Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 04:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This has probably been covered, apologies... there are hundreds of pages.

What are peoples solutions to stop the slop that develops in the suspension arms/hinge pins from the hinge pin mounts moving outwards during a run?
Old 01-14-2012, 05:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coons88
This has probably been covered, apologies... there are hundreds of pages.

What are peoples solutions to stop the slop that develops in the suspension arms/hinge pins from the hinge pin mounts moving outwards during a run?
Thats the main problem, i have tried to put some thread locker and have found that it helps but just a little bit. The problem is bigger when you use the long one arm mount like with no point (clear). So i changed it for short one with 3 points marked and just moved it to mount A. Will know next week if that helps. But now i have little different chassis roll. Hopefully better
Few pages ago i got answer in this:
http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD-TC6-...ocks_p_18.html
When get it will try. But at the moment hope that arm mounts from TC6.1 will help.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Guys, want to use arms and steering blocks with c hubs from TC6.1 and mount it to my TC6. Will they fit with no problems or i need to buy something more like axle crush tubes and hinge pins, arm mounts?
Old 01-14-2012, 02:36 PM
gom
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geberit
I was driving both. The performance is the same if the slipper spool is build correctly (it should be tight enough that it don't slips at normal load only when you crash). Many people at my local track drive the TC6 and didn't manage to build it correctly so they got some weird handling issues till we come up its the slipper spool! The new spool is fix and you can't do anything wrong so for many regular drivers its easier to use. The down side is nothing can ''slip'' when you crash....
cool. thanks. that's exactly what i was looking for. i am going to keep using the slipper spool as i don't see any reasons to upgrade yet.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by roger999
Guys, want to use arms and steering blocks with c hubs from TC6.1 and mount it to my TC6. Will they fit with no problems or i need to buy something more like axle crush tubes and hinge pins, arm mounts?
Arms seem no problems, but steering block, you probably need new bearings.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Forgetful_Duck
One thing i really don't like about these pro-level cars, is why do they use Aluminium on the drive cups / outdrives.... WHYYYYY!!!!???

Ok, so the main reason is weight... but Seriously.... making them out of steal for a part THAT small is only a few grams more than aluminium.

Alright so you might say once you add in the angular velocity and momentum behind the weight, its multiplied many times over.... but still....

I'm sick of seeing those CVA protector blades break and having STEEL dog bones eat into damn Expensive Alu Drive cups.... Its just so unnecessary!

I have a ta05v2 and the gear diff outdrives are steel! and used with steel dog bones there is absolutely no wear and no need for any cva blade or plastic cushion. ARGHHH

Sorry but the above post triggered this rant.

I've also recently just finished my tc6.1 kit but haven't run it. Still waiting for my electronics. Waiting on a Align DS620 Servo (SAVOX 1258 on steroids rebadged and much cheaper...) and a counterfeit boosted combo haha.

Deciding to run 2 gear diffs, with 300,000 weight oil in the front (yeah racing brand - rcmart) and some hpi heavy duty diff grease for the rear diff (leak proof!)
it looks like you answered your own rant
heavy rear oil is way too much, use 45 shock oil to start and work from there.

I did not break any blades over the whole season on two TC6, even messing with 3racing diff gears.

My outdrives are the same as when I got the car and I run in 10.5t boosted.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default TC6 questions

Hi, Can I get some help with my TC6

I could use a couple beginning setups for 17.5/mod for carpet and asphalt

Also I have some TC5 ft arms and rear hubs and wanted to know are they compatible with TC6 car?

For now I'm running slipper spool (very tight) and yokomo rear gear diff

I could use some initial advice on roll centers to run, wheel base, and link postitions. I haven't run Touring since the TC3 and I did well with it but it seems a very different car since then

Car has black thin roll bars

I am also wondering how many spacers are inbetween rear bulkheads and rear/rear arms. These are aluminum spacers. The ft of rear spacers are about a 1mm but rear seems ab out 3-4mm with 0 rear hubs. I believe I have 4 degree ft castor blocks

Also if TC6.1 has any recommendable upgrades what would you recommend first for me to invest

Also should any outboard hex wheel spacers be acquired?

Thanks for any assistance
Old 01-14-2012, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th

Also I have some TC5 ft arms and rear hubs and wanted to know are they compatible with TC6 car?

I could use some initial advice on roll centers to run, wheel base, and link postitions. I haven't run Touring since the TC3 and I did well with it but it seems a very different car since then

I am also wondering how many spacers are inbetween rear bulkheads and rear/rear arms. These are aluminum spacers. The ft of rear spacers are about a 1mm but rear seems ab out 3-4mm with 0 rear hubs. I believe I have 4 degree ft castor blocks

Also if TC6.1 has any recommendable upgrades what would you recommend first for me to invest

ygpm
Old 01-15-2012, 12:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th

Tc5 arms are the same in fact the 4 corners are the same on 5 and 6, the difference is with 6.1 now.

there is a little 4l and 4r marked on the blocks, so it is easy to check the castor blocks.

If you have a ball diff in the box give it a try on front, or replace the white pads with balls in the front diff, see if this suits better for carpet racing.

After, if you had the basics setup for the TC3, there is not much difference to set the rest, wheelbase, droops etc..is the same.

On 5, I removed the antiroll bars at time but very rarely on 6, you could try to use silver ones too.

There is plenty setup sheets on AE website, take one to start and work from there.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olly986
Tc5 arms are the same in fact the 4 corners are the same on 5 and 6, the difference is with 6.1 now.

there is a little 4l and 4r marked on the blocks, so it is easy to check the castor blocks.

If you have a ball diff in the box give it a try on front, or replace the white pads with balls in the front diff, see if this suits better for carpet racing.

After, if you had the basics setup for the TC3, there is not much difference to set the rest, wheelbase, droops etc..is the same.

On 5, I removed the antiroll bars at time but very rarely on 6, you could try to use silver ones too.

There is plenty setup sheets on AE website, take one to start and work from there.
Thank you for your time
Old 01-15-2012, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by roger999
The axles, bearings, and steering blocks are all different. 6mm vs. 5mm axle size, so you'll need all of these parts. It looks like the axles aren't in stock anywhere yet.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Tc 6.1 help

Hi all
I have a tc6 with rick Howarth low-medium grip asphalt (Jackson r/c) (mod) setup
Only difference is Front blue hpi spring 40 oil and rear FWD arm mount is 0B to give a little kick down and 4 deg caster instead of 6
The car handles great
I copied the exact same setup onto the 6.1 and the car has way to much steering going into a corner and not enough steering mid to exit it also looses the rear end if you change direction left to right to left
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Gear chart..

Anyone knows just how acurate this chart is on the 64 pitch side. Looking to order some spur and pinions for my TC6.1 for 17.5 to get started. Was thinking 106 & 104 spur and diff pinion sizes from 36-52 (whatever ones I can find). Gonna be running 17.5 X12 boosted and non-boosted with LRP stock spec v2 on a 80x48 carpet track. Thanks

http://abram.eu.org/gear_tc6.php
Old 01-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kevin Marcy
The axles, bearings, and steering blocks are all different. 6mm vs. 5mm axle size, so you'll need all of these parts. It looks like the axles aren't in stock anywhere yet.
Thanks. So i think at the moment i can use only c hubs and arms?
Old 01-15-2012, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Can someone please advise of appropriate fdr for 4.5 and 5.5t for tc6?

Cheers
Lookie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.