Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC6 Thread >

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 01:19 AM
  #3691  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: France
Posts: 812
Default

Had no problems with reinforced tape, just make sure to round the edges of little carbon battery holder plates.

Change tape every 4/5 packs to be safe, mainly due to dust when blowing car clean
olly986 is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 01:34 AM
  #3692  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 36
Default

can someone help me the wheel base to make it shorter dou change the shims at the front of the a arm and the other side of the a arm at the front as well the to corners and the same at the rear cause i want to ran 1mm shims so for ask a stupid question guys
bunny32 is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 05:47 AM
  #3693  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Big Features's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Currituck, North Carolina
Posts: 1,893
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Zero issues until it decides to let go of your battery in the middle of the main !!! I don't trust them at all; loose top carbon strap holding down a battery that can't move side to side and back and forth is the best solution to me so far ! I went from last in a main to a third place finish because most of the other racers had their batteries fall out, after changing their tape for the main ...Wow....what a waste.....Www
I think I've had a battery fall out once in 20 years.
Big Features is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 07:11 AM
  #3694  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: France
Posts: 812
Default

Originally Posted by bunny32
can someone help me the wheel base to make it shorter dou change the shims at the front of the a arm and the other side of the a arm at the front as well the to corners and the same at the rear cause i want to ran 1mm shims so for ask a stupid question guys
If you want a shorter wheelbase (1mm) put a 1mm shim at the back of front hinge pin and at the front of rear hinge pin.
Hope this answers your query.
olly986 is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 07:29 AM
  #3695  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
cwoods34's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Indy-freakin'-ana
Posts: 1,156
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Big Features
I think I've had a battery fall out once in 20 years.
Agreed, any time the battery has fallen out on me it was my fault. OR I got t-boned so hard that the battery isn't my first concern anyway.
cwoods34 is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 07:31 PM
  #3696  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 36
Default

Originally Posted by olly986
If you want a shorter wheelbase (1mm) put a 1mm shim at the back of front hinge pin and at the front of rear hinge pin.
Hope this answers your query.
olly do u mean put a shim on both ends of the a-arm at the front and the rear as well. on ure set up sheet u have 1mm wheelbase did u make the wheelbase shorter by putting a 1 mm do u know what i mean

Last edited by bunny32; 09-05-2011 at 07:46 PM.
bunny32 is offline  
Old 09-06-2011, 04:20 AM
  #3697  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: France
Posts: 812
Default

Originally Posted by bunny32
olly do u mean put a shim on both ends of the a-arm at the front and the rear as well. on ure set up sheet u have 1mm wheelbase did u make the wheelbase shorter by putting a 1 mm do u know what i mean
Well it depends how short you want it, the shorter would be no shims at all on front of rear arm and at rear of front arm.

then you can have a shim either at the front or rear, if you look at a set up sheet it is fairly well explain, they take the front shim for front and rear shim for rear to give you a spacing measure, then match up another shim on other side of arm so that there is no play.
olly986 is offline  
Old 09-06-2011, 07:31 AM
  #3698  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 36
Default

Originally Posted by olly986
Well it depends how short you want it, the shorter would be no shims at all on front of rear arm and at rear of front arm.

then you can have a shim either at the front or rear, if you look at a set up sheet it is fairly well explain, they take the front shim for front and rear shim for rear to give you a spacing measure, then match up another shim on other side of arm so that there is no play.
ok i got u so on ure set up sheet u got 1 mm wheelbase where did u put the 1mm shim on the a-arm on both side or just one side of the a-arm. if u put it on one side only what size did u use on the other side. im sorry just confussed
r u running short wheelbase or long wheelbase sorry olly
bunny32 is offline  
Old 09-06-2011, 01:25 PM
  #3699  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: France
Posts: 812
Default

Originally Posted by bunny32
ok i got u so on ure set up sheet u got 1 mm wheelbase where did u put the 1mm shim on the a-arm on both side or just one side of the a-arm. if u put it on one side only what size did u use on the other side. im sorry just confussed
r u running short wheelbase or long wheelbase sorry olly
Where did you get my setup sheet?

There is a total space of 3mm all together, so if you use 1mm (as of setup sheet) then you have 2mm on the other side. It might happen that you need to put a very fine shim (metal) if you have too much play but the arm should be "loose"

long or short wheelbase depends on your track, use shorter wheel base for tight twisty track and longer wheelbase for long fast track.
olly986 is offline  
Old 09-06-2011, 09:43 PM
  #3700  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 36
Default

Originally Posted by olly986
Where did you get my setup sheet?

There is a total space of 3mm all together, so if you use 1mm (as of setup sheet) then you have 2mm on the other side. It might happen that you need to put a very fine shim (metal) if you have too much play but the arm should be "loose"

long or short wheelbase depends on your track, use shorter wheel base for tight twisty track and longer wheelbase for long fast track.
i got ure setup sheet from ae site at halifax on the 21/22 august
i got u now but if just say i want to run short wheelbase i need to put a 1mm shim on the a-arm on the rear of the front a-arm and a 2mm at the front of the arm at the front to make that a short wheelbase.

on ure setup sheet u have 1mm on ure wheelbase ok so what do u guys mean by 1mm wheelbase on the front and rear on set up sheet. some guys they say on there setup sheets that they run 2mm at front and 1mm rear what do they mean olly
bunny32 is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 02:49 AM
  #3701  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 13
Default

Hey bunny, swap your shims already, see how it works for you
xagtho is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 04:21 AM
  #3702  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Portugal
Posts: 586
Default



TC6 Portuguese National 13,5T Boosted Champion

All my setups from the year here
jorgesimes is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 05:06 AM
  #3703  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (20)
 
sandsurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lockport, Illinois
Posts: 306
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bunny32
i got ure setup sheet from ae site at halifax on the 21/22 august
i got u now but if just say i want to run short wheelbase i need to put a 1mm shim on the a-arm on the rear of the front a-arm and a 2mm at the front of the arm at the front to make that a short wheelbase.

on ure setup sheet u have 1mm on ure wheelbase ok so what do u guys mean by 1mm wheelbase on the front and rear on set up sheet. some guys they say on there setup sheets that they run 2mm at front and 1mm rear what do they mean olly
The setup sheet shows where wheelbase adjustment is. They are not easy to recognize, so I marked it in yellow, so you can see where it is.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6 Thread-tc6_editable_blank_2010-800x620-.jpg  
sandsurfer is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 06:20 AM
  #3704  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 36
Default

Originally Posted by sandsurfer
The setup sheet shows where wheelbase adjustment is. They are not easy to recognize, so I marked it in yellow, so you can see where it is.
thanks mate for ure help
bunny32 is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 10:43 AM
  #3705  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: France
Posts: 812
Default

Originally Posted by bunny32
thanks mate for ure help
Yep we take these positions to set our wheelbase setup and fill the opposite side with another spacer like Sandsurfer showed you.

Well done Jorge !!!
olly986 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.