Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottyTC4NZ
Just one question, where did you get the mount for the servo? As I'm looking for one maybe two.

Thanks
Reflex racing
Old 12-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
You use shims on both spots, but you just have to identify which part of the set up sheet refers to what.

Wheelbase refers to moving the arm fore and aft. In this case Mike lists 1mm in the fron t and the rear. This means that he has 1mm shims in front of the front arms and 1mm in the rear of the rear arms. Since the arms can be moved front to rear 3mm, this means that behind the front arms he has 2mm and in front of the rear arms he has 2mm. This is the standard TC6 wheelbase setting
sorry u lost me hear. If the arms can be moved 3mm from Side to side on the hinge pin. Does that mean Haynes has 1 + 2 mm of the FF, and .5 on the FR?
Old 12-23-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Please read the post again. I can't be more clear than that. You need to understand how to read the set up sheet.

Wheelbase adjusts the length of the car. It is labeled on the set up sheet. Shimming the arm mounts closer or further from the bulkhead makes the car narrower or wider. This is labeled on the set up sheet as well. You need not worry about your wheelbase adjustment on the car, so long as you built it per the manual. THE ONLY THING YOU NEED TO WORRY ABOUT is the amount of shims in between the bulkhead and the suspension mount. You are mixing up both adjustments. You shims on the hinge pin are fine per your pictures. You need to read the set up sheet and assign the number of shims behind the suspension mount to match the number on the sheet.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok. Thank you
Old 12-23-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just finish assembly on my new TC6.1. Then I reliaze that my rear toe in is not equal for both side, even the shim is the same thickness. I even try to measure and sand the shims to get the same thickness but the result are still the same. Anybody please help me, what to do to deal with this problem...
Old 12-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by feizal917
Just finish assembly on my new TC6.1. Then I reliaze that my rear toe in is not equal for both side, even the shim is the same thickness. I even try to measure and sand the shims to get the same thickness but the result are still the same. Anybody please help me, what to do to deal with this problem...
If the Ff and Fr arm mounts are the same, no offsets one one side, and maybe standards on the other. Check the holes on the chassis are properly drilled.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:05 AM
Tech Regular

I have this issue show up on my 6.1WC as well.
Ended up shimming the rear hinge pin holder on the side with lower toe in readings.
Can't tell which part is out.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just ran my first VTA race yesterday with my new to me TC6.1 with the box stock settings and all I can say is this car is GREAT!!!!! very smooth, handles awesome and if not for traffic I was running A main pace but I need to learn how to manage traffic better lol so I finished 3rd in the B main.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

First thing. If you want a TC6 that is halfway square side to side take the plastic shims that Associated includes with the kit and throw them in the garbage where they belong. Then go to Amainhobbies or whoever you prefer for Associated parts and pick up a couple bags of 12R5 bulkhead washers. These are aluminum and do not compress and distort like the junk plastic. If your bulkheads are parallel and you use the aluminum shims your toe should be much closer to where it should be.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quick question: Do X-Ray spur gears fit the TC6?
Old 12-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by waswadener
Quick question: Do X-Ray spur gears fit the TC6?
yes they do but pay attetion to the off-set. You want the over hang to go towards the right. [
Old 12-24-2012, 12:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ammo
I have this issue show up on my 6.1WC as well.
Ended up shimming the rear hinge pin holder on the side with lower toe in readings.
Can't tell which part is out.

Originally Posted by Chaz955i
First thing. If you want a TC6 that is halfway square side to side take the plastic shims that Associated includes with the kit and throw them in the garbage where they belong. Then go to Amainhobbies or whoever you prefer for Associated parts and pick up a couple bags of 12R5 bulkhead washers. These are aluminum and do not compress and distort like the junk plastic. If your bulkheads are parallel and you use the aluminum shims your toe should be much closer to where it should be.
Thanks guys for giving me advice.. I ended up with aluminium shims on my rear FWD mount to the side with higher toe value. Ammo, I think we just do the same concept but with a different approach. Ran the car last night and its awesome!
Old 12-24-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez

I have never had any backing out issues. I did however used a super long screw if you look at the bulkheads and its been a year and no backing out. I just added the rsd blocks just for giggles even though I never had the holders swing out like you mentioned. I may end up taking them off since im anal about extra weight when running brushed motor.

You can also put a 5-40 nut on the inside and they will never come off
Can you tell me where you got the rsd blocks?
Old 12-24-2012, 01:26 PM
gom
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairy
Can you tell me where you got the rsd blocks?
www.reflexracing.net
Old 12-24-2012, 03:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Finally done. Zeppen Aluminum casters, and rear hubs, Reflex racing floating servo mount, duel cardans, aluminum hexs. Thanks to Cristian at Reflex for his patience and great customer support.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.