Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 03:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi,

couple of things to check.
check the glue on the tyres it might be that the tyre is balloning off the rim and this is caouseing the vibration.

check the bearing is in the hubs they can break and shatter. if they are broken you won't see the vibration with the wheels off as there is no load. you will with the wheels on though.

cvd can bind but mainly this couses chetter in the front only. check the centres of the cvs for wear and the pins
Old 03-13-2011, 03:25 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks for the info. This is a brand new build so it could be something that i've done. Could chassie/bulk head allignment cause this? Although everything looks spot on.
It is a 2nd hand set of tires though so could be that. It's been years since i raced (mi2ec)!

I'll check for ballooning in the tires. I know this was a common issue with 1/8 Nitro. when the foams broke down the tires would cause vibrations.

thanks
Old 03-13-2011, 03:59 AM
Tech Initiate

all right lads,
i'm looking for some help setting up for the moto-arena in the uk, i have only ever raced on carpet and am taking my car next weekend, i'm running Olly Jefferies set up for Ardent at the moment.

And a set up for my tekin would help as well, i'm running 13.5 and i guess i need a FDR of about 4.5.

p.s

i had a good run yesterday, winning the Schumacher on road round 6 in nottingham, the tc6 put on a grate show as i 2 better drivers than me, but the car held up well and finished every run strong to end up with the over all win.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

has anyone sourced a non-countersink top deck?
Old 03-13-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by carl_Bennetts
Hi,

I have noticed my TC6 has quiet bad vibration when turning from half to full lock. This is mainly when at full speed. It seems with the wheels off the vibration isn't really noticeable but with the wheels on it's like the car is shaking apart.

Badly balanced wheels?
maybe the cvd's binding?
or is this normal when under load?

Thanks,

Carl
I have the same thing on a new build, I think that the CVD's bind beyond half turning radius. I turned the DR down until the chatter stopped. I will try the car for the first time today, I will let you know how it turns. I'm thinking that full lock is not needed with an AWD.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MDawson
Sorry to be pedantic but just flip it over
Old 03-13-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
I could send you a CAD-file and you go CNC your own
Old 03-13-2011, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
Sorry to be pedantic but just flip it over
No apologies. It is already flipped!

Looking for a different solution
Old 03-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wtcc
I could send you a CAD-file and you go CNC your own
Thanks for the offer. Will check with the Exotek guys and let you know
Old 03-13-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carl_Bennetts
Hi,

I have noticed my TC6 has quiet bad vibration when turning from half to full lock. This is mainly when at full speed. It seems with the wheels off the vibration isn't really noticeable but with the wheels on it's like the car is shaking apart.

Badly balanced wheels?
maybe the cvd's binding?
or is this normal when under load?

Thanks,

Carl
This seems to be a problem with the AE unis. Try running no set screw on the CVD and glue the retainer ring in place. This reduces vibration quite a bit.

You should set-up your car with about 70-75% (I go sometimes all the way to 85%) steering throw/ dual rate to minimize this further. If you are lacking steering, going to a more aggressive ackerman setting should give back the steering you are looking for.

On a side note, on asphalt the wheel chatter makes less of a difference than on carpet.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:37 AM
Tech Initiate

my tc6. This is my first ever tidy install with short wires.

Last edited by carl_Bennetts; 03-13-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:50 AM
Tech Initiate

i stripped the front hubs to see if there was anything i could do about the chatter/vibration. I found the little blue collar that sits in the hub to be rubbing on the CVD, only slightly but i could see metal colour not blue. Would it hurt to remove this bearing spacers?

As a test it seemed to help me a little at least but i'm not sure if i should leave them out?
Old 03-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Does anyone know if the servo saver tube assembly is the same on the tc6 as the tc5? Somehow i managed to strip the threads on my tc5 and cant find one in stock. Its a different part number but the tc6 includes the nut and the tc5 doesnt so i dont know if that s the reason for the difference.

thanks
Old 03-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default shock length

anyone have to lengthen the rear shocks to get the right droop? i had to go three turn out. this is a new build...
Old 03-13-2011, 10:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey do you guys notice that when you turn while your on the throttle that the wheels vibrate alot? I realize that it's the CVA axel's. Do you guys know if there is any better one's that will prevent the vibration in the front wheel's? i heard some of the guys are running Xray CVA, do you guys know which one's they are, and would i have to do any modification to make them work? maybe you guys have a part number, or maybe there are some different ones out there. maybe some 3 points CVA axel's? i really dont know what im looking for so maybe you guys can give me some help here. Thank you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.