Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC6 Thread >

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 02:59 PM
  #1591  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Buckaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 1,576
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mugenize1
So we should be able to use this part from the TC5 and put the screw from the inside the only problem I see is that it will have to be threaded on the bulkhead also, would this cause a problem you guys think.
I wouldn't, no real way to ensure that everything is tight and indexed properly.
Buckaroo is offline  
Old 01-27-2011, 03:28 PM
  #1592  
F-1
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Russia
Posts: 260
Default

Hello!
What parts should I have and what parts is most breakable?
Thanks!
F-1 is offline  
Old 01-27-2011, 03:38 PM
  #1593  
Tech Initiate
 
muststopcrashin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: nottingham, uk
Posts: 32
Default

i've got to say, so far i've only broke/lost a drive shaft pin, and i hit everything,but i have just been looking over my car and seem to have lots of play in my wheel bearings.has any 1 elts got this
muststopcrashin is offline  
Old 01-27-2011, 03:47 PM
  #1594  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Buckaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 1,576
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

The only thing that I've actually broken on my 6 is a left rear hub....bad enough that I also broke the outer race on the outer wheel bearing. All my fault, didn't get set for the dog leg on the track properly! All in all, I've found it to be more durable than my 5 ever was.
Buckaroo is offline  
Old 01-27-2011, 05:26 PM
  #1595  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (23)
 
slicendice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 314
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by devilsquid
Anyone know of someone with a tc6 for sale?
LOL So u finally justifiied it (Tc6)

,Drew
slicendice is offline  
Old 01-28-2011, 01:50 AM
  #1596  
Tech Master
 
daleburr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Posts: 1,091
Default

Originally Posted by muststopcrashin
i've got to say, so far i've only broke/lost a drive shaft pin, and i hit everything,but i have just been looking over my car and seem to have lots of play in my wheel bearings.has any 1 elts got this
There is a bit of play between the bearings and the hubs even on brand new parts. The solution is to score the surface of the hub with a knife which will make the bearing a tight fit. See OJs guide http://cmldistribution.co.uk/news.php?view=0000001651

Some 5mm shim washers to get rid of any end-float on the driveshafts also helps; there are some included in the kit but I needed a bit more on the rear to get rid of the play.

If you do those two things there will be almost no slop at all and the car will feel a lot nicer.
daleburr is offline  
Old 01-28-2011, 02:46 AM
  #1597  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Perth, Australia.
Posts: 1,343
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
The only thing that I've actually broken on my 6 is a left rear hub....bad enough that I also broke the outer race on the outer wheel bearing. All my fault, didn't get set for the dog leg on the track properly! All in all, I've found it to be more durable than my 5 ever was.
I'm yet to break something on my 6 and mine has flown into a fence a few times and a person!
Scooter79rs is offline  
Old 01-28-2011, 06:19 AM
  #1598  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Station in Va.Beach but Texas is home
Posts: 326
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Drew, no but I do have my momments of weakness and if the right deal came along well I guess I would own one.lol
devilsquid is offline  
Old 01-28-2011, 08:28 AM
  #1599  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east coast
Posts: 34
Default Another quicky...

Could a couple of you please recommend a servo for this car? Planning on racing spec class (outside/rubber) till I can drive and then stepping up to the next level here in West Palm Beach. A Spektrum dx3s is in the mail.

I've been told something .10 or faster will make me happy, but that is all I know. Low profile, high speed, digital, high torque, titanium gears, uhhhh....yeah...I just know I need one to steer!

Building up the car now and this thread has already been very helpful.

Thanks for your help!
cvlooper is offline  
Old 01-28-2011, 08:34 AM
  #1600  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,789
Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cvlooper
Could a couple of you please recommend a servo for this car? Planning on racing spec class (outside/rubber) till I can drive and then stepping up to the next level here in West Palm Beach. A Spektrum dx3s is in the mail.

I've been told something .10 or faster will make me happy, but that is all I know. Low profile, high speed, digital, high torque, titanium gears, uhhhh....yeah...I just know I need one to steer!

Building up the car now and this thread has already been very helpful.

Thanks for your help!
Most of the AE guys are running the xp digital DS1015

Price is reasonable and the servo is bullet proof.
Josh Hohnstein is offline  
Old 01-28-2011, 09:00 AM
  #1601  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east coast
Posts: 34
Default

It appears to be a best seller...
cvlooper is offline  
Old 01-28-2011, 09:33 AM
  #1602  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
twk-b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: calgary
Posts: 379
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by F-1
Hello!
What parts should I have and what parts is most breakable?
Thanks!
caster blocks and steering arms (usally stripping out because of the caster block breakage) are the only things that break really in SS TC, maybe the occasional rear hub if you like to throw it into the corners...in 17.5 or VTA the car is pretty indestructible...

-b
twk-b is offline  
Old 01-28-2011, 10:06 AM
  #1603  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Buckaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 1,576
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cvlooper
Could a couple of you please recommend a servo for this car? Planning on racing spec class (outside/rubber) till I can drive and then stepping up to the next level here in West Palm Beach. A Spektrum dx3s is in the mail.

I've been told something .10 or faster will make me happy, but that is all I know. Low profile, high speed, digital, high torque, titanium gears, uhhhh....yeah...I just know I need one to steer!

Building up the car now and this thread has already been very helpful.

Thanks for your help!
I'm running a Savox 1251, and it's working perfectly, and priced right.
Buckaroo is offline  
Old 01-28-2011, 01:37 PM
  #1604  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (101)
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,707
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
I'm running a Savox 1251, and it's working perfectly, and priced right.
Are Savox servos quiet, I have heard that they make some noise, if true, is it all the time or just when there is a load. I like quiet servos

Thanks,
Steve
corallyman is offline  
Old 01-28-2011, 02:00 PM
  #1605  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Mowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 22
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by corallyman
Are Savox servos quiet, I have heard that they make some noise, if true, is it all the time or just when there is a load. I like quiet servos

Thanks,
Steve
I also run a Savox mg1251 servo. It is awesome, but I haven't heard a louder servo. It only really barks with a load though.
Mowell is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.