Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC6 Thread >

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 01:51 PM
  #5821  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (14)
 
Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Roseville, California
Posts: 308
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cwoods34
Yes, I can post them later when I get on the desktop. I just pulled the electronics out, but I'll see if I have a good older pic with electronics, also!
I too would like to see this mod. Anyone have the part numbers for this?
Chief is offline  
Old 02-17-2012, 02:00 PM
  #5822  
Tech Master
iTrader: (40)
 
kghills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brooklyn, WI
Posts: 1,475
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bappe
What would be a good starting setup on low/medium traction carpet running sorex 28 tires?
Jason runs this setup on his TC6 low to med bite carpet 17.5 blinky Sweep 30 Kitty Rug tires.

http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...iicss_2011.pdf

Keith.
kghills is offline  
Old 02-17-2012, 10:14 PM
  #5823  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,567
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

For mounting bodies, are you guys trimming the bumper back to let the body wheel wells center on the axles? My mazdaspeed 6 is like 5mm forward, and the 37 I was gonna try would be even farther forward.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline  
Old 02-17-2012, 11:26 PM
  #5824  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 146
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Had a blast today with my TC6.1, dialed my set up in for my local track - Tarmac - medium grip and lots of sharp corners. I started with stock kit settings but found the car oversteered too easily. So i Moved the rear shock mounts inside 1 hole on both arm and tower then made both front and rear ride height ~6mm (bumpy track).

Anyhow this is the damage i did today to the car. Destroyed an old body shell and smashed the C-Hub.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6 Thread-body-write-off.jpg  
Forgetful_Duck is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 10:46 AM
  #5825  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
cwoods34's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Indy-freakin'-ana
Posts: 1,156
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Chief
I too would like to see this mod. Anyone have the part numbers for this?
The XRAY steering setup is 302506, and the Serpent servo mount is 401369.

I removed the front battery brace and just cut a tape slot.... I don't like velcro straps anyway, and I've NEVER had the battery come loose using tape.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6 Thread-tc6steering.jpg   Team Associated TC6 Thread-tc6steering2.jpg   Team Associated TC6 Thread-tc6steering3.jpg  
cwoods34 is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 02:42 PM
  #5826  
piper48
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Losi #57 pistons

I know most of you run the Reflex pistons or the stock #2's that come with the kit, but I've also heard others running the Losi #57's. What's the reason and advantages for running the Losi #57 over the stock #2's? If running the #57, do you couple them with different spring combo? We have a temp track 100x60 CRC ozite med to high grip that I would like to try the #57's on but I don't want to spend the day testing it since the track is temporary. Any constructive input would be much appreciated.
 
Old 02-18-2012, 02:46 PM
  #5827  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
cwoods34's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Indy-freakin'-ana
Posts: 1,156
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by piper48
I know most of you run the Reflex pistons or the stock #2's that come with the kit, but I've also heard others running the Losi #57's. What's the reason and advantages for running the Losi #57 over the stock #2's? If running the #57, do you couple them with different spring combo? We have a temp track 100x60 CRC ozite med to high grip that I would like to try the #57's on but I don't want to spend the day testing it since the track is temporary. Any constructive input would be much appreciated.
The 57 is just better quality and fits perfect compared to the stock Associated piece. You can't go wrong running that or the Reflex piston!
cwoods34 is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 03:08 PM
  #5828  
RAL
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
RAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,532
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Speedtech Stealth Edition in all black! "Black is better!"

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...l.asp?id=12410
RAL is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 03:10 PM
  #5829  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
GreenSC10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 647
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Hanger 30 Battle

Great race between the TC6.1 and the Awesomatix, check it out.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZe721lnSrk
GreenSC10 is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 06:17 PM
  #5830  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (13)
 
HenryC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 222
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Spur gear shaft question

Building a TC6.1. Noticed that when building the spur gear shaft assembly, if I include the shims between the bearing and the C clip, the resulting assembly does not spin freely. If I leave out the shims it seems OK. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks,

Henry
HenryC is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 06:36 PM
  #5831  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HenryC
Building a TC6.1. Noticed that when building the spur gear shaft assembly, if I include the shims between the bearing and the C clip, the resulting assembly does not spin freely. If I leave out the shims it seems OK. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks,

Henry
Yes. Experienced the exact same thing. Just left them out. Assume it won't be a problem.
or8ital is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 06:40 PM
  #5832  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (14)
 
Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Roseville, California
Posts: 308
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cwoods34
The XRAY steering setup is 302506, and the Serpent servo mount is 401369.

I removed the front battery brace and just cut a tape slot.... I don't like velcro straps anyway, and I've NEVER had the battery come loose using tape.
Thanks. I will have to look into this.
Chief is offline  
Old 02-19-2012, 06:57 AM
  #5833  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Poland, Warsaw
Posts: 786
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Question is: how this mod for steering made you faster?

Regards!
Michal
M.Abramowicz is offline  
Old 02-19-2012, 10:55 AM
  #5834  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
cherokee95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The "big city" in South Dakota
Posts: 283
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HenryC
Building a TC6.1. Noticed that when building the spur gear shaft assembly, if I include the shims between the bearing and the C clip, the resulting assembly does not spin freely. If I leave out the shims it seems OK. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks,

Henry
I was just going to do a search, I noticed the same thing. I think I'm going to sand the inside of the pulleys to make them a little narrower. Looks like the outer bearing race could rub on the e-clip if the shims are not used.
cherokee95 is offline  
Old 02-19-2012, 11:20 AM
  #5835  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (13)
 
HenryC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 222
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cherokee95
I was just going to do a search, I noticed the same thing. I think I'm going to sand the inside of the pulleys to make them a little narrower. Looks like the outer bearing race could rub on the e-clip if the shims are not used.
I tried that but it will not do the trick. The slots in the spur gear hub will only allow the spur gear pulley to go down so far. In order to get the spur gear pulley to seat farther down, you will have to grind the slots in the spur gear hub deeper.

I hoping somebody with more experience will let us know if leaving the shims out will become an issue.

Henry
HenryC is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.