Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KO PROPO VFS-2000J vs Keyence ZERO series

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 04:14 AM
Tech Initiate

KO PROPO VFS-2000J vs Keyence ZERO series

I am planning to buy an ESC that can be used either for stock or mod motor.
What do you think is better KO PROPO VFS-2000J or Keyence ZERO series?
Old 05-27-2004, 05:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am assuming you are comparing th vfs to the zero extreme?

I haven't used the vfs but i have used the unit below it. can't remember its name... worked good but little adjustment...

I now use the zero extreme... very efficent... onboard tuning with digital display. good stuff...
Old 05-27-2004, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

I used to run Tekin, long time ago, then went to the old Cyclones, then LRP, then Kyence, now KO. I actually got a KO when I first signed with them, but couldnt figure out the setup deal thing. So I got rid of it, then bought another Quantum, then got rid of that, and got a Kyence. That was a really nice speedo, it did have a lot of adjustability, as far as freq. settings on throttle AND brake, but compared to the Ko, the freq. setting would be one linier setting all the way across the throttle path (if you understand that), as in set it at 4000khz or hz, which ever, and at a tiny bit of throttle, it would be 4000, half way would be 4000, and full throttle would be 4000, same applies with the brake, and the setting you select for it. The Ko on the other hand, splits the throttlw path into 32 steps, the smallest amount of throttle being step 1, to full being 32. Then they give you 32 different frequency settings for EACH of those 32 steps across the throttle path. Basically you can make a curved path, and path that is straight across (the speedo comes preset to step 17(freq.) all the way across from step 1 to 32 (throttle)). Or what a lot of guys like, is starting off with it real smooth(efficient), then as you get some power down, it makes it more torquey, then as you increase to full, it goes back to way efficient(since as full throttle there is no need for torque). I have heard that the G7 is very smooth, but you do not have near the adjustment on it as you do the ko. Ko will be releasing a new speedo later this year, maybe early next year. As far as details, it will be much smaller, and I don't know anything else. I would buy a Ko, but that is me. If you do, buy the Hand held programmer also (you can buy them in a set package). If you take a laptop to the track, get the computer link and software. If you do get one, let me know, and I can send you some setups over the internet, that you can view with the software (I think you can download the software on their site for free).