Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC6 Thread >

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Scooter79rs
I've never had problems with a motor moving with just two screws, and I've been hit hard enough motor side to have the ESC and Rx to be moved inward by 1 inch.
But that's because you've always used two screw holes on opposite sides of the motor (180deg apart), since that's where the holes are located in all the TC mounts I've ever seen.

As well as allowing you to use holes that are 180deg apart, the TC6 also allows you to use holes that are just 90deg apart, which is something none of us have any experience of.

I'm not suggesting you use all 3 holes at the same time; I'm suggesting that 180deg apart is better than 90deg apart. But it's nice to have both options. If you do a big gearing change in a rush you may not be able to get to the rear screw hole, in which case the bottom screw hole can be used.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

teamassosiated.com got an update, Keven's Timezone Grand Prix and a bunch of new photos...
Old 10-27-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twk-b
teamassosiated.com got an update, Keven's Timezone Grand Prix and a bunch of new photos...
link is mispelled and didn't see any new photos
Old 10-28-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

Just so you guys know the Setup I used at the Timezone GrandPrix few weeks ago has been posted to associateds website (www.rc10.com) and it is very similar to the Setup I used this past week end to win the 2010 Halloween Classic. The main difference, is that I used 5 wt lighter shock oil, and a silver spring up front. Both were on solaris tires but that setup works very well on other tires too.

If you guys have any question just PM me or post on here and I will try my best to answer ! Just thought I would post here so you guys have a starting setup for when the kit arrives.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
link is mispelled and didn't see any new photos
http://teamassociated.com/cars_and_t.../Factory_Team/

sorry on the overview they added some fancy flash thingy with zoom and high res photos of stuff, or atleast I hadnt seen that before...

-b
Old 10-28-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Is the pinion as hard to change on the TC6 as it is on the TC5?

I have the FT TC5 and have it set up for rubber. Are you guys using any of the orings on the top deck ?

The new shocks require Losi 57 for best results?

I want to keep my TC5 as a second car, i love being able to use the screw on the outside of the mounts....can we swap out those mounts to the TC5?

Love the pics of the TC6 on the website but geesh someone could have taken a bit more pride in the build for the pics. Lot of flash on the plastic parts and could have ca'd some of the sides.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by daleburr
But that's because you've always used two screw holes on opposite sides of the motor (180deg apart), since that's where the holes are located in all the TC mounts I've ever seen.

As well as allowing you to use holes that are 180deg apart, the TC6 also allows you to use holes that are just 90deg apart, which is something none of us have any experience of.

I'm not suggesting you use all 3 holes at the same time; I'm suggesting that 180deg apart is better than 90deg apart. But it's nice to have both options. If you do a big gearing change in a rush you may not be able to get to the rear screw hole, in which case the bottom screw hole can be used.
It looks like 3 bolt holes are used because the motor mount plate looks like it is only half the height of the motor instead of the more common almost full height of the front end bell. In a bad crash if only 2 bolts 180 degrees apart are used and the car experiences a sudden stop such as the car going roof first into an object at high speed the motor will rotate around the 2 180 degree mounting bolts and either strip/bend the end bell of the motor and/or bend the motor mount plate since the top half of the motor front end bell is not pressing against anything like it would normally be doing on a taller motor mount. With the 3rd mount hole down low the likelyhood of the motor rotation would be reduced since the bottom of the motor is now captured against the bottom of the motor mount.

Note: all of this is speculation on my part as I don't have a TC6 yet
Old 10-29-2010, 01:14 AM
Tech Regular

for those who have a tc6

i see in the photos on the associated site, the steering arms mount to the BOTTOM of the steering hubs, but on all the other pics the arms mount to the TOP of the hubs.

which is the right way?

i gussing im just haning out for the car and manual, im looking at the pictures very closely

Ed
Old 10-29-2010, 06:55 AM
Tech Regular

OK this is the last working day of October (for us 9-5 Mon-Fri guys!) with Monday being the 1st of November - can someone from Associated please tell us where the TC6 is please...

Have the kits been completed and are they on a boat to us? I have been sitting tight waiting for the new car and having seen one on track it looks worth the wait but the new Xray was announced after the TC6 and is already shipping. The Schumacher Mi4CX which was announced after the TC6 looks like it is going to arrive first.

Surely, if the car is going to arrive in the next few weeks, then it must have been completed and shipped by this stage?
Old 10-29-2010, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

I want a Tc6 some kinda bad.

Rumor has it that my LHS and racetrack will be stocking TOP Photons/parts as of today. I need a car so i can start practicing for mod at The Birds. If i walk in and there are Photons and parts on the shelf... im likely gonna buy one.

I dont want this Tc6 release to be like the Tc3 release... almost three months later than promised, then the car hits the shelf. I dont wanna hit the rug with a car i know nothing about.

So unless someone can cough up a definite SHELF date... i dont think i can wait any longer either.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DaveW
Rumor has it that my LHS and racetrack will be stocking TOP Photons/parts as of today. I need a car so i can start practicing for mod at The Birds. If i walk in and there are Photons and parts on the shelf... im likely gonna buy one.
If that's the case, then the Photon is the way to go... The only reason why I'd get the TC6 is for ease of parts availability. But in my opinion, the Photon is a better car...
Old 10-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I hoped I don't have to write that, but TT (again) delayed the arrival. Now they say it will arrive on november 11th. Thank you
Old 10-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Initiate

One hopes they get released soon in America... As thats where i've ordered mine from lol
Old 10-29-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Armand
If that's the case, then the Photon is the way to go... The only reason why I'd get the TC6 is for ease of parts availability. But in my opinion, the Photon is a better car...
How can you possibly say that at this point. The Photon is a very good car but your talking about a car that hasn't even been released yet. I have seen Keven Herbert's car twice now asphalt and carpet and both times it looked great.

Steve
Old 10-29-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M3Armand
My big thing is parts availability too. Most of the Tc6's parts (likely to break) are already on the shelf at my LHS cause they are Tc5 parts. The Photon is the most popular car at my track, but until now you had to order parts elsewhere.

I have driven a Photon. I like it a lot and see a ton of adjustability and potential with it. I dunno... im torn. If TC's didnt cost so damn much it wouldnt be an issue. You can be up to $600 in a TC easy just having a few spares and options in your box.

Originally Posted by wtcc
I hoped I don't have to write that, but TT (again) delayed the arrival. Now they say it will arrive on november 11th. Thank you
This is what im talkin about. Freekin frustrating. I basically have 8 weeks to practice before Snowbirds.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.