Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Hey guys. Just got my kit in today. Any build tips? Also, I printed out a few setup sheets from AE website from 2 separate drivers, both used yokomo springs. Is this the norm? If so, I need to get some ordered. Thanks
Old 01-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by olhipster1
+1

thought you asked the same stuff in the TCX thread.
Why don't you just buy the car and just try it. "I want the car" is the most rational reason I can think of.
That is usually my reason for getting a car.
At the end of the day....you Make The Choice.
There is enough information on all the threads to get you in the right direction for setup.
T3'12 it's gonna be than!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cwoods34
If money is no issue, you can choose among Associated, XRAY, Corally, Serpent, Awesomatix, Tamiya....... so pick whichever color you like the best.
Reading these responses, even more the reason to go T3'12.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com
I have TC3's and a TC5. I'd like to get a TC6 or TC6.1.

I understand most of the engineering/tuning improvements in the newer model, but does the TC6 platform drive that much differently than a TC5? Is the handling different? Moreover, is it a huge improvment over the TC5 in those areas? 5% better...50% better... 100% better?

You can tell, I'm trying to justify spending $ for a TC6. I'm not a great driver. Just adequate. I'm concerned that I wouldn't be able to feel much difference and might regret spending the money.

Thanks
The difference between the TC5 and TC6 is huge. You will notice it for sure. The difference between the TC6 and TC6.1 is less. so if you get a great deal on the TC6 i'd go for it.

Originally Posted by cleblanc
Hey guys. Just got my kit in today. Any build tips? Also, I printed out a few setup sheets from AE website from 2 separate drivers, both used yokomo springs. Is this the norm? If so, I need to get some ordered. Thanks
I don't think the Yokomo are necessary. The AE springs works very well or if you would like to extra options the RSD springs are nice. I use these.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Luke Hobson
Personally, I'm not very impressed with the fit of all the parts.
seems the tolerances are way off.

Don't get me wrong, I quite like the car. But unless your willing to work at getting things to fit right, I wouldn't reccomend it.

Just my 2p
Yep, just what I was afraid of.
Had a TC5R before my RDX PHi'09.
It was rubbish.
That doesn't mean TC6.1 is the same, but I'm not taking any chances.
T3'12 is top notch as to production quality and consistancy. The fit is perfect. They have there own forum.

As for you remark. Thanks for that. I know what to do now.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kensei
T3'12 it's gonna be than!
great....
your decision is made....
remember just have fun...no matter what ride you pick
Old 01-13-2012, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The difference between the TC5 and TC6 is huge. You will notice it for sure. The difference between the TC6 and TC6.1 is less. so if you get a great deal on the TC6 i'd go for it.

I don't think the Yokomo are necessary. The AE springs works very well or if you would like to extra options the RSD springs are nice. I use these.
I've used Associated, HPI, XRAY, and Reflex springs all at some point or another...... as long as the rating is correct for the application Personally the XRAY and Reflex have always felt the best to me.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kensei
Yep, just what I was afraid of.
Had a TC5R before my RDX PHi'09.
It was rubbish.
That doesn't mean TC6.1 is the same, but I'm not taking any chances.
T3'12 is top notch as to production quality and consistancy. The fit is perfect. They have there own forum.

As for you remark. Thanks for that. I know what to do now.
It seems strange to base your purchase on one post.
This thread is a goldmine of imformation and views on the tc6/6.1
have you taken into account the cost of spsres.

Good luck anyway !!
Old 01-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justchris
It seems strange to base your purchase on one post.
This thread is a goldmine of imformation and views on the tc6/6.1
have you taken into account the cost of spsres.

Good luck anyway !!
Looks like his mind was already made up..... Was just looking for justification......

Now can we get back on topic?

Question..... What are we liking in front gear diff

I have two at the moment..... One with 500k silicone and one with grease/eraser combo. The silicone feels more tight and consistent...... What should o try for the grease one?
Old 01-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

hello,
does any one know if there are any steel or aluminum outdrives for the tc6.1 spool?
Old 01-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello all , I just picked up my tc6.1 For those who can't decide what tc kit to get here are the reasons why I went with Team Associated.
1. All the pro-level kits are pretty much the same. Layout, carbon fiber, aluminum parts etc.
2. Factory support. Set-up sheets, customer service help, defective parts,etc.
3. Parts availability. LHS, online shops, direct from the manufacturer.
Also the wait time on back order parts.
4. Aftermarket parts support.
5. Team Associated is US based. I live in the US and wanted to support an American manufacturer of rc cars. We need more American rc car companies that produce a high end kits.
6. Not that price was an issue but the tc6.1 is about a hundred dollars less than the other pro kits.

No matter what kit you should get, remember the car is only 20% of the equation. The other 80% is driver skill and proper set up of the car. The factory drivers drives these cars without any problems and blame their loss to bad driving or bad setup.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:11 PM
gom
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

for those of you who tried the new tc6.1 and the old tc6, what is the difference between the new spool and the old slipper spool? performance wise and feel wise.

i am driving a tc6 and the slipper spool seems fine. and it provides a little bit of protection against collisions. is it necessary for me to upgrade to the new spool?

i am asking this because it doesn't make sense for Team Associated to upgrade the slipper spool if it's working as intended. i haven't heard anything really bad about it either. so i thought it might be an upgrade to the performance of the car. just need people who tried both spools to verify that. if it's not a performance upgrade, then why did Team Associated introduced the new spool in their most up to date kit? i am very confused.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gom
for those of you who tried the new tc6.1 and the old tc6, what is the difference between the new spool and the old slipper spool? performance wise and feel wise.

i am driving a tc6 and the slipper spool seems fine. and it provides a little bit of protection against collisions. is it necessary for me to upgrade to the new spool?

i am asking this because it doesn't make sense for Team Associated to upgrade the slipper spool if it's working as intended. i haven't heard anything really bad about it either. so i thought it might be an upgrade to the performance of the car. just need people who tried both spools to verify that. if it's not a performance upgrade, then why did Team Associated introduced the new spool in their most up to date kit? i am very confused.
I was driving both. The performance is the same if the slipper spool is build correctly (it should be tight enough that it don't slips at normal load only when you crash). Many people at my local track drive the TC6 and didn't manage to build it correctly so they got some weird handling issues till we come up its the slipper spool! The new spool is fix and you can't do anything wrong so for many regular drivers its easier to use. The down side is nothing can ''slip'' when you crash....
Old 01-14-2012, 02:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The new spool is also lighter and the cups are replaceable if it ever gets damaged.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

One thing i really don't like about these pro-level cars, is why do they use Aluminium on the drive cups / outdrives.... WHYYYYY!!!!???

Ok, so the main reason is weight... but Seriously.... making them out of steal for a part THAT small is only a few grams more than aluminium.

Alright so you might say once you add in the angular velocity and momentum behind the weight, its multiplied many times over.... but still....

I'm sick of seeing those CVA protector blades break and having STEEL dog bones eat into damn Expensive Alu Drive cups.... Its just so unnecessary!

I have a ta05v2 and the gear diff outdrives are steel! and used with steel dog bones there is absolutely no wear and no need for any cva blade or plastic cushion. ARGHHH

Sorry but the above post triggered this rant.

I've also recently just finished my tc6.1 kit but haven't run it. Still waiting for my electronics. Waiting on a Align DS620 Servo (SAVOX 1258 on steroids rebadged and much cheaper...) and a counterfeit boosted combo haha.

Deciding to run 2 gear diffs, with 300,000 weight oil in the front (yeah racing brand - rcmart) and some hpi heavy duty diff grease for the rear diff (leak proof!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.