Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silvalis
I just started putting together the shocks in my WC kit (first assoc kit!) and have noticed this weird ribbing on one of the shock shafts. It's causing a slight binding.

Has anyone else come across something like this?
I have seen this on one of my two kits that I have built this year. It didn't cause any binding in my case but if you find it is preventing your shock from moving freely you could use some metal polish and polish the shaft ever so gently.

This is what I use: http://mobile.rcdepot.ca/Product.aspx?ProductID=136271

My friend did up an instructional video on how we polish the shock shafts/hinge pins on our off-road vehicles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKLRitquqz8

Hope this helps.

-Kane
Old 02-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default Reflex TC6 Springs

Does anyone know where I could find a set of reflex springs that has the silvers, blues and Yellows in it? Seems like the kit they have on the website is all heavier spring rates now.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You can replace the silver an blue springs with the actual green and red springs of the black series (red is sold separatly).
Try to get the 13.5 yellow springs used. These are one of my favourites when the traction is up on raceday! It is a shame that these fell out of the spring range Christian offers. But he is very customer orientated so there is a good chance that he will make some more
Old 02-02-2013, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

We still have yellows in stock. Green and blue are very similar green being slightly softer. The only spring that is no longer available is the silver spring.

However, you might want to try superior hobbies to see if they have any of the blues and silvers left, last time I talked to them they had some in stock.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
We still have yellows in stock. Green and blue are very similar green being slightly softer. The only spring that is no longer available is the silver spring.

However, you might want to try superior hobbies to see if they have any of the blues and silvers left, last time I talked to them they had some in stock.
It is a little confusing with the yellow springs as their rate is 13.5 in the RSD6 tech section and 12.x in the shop...
Old 02-02-2013, 05:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi, Cristian Enrico From Italy.
The RSD6 Aluminum Floating Servo Mount fit in original TC6 chassis with no any additional works or not?
Any help is appreciated.

This is my new UpGrade for TC6.

Enry
Old 02-02-2013, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 20967
Hi, Cristian Enrico From Italy.
The RSD6 Aluminum Floating Servo Mount fit in original TC6 chassis with no any additional works or not?
Any help is appreciated.

This is my new UpGrade for TC6.

Enry
No, it will not be a straight fit. You must drill 1 hole on the chassis.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
No, it will not be a straight fit. You must drill 1 hole on the chassis.
Thks Cristian for replay.
Enry
Old 02-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

I want to share my TC6 conversation. It includes the possibility to use shorty lipos, four wheel steering, centered weight (motor moved forward), lower weight center (TShox, short bulkhead clamps, lower shock tower), narrow chassis...I think thats all:

Old 02-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

I hate you so much right now. You literally did everything I have wanted to try on a touring car in one shot, and now I must ask... who makes that four wheel steer setup or did you do it yourself?
Old 02-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

DUDE!

Are you lost mind?????

OK, it is avesome! How it drive?????????

Results and video of moving parts, please!!!

Originally Posted by wtcc
I want to share my TC6 conversation. It includes the possibility to use shorty lipos, four wheel steering, centered weight (motor moved forward), lower weight center (TShox, short bulkhead clamps, lower shock tower), narrow chassis...I think thats all:

Old 02-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

I take that as a compliment

Everything done by myself. The four wheel steering conversation is quite easy. Use the front suspension parts for the rear and buy another steering arm plus the long turnbuckle and a double sided servoarm. Now the hard part: You need to move the spur gear bulkheads forward to make space for the steeringarm. If you do this your belts wont fit anymore. So you need to get two new ones. The lower chassis needs new holes for the moved spurgearbulkhead. The top plate cannot be used anymore. A new one is needed to include the second steering arm and the new position of the spur. Sounds a lot, but only the new topplate will cause some real costs.

If you are interested in a build I give you my CAD drawings and all information you need.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Very good very good

But I'm going to drop that racing class in 2 months.

I WAIT FOR YOUR RESULTS AND VIDEOS
Old 02-03-2013, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Received my RSD6.2 in the mail last night and converted my old tc6. The rsd chassis is a quality piece of carbon! Switched every thing over and went smooth. The bell crank went on nicely and Rsd includes the longer turn buckle so nothing else is required for the conversion. I also installed the newer shock towers and bearing caps. Aside from the non tc6.1 arms and suspension. This tc6 is totally refreshed.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

I made a short video of the steering function of my 4WS today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEUVX...ature=youtu.be

The car was good to drive, with a lovely inital turn in. It didn't like the 110% driving. Within the 105% it was incredibly agile. The direction change from left to right and vise versa is lightning fast!
The actual design didn't show any weakness even though I had some meetings with the wall. So I am happy and will work on the setup in the coming week (because the car also is like riding a wild horse and needs full attention). I could go the same laptimes with other drivers (same motor turns). Right now with a "normal" touring car setup I have the feeling of understeer into the corner and toooo much steering in the middle and out of it. Maybe something I can easily adjust on my remote, but not sure.
The Tshox worked good and made no trouble, very smooth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.