Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC6 Thread >

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 05:56 AM
  #7351  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
wtcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,032
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Got this but still it is not showing more than the blank sheet...
wtcc is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 06:16 AM
  #7352  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
mtbboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnipeg. Igloo. Hockey. Beer.
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wtcc
Got this but still it is not showing more than the blank sheet...
Sadly I think you have to e-mail it to yourself.
mtbboy is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 08:41 AM
  #7353  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Poland, Warsaw
Posts: 786
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
HPI Silver are roughly equivalent the new RSD Purple Spring. They are rated by HPI at 16.9lb springs.

From our tests, they are slightly stiffer than the RSD Red, and softer than AE blue. This is where the purple spring falls.
So it means that on good grip it's better use stiffer springs then ae silver (14.5lbs) ...

Faster response?

Regards!
M.Abramowicz is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:06 AM
  #7354  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,165
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Well, I have been using the harder spring thing since the TC6.1 came out. Our track is medium high grip and the car would rub too much on the asphalt when using softer springs, which would make me have to drive easier around long sweeping corners. With the narrower chassis, such as the one the AE guys are running and our RSD6, the added flex made the car too "stuck" so going stiffer made the car quicker around the track. The car is also easier to drive with the stiffer springs. What is interesting is that the car still has plenty of body roll.

My personal theory around it is that the higher grip generated by the softer chassis and top decks require stiffer springs. However with the std TC6 chassis, the Red Front and Blue Rear springs (RSD) worked the best for me. The stiffer spring set-ups tend to be more reactive at the very beginning of the corner, but easier to drive through the middle and exit.

The Purple spring is something that we had been developing for a while since I never felt the Red springs were stiff enough under certain conditions. Hence why they were released just a day after the Nationals, this is just when they arrived.
CristianTabush is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:25 AM
  #7355  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Poland, Warsaw
Posts: 786
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thank you for answer.

Can you share tc6.1 setup from that track?

I think I will do few changes in my car, due that it loan on sides too much, and then I go slower @modified.

Just higher front RC, maybe shorter link (new ae tower mount), slighty stiffer springs (now front ae silver 14.5, rear shumacher white 14.0). Just two max 3 changes that I want try at my track.

Btw, do you try thicker oil in rear diff?
In my case 5000 ae diff oil is much, even 1024x more better then 50wt shock oil (ltc-r body, sorex tires).



m.
M.Abramowicz is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:33 AM
  #7356  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 156
Default

Originally Posted by wtcc
My IPad 3 always opens the AE setup sheets without the filled fields Does someone know how to solve this?
You can download the bluefire reader for apple products this will solve it for you.
dancoog is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 10:30 AM
  #7357  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,165
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
Thank you for answer.

Can you share tc6.1 setup from that track?

I think I will do few changes in my car, due that it loan on sides too much, and then I go slower @modified.

Just higher front RC, maybe shorter link (new ae tower mount), slighty stiffer springs (now front ae silver 14.5, rear shumacher white 14.0). Just two max 3 changes that I want try at my track.

Btw, do you try thicker oil in rear diff?
In my case 5000 ae diff oil is much, even 1024x more better then 50wt shock oil (ltc-r body, sorex tires).



m.
I will have to dig up the set-up on the RSD thread, but here is one that is very close that was from a carpet race. The only difference, if I recall correctly was that I would run 550F 500R oil, 3.0 degrees of rear toe and 6F 5R on the droop.

TC6.1 Set Up

On the oil, I went up from 1300 to 2000 wt and liked it more in some parts of the track and less in others. I have tried lighter and I just don't like the acceleration, as the diff tends to unload a bit. The 2000 had a little more stability going into the corners while the 1300 turned in more, but pushed in the sweeper. Our track is weird right now though. On the current layout, you need a TON of steering because the corner before the sweeper that leads to the straightaway is such a hard right hander, if your car is not set-up for it, you loose about 0.2 sec/ per lap. Maybe on a more flowing layout, I would prefer the heavier oil.
CristianTabush is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 11:44 AM
  #7358  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
mtbboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnipeg. Igloo. Hockey. Beer.
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dancoog
You can download the bluefire reader for apple products this will solve it for you.

Nice!
I dont have to take photos of my laptop anymore!!

Thanks Dancoog
mtbboy is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 01:20 PM
  #7359  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 410
Default

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Thanks!

Here it is!

Hebert ran almost identical and this is very close to Juho's World's setup.
i noticed that you are using the worlds chassi, does it have alot more flex or is the setup suited for the std chassi too?

would really like to see a thinner chassi from ae

also, i see that some of the recent setups are using quite high roll centers on asphalt, is this something that you recommend on carpet too? (low-medium traction carpet)

Last edited by Bappe; 08-29-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Bappe is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 10:07 PM
  #7360  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 73
Default

HKS new option parts for TC6

CVD



http://www.hksrc.com/store/index.php...oduct_id=10340

Body post support
Direct fit to TC6 body post



Blue
http://www.hksrc.com/store/index.php...oduct_id=10336

Black
http://www.hksrc.com/store/index.php...oduct_id=10335
HKS Hobby is offline  
Old 08-30-2012, 08:00 AM
  #7361  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 340
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wtcc
My IPad 3 always opens the AE setup sheets without the filled fields Does someone know how to solve this?
The built-in PDF reader doesn't allow me to view the comments on my iPad either. I had to install Adobe PDF reader. When you download a PDF it will open it in Safari but then what you need to do is tap in the top right-hand corner where there's another button where it says "open in" and then you can select Adobe reader.
MattDub is offline  
Old 08-30-2012, 08:32 AM
  #7362  
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 4,004
Default

Originally Posted by Bappe
i noticed that you are using the worlds chassi, does it have alot more flex or is the setup suited for the std chassi too?

would really like to see a thinner chassi from ae

also, i see that some of the recent setups are using quite high roll centers on asphalt, is this something that you recommend on carpet too? (low-medium traction carpet)
The setup will work with the std chassis. The Worlds chassis has been narrowed but it is also a little thicker so the flex is not much different between the two.

The high roll center thing has worked in the past. As far back as the 2008 Worlds with the TC5 we we were as high as we could go. And some of my best TC6 setups I ran high roll center (at least in the rear) so it is something that seems to work with the AE design.

It should work on carpet although some minor tuning will surely be required. Keven H is testing Carpet this weekend using the high roll center setup so we should have more news next week.
Rick Hohwart is offline  
Old 08-30-2012, 05:20 PM
  #7363  
Tech Master
iTrader: (27)
 
racer x 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: im 4rm a far away place called 1st
Posts: 1,849
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The setup will work with the std chassis. The Worlds chassis has been narrowed but it is also a little thicker so the flex is not much different between the two.

The high roll center thing has worked in the past. As far back as the 2008 Worlds with the TC5 we we were as high as we could go. And some of my best TC6 setups I ran high roll center (at least in the rear) so it is something that seems to work with the AE design.

It should work on carpet although some minor tuning will surely be required. Keven H is testing Carpet this weekend using the high roll center setup so we should have more news next week.
Any chanceof seeing him out at TQ raceway?
racer x 1 is offline  
Old 08-30-2012, 11:03 PM
  #7364  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gilroy, Ca.
Posts: 2,001
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MattDub
The built-in PDF reader doesn't allow me to view the comments on my iPad either. I had to install Adobe PDF reader. When you download a PDF it will open it in Safari but then what you need to do is tap in the top right-hand corner where there's another button where it says "open in" and then you can select Adobe reader.
On the iPad 3, once you have adobe reader installed, tap and hold on the attachment or if the iPad PDF reader opens like you mentioned, tap and hold your finger on the empty setup sheet. There will be a pop up and then you select "open in" and then select the adobe reader. Everything should fill in nicely.
YoDog is offline  
Old 08-31-2012, 12:43 AM
  #7365  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
wtcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,032
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Thank you for the input!
wtcc is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.