  #8761  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 436
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by YoDog
Well the first batch is finally ready to ship!
Those who pre-ordered, the mounts will be mailed out tomorrow morning.
I have included as a little thank you, a pair of thin foam pads that I like to use under my LiPo battery pack. Essentially "floating" the battery. It also helps to reduce the abrasion between the battery and the chassis.

Please PM me if you are interested in purchasing a servo mount for your TC6, TC6.1, TC6.1WC or even the Reflex RSD6.
Mount looks great. How much are you selling them for?
jha07 is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 09:20 AM
  #8762  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
DesertRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sniffin the 'Sauce Fumes
Posts: 4,145
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Does anybody else just tape the battery? I removed the battery braces as well to be able to adjust weight distribution more easily, hasn't come off yet.... *knocks on desk*
DesertRat is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 10:01 AM
  #8763  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gilroy, Ca.
Posts: 2,001
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jha07
Mount looks great. How much are you selling them for?
They are $20 shipped in the U.S.
I think it's an additional 3 or 4 bucks to ship to BC.
YoDog is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 10:04 AM
  #8764  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
vivo quevas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central, Ca.
Posts: 1,351
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DesertRat
Does anybody else just tape the battery? I removed the battery braces as well to be able to adjust weight distribution more easily, hasn't come off yet.... *knocks on desk*
Servo Tape?

I have seen Yo Dog's Servo mount in person and it is well made and well engineered and really strong. I hope to get one soon.
Yo Dog is one of the best racers in our area and his cars are always well turned out using parts of his own design he is a real innovative racer!
vivo quevas is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 10:10 AM
  #8765  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (46)
 
rigelkent09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 722
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by YoDog
They are $20 shipped in the U.S.
I think it's an additional 3 or 4 bucks to ship to BC.
does it requires some modifications to install? or direct drop in, i'm interested in this..
rigelkent09 is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 10:26 AM
  #8766  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Woodland Hills, ca
Posts: 66
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Spurs

What type of spur gears are people running? I am new to the TC6.1.


Thanks, Brian
bribtb is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 10:36 AM
  #8767  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
wtcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,032
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bribtb
What type of spur gears are people running? I am new to the TC6.1.


Thanks, Brian
Robitronic Delrins or the original black ones.
wtcc is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 11:08 AM
  #8768  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gilroy, Ca.
Posts: 2,001
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rigelkent09
does it requires some modifications to install? or direct drop in, i'm interested in this..
It's a direct fit, no modification.
It uses the forward most ballast weight holes found on all TC6 based chassis.
I only have a few left from this first batch so hurry if you want one soon.
YoDog is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 11:17 AM
  #8769  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gilroy, Ca.
Posts: 2,001
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

The only things that you will need are a servo, 1 of the factory mounting brackets, servo spacers and M3 screws to attach the servo to the block and factory bracket. (found in your original kit hardware) All other screws are included. (4-M3x8mm flathead and 1-M3x6mm SS button head)
I designed this to use the 8mm long screws to improve strength and durability. Sure it's a little heavier but it won't move.
YoDog is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 11:56 PM
  #8770  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (3)
 
BillPear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The O.C. 92646
Posts: 748
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

looking forward to the mailman bringing mine soon!
BillPear is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 12:14 AM
  #8771  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gilroy, Ca.
Posts: 2,001
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BillPear
looking forward to the mailman bringing mine soon!
Hey Bill, I included a couple of those M2.5 X 8mm screws I said I would earlier to replace those pesky button heads for your Spur shaft.

Thanks for your order. Hopefully yours and Ricks arrive by Tomorrow but you never really know with the USPS. At least by Monday I would think.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add to the above list of required parts, the long silver ball stud for the steering crank will be needed as well.
YoDog is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 04:13 AM
  #8772  
Tech Initiate
 
frenchchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 27
Default

hello
you know i m interested by your servo holder plse let me know the shipping cost to france

thanks a lot
chris
frenchchris is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 09:18 AM
  #8773  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (3)
 
BillPear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The O.C. 92646
Posts: 748
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by YoDog
Hey Bill, I included a couple of those M2.5 X 8mm screws I said I would earlier to replace those pesky button heads for your Spur shaft.

Thanks for your order. Hopefully yours and Ricks arrive by Tomorrow but you never really know with the USPS. At least by Monday I would think.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add to the above list of required parts, the long silver ball stud for the steering crank will be needed as well.
Thanks for the screws, is the ball stud the same as on of my B4 ballstuds? I have plenty of those.
BillPear is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 06:04 PM
  #8774  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gilroy, Ca.
Posts: 2,001
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BillPear
Thanks for the screws, is the ball stud the same as on of my B4 ballstuds? I have plenty of those.
I'm not sure but it is a standard Associated one the has the same amount of threads as the button head it replaces. I have yet to measure it.
YoDog is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 06:10 PM
  #8775  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gilroy, Ca.
Posts: 2,001
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by frenchchris
hello
you know i m interested by your servo holder plse let me know the shipping cost to france

thanks a lot
chris
I will need to look into it. The first batch is almost all sold.
YoDog is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.