R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2012, 12:40 AM   #6586
Tech Master
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lompoc, Ca.
Posts: 1,686
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySlowZ View Post
What 17.5t motor is everyone running or recommend? Is the LRP x12 the best one out there? How does the Thunder Power Z3R-S compare to the x12?
I like the D3 or Revtech stuff. LRP motors are great but seem to like a bit of a different setup than the Trinity based mills.
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:33 AM   #6587
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: オランダ
Posts: 312
Default

Damn Associated. Please fix the stock on the regular parts. All shops are out of stock. :S Continueing for a while now, drives me nuts.
__________________
株式会社 ヨコモ
dennisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:28 AM   #6588
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 387
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisV View Post
Damn Associated. Please fix the stock on the regular parts. All shops are out of stock. :S Continueing for a while now, drives me nuts.
what parts are you looking for ?

i never seem to have problems buying anything

ed
Edwin Pibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:50 AM   #6589
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: オランダ
Posts: 312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin Pibal View Post
what parts are you looking for ?

i never seem to have problems buying anything

ed
31341 - Spool outdrives.

I need them so badly , all bigs shops are out of stock. I do order from the Netherlands thus i prefer EU based shops but even AMain doesn't have them..
__________________
株式会社 ヨコモ
dennisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:54 AM   #6590
Tech Fanatic
 
jirish617's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: chi south subs
Posts: 827
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

hey guys so i finally got a tc6 on the way! I wanted to get the caster blocks from the tc6.1, can anyone tell me if they swap right into the tc6. my other question is, are there any immediate changes anyone recommends?
jirish617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #6591
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,512
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX20 View Post
Alright cool. Thanks mate!
Should be fun ahaha!
Before you buy a new motor, try a gear ratio down around 4.2. That's pretty safe for racing, but I'm not sure about bashing, so watch the temps. With a ballistic, you might be able to go even lower. 5.0 is pretty far off for a 17.5 without boost. Also, you can look at increasing the timing on the motor, as that makes a big difference.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #6592
Tech Addict
 
Team Grid RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 638
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Dual bell crank for 6.1

Getting requests for a drop in dual bell crank for the 6.1

Good timing... We are testing a prototype and may go production on it. Stay tuned on our thread.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...des-tools.html
__________________
www.GridRC.com

Last edited by Team Grid RC; 04-17-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Team Grid RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #6593
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 387
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisV View Post
31341 - Spool outdrives.

I need them so badly , all bigs shops are out of stock. I do order from the Netherlands thus i prefer EU based shops but even AMain doesn't have them..
Cristian from Reflex racing is supposed to be getting some alloy ones up for sale today/tommorrow

https://reflexracing.3dcartstores.co...s_c_4-1-3.html

Ed
Edwin Pibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #6594
Tech Regular
 
RacerX20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 264
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
Before you buy a new motor, try a gear ratio down around 4.2. That's pretty safe for racing, but I'm not sure about bashing, so watch the temps. With a ballistic, you might be able to go even lower. 5.0 is pretty far off for a 17.5 without boost. Also, you can look at increasing the timing on the motor, as that makes a big difference.

-Mike
Well I decided that 5000kv would be too much and temps might become an issue. So I opted for a 4200kv 10.5 turn. I just bought a used stator for like 25 bucks. So good or bad, it's a cheap mod. And since 5.3 is already a pretty low gearing, I can gear up to 4.2 if temps aren't an issue and I want more speed. Unfortunately there aren't any tracks in my area. I'd love to be able to race.

I expect to be going about 40ish mph with a 10.5 and 5.3fdr. With the 17.5 my ESC wasn't even warm.

On a side note, I have the older GTB purple heatsink ESC and the guy I bought it from said he put it in "blinkymode" () to limit it's speed for technical carpet racing. But I'm looking over the insturctons and setup manuals and I don't see anything he might be referring to. As far as I can tell I don't think it even has a current limiter.
http://www.teamnovak.com/products/esc/gtb/index.html
__________________
1/5th HPI Baja 5B - ESP 27cc, Victory Pro Pipe.
1/8th Losi 8ight-E 2.0 - Tekin RX8 T8 1900kv, 4s Hyperion 45c Ex lipo.
1/10th OFNA Hyper 10TT - Tekin RX8 SC4x 4.5t 4800kv, 2s Zippy 40c lipo
Futaba 4pk FASST 2.4GHz Radio
RacerX20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #6595
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: オランダ
Posts: 312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin Pibal View Post
Cristian from Reflex racing is supposed to be getting some alloy ones up for sale today/tommorrow

https://reflexracing.3dcartstores.co...s_c_4-1-3.html

Ed
I know, he sent me a message about it. But i just need some 'original' in stock in case of i brake other stuff ;-)
__________________
株式会社 ヨコモ
dennisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #6596
Tech Regular
 
ghiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 315
Send a message via Skype™ to ghiro
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Grid RC View Post
Getting requests for a drop in dual bell crank for the 6.1

Good timing... We are testing a prototype and may go production on it. Stay tuned on our thread.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...des-tools.html
Will it fit TC6's?
I have a second chassis and i would really like to give it a try.
__________________
Capricorn TE01-Associated RC10R5.1-Atomic VM2-Serpent Cobra811 BE-Honcho-Losi MRC/RcBros-SandScorcher-MERV
DJI' F550-HubsanX4-Toy'sPort Zorro
ghiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #6597
Tech Elite
 
LasagnaCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hickory Hills, IL
Posts: 2,085
Trader Rating: 143 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to LasagnaCat
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jirish617 View Post
hey guys so i finally got a tc6 on the way! I wanted to get the caster blocks from the tc6.1, can anyone tell me if they swap right into the tc6. my other question is, are there any immediate changes anyone recommends?
Stick with the caster blocks you have. The TC5/6 blocks are stronger, and are in stock everywhere if replacements are needed. Some of the 6.1 parts have had breakage issues and spares have often been hard to come by.

A gear diff in the rear would be a nice first addition (and some of the Reflex soft shock bladders) but it will be absolutely fine as-is. Get a good setup on it and go from there.
__________________
Well if it seems to be real, it's illusion
For every moment of truth, there's confusion in life...
LasagnaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #6598
Tech Elite
 
LasagnaCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hickory Hills, IL
Posts: 2,085
Trader Rating: 143 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to LasagnaCat
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX20 View Post
On a side note, I have the older GTB purple heatsink ESC and the guy I bought it from said he put it in "blinkymode" () to limit it's speed for technical carpet racing. But I'm looking over the insturctons and setup manuals and I don't see anything he might be referring to. As far as I can tell I don't think it even has a current limiter.
It's always in 'blinky' mode, there's no boost on the GTB series.
__________________
Well if it seems to be real, it's illusion
For every moment of truth, there's confusion in life...
LasagnaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #6599
Tech Addict
 
Team Grid RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 638
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghiro View Post
Will it fit TC6's?
I have a second chassis and i would really like to give it a try.
It will fit both 6 and 6.1
__________________
www.GridRC.com
Team Grid RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #6600
Tech Regular
 
RacerX20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 264
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasagnaCat View Post
It's always in 'blinky' mode, there's no boost on the GTB series.
gotcha, thanks
__________________
1/5th HPI Baja 5B - ESP 27cc, Victory Pro Pipe.
1/8th Losi 8ight-E 2.0 - Tekin RX8 T8 1900kv, 4s Hyperion 45c Ex lipo.
1/10th OFNA Hyper 10TT - Tekin RX8 SC4x 4.5t 4800kv, 2s Zippy 40c lipo
Futaba 4pk FASST 2.4GHz Radio
RacerX20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Associated TC5 RCknight Electric On-Road 13256 Today 05:13 PM
THE TRACK RACEWAY Apex Mid Atlantic RC Racing 28983 Yesterday 07:08 AM
Team Associated TC6 KostaG Electric On-Road 8 07-04-2010 12:42 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:53 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net