R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   KO PROPO VFS-2000J vs Keyence ZERO series (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/41452-ko-propo-vfs-2000j-vs-keyence-zero-series.html)

hamba 05-27-2004 04:56 AM

KO PROPO VFS-2000J vs Keyence ZERO series

I am planning to buy an ESC that can be used either for stock or mod motor.
What do you think is better KO PROPO VFS-2000J or Keyence ZERO series?

rc-zombies 05-27-2004 09:45 AM

I have both and they're both great speedos...

I like the Zero...you don't need a external program unit to set profiles plus you don't need to run any diode or capacitors.

the VFS is great..but to utilize its full potential you'll need to seperately purchase the handheld setting adapter or PC cable.

True R/C Racing 05-27-2004 09:46 AM

Zero!:nod:

rcpaintinpete 05-27-2004 05:06 PM

keyence

Originally posted by True R/C Racing
Zero!:nod:
0v rocks :deathstar

EAMotorsports 05-27-2004 08:50 PM

Ive had both...No comparison...KO all the way!!

EA

True R/C Racing 05-27-2004 09:04 PM

Originally posted by EAMotorsports
Ive had both...No comparison...KO all the way!!

EA

If I was sponsored by Ko I would say the Same:nod: :smile: (Im guessing you run for them since in ur sig)

EAMotorsports 05-27-2004 09:31 PM

Yes but to be honost I havent even gotten one from them since I was picked up...I had already bought 3 before then.:nod: Also I would never run something I didnt truely believe in!! Just because someone offers you a sponsorship doesnt mean you have to take it. If Novak were to offer me a deal I would say no...Simply because I dont care for their current speedo's.

EA

=MisFitz= NuKe 05-28-2004 04:57 PM

huh, I thought I already posted in here, was my post deleted???

anyways, here is what I wrote...

I used to run Tekin, long time ago, then went to the old Cyclones, then LRP, then Kyence, now KO. I actually got a KO when I first signed with them, but couldnt figure out the setup deal thing. So I got rid of it, then bought another Quantum, then got rid of that, and got a Kyence. That was a really nice speedo, it did have a lot of adjustability, as far as freq. settings on throttle AND brake, but compared to the Ko, the freq. setting would be one linier setting all the way across the throttle path (if you understand that), as in set it at 4000khz or hz, which ever, and at a tiny bit of throttle, it would be 4000, half way would be 4000, and full throttle would be 4000, same applies with the brake, and the setting you select for it. The Ko on the other hand, splits the throttlw path into 32 steps, the smallest amount of throttle being step 1, to full being 32. Then they give you 32 different frequency settings for EACH of those 32 steps across the throttle path. Basically you can make a curved path, and path that is straight across (the speedo comes preset to step 17(freq.) all the way across from step 1 to 32 (throttle)). Or what a lot of guys like, is starting off with it real smooth(efficient), then as you get some power down, it makes it more torquey, then as you increase to full, it goes back to way efficient(since as full throttle there is no need for torque). I have heard that the G7 is very smooth, but you do not have near the adjustment on it as you do the ko. Ko will be releasing a new speedo later this year, maybe early next year. As far as details, it will be much smaller, and I don't know anything else. I would buy a Ko, but that is me. If you do, buy the Hand held programmer also (you can buy them in a set package). If you take a laptop to the track, get the computer link and software. If you do get one, let me know, and I can send you some setups over the internet, that you can view with the software (I think you can download the software on their site for free)

orangbaligila 05-28-2004 09:41 PM

I found KO VFS is foolproof for fools like mee :sweat: never set it up since I bought it from a friend,... and it works just fine,.... the variable frequency system (that's VFS, hehehe) really helps,...

but i'd love to try Keyence when I have some extra money,.. anything more expensive than "stock" competition nitro engines is a serious buy,...

hamba 05-31-2004 02:24 AM

Thanks Guys.
I decided to buy KO with PC interface. This ESC is great, I can set freq the way I like. Right know, I just need some setup to make this work on limit. Any setup would be appreciated. Tx.

=MisFitz= NuKe 05-31-2004 01:59 PM

what are you running, mod or stock, or 19 turn. I can not post right now, I am off to the movies, but I can help you out with set-ups for different motors, especially low-turn mods.

hamba 06-01-2004 02:21 AM

Right now, i'm just playing in stock 23T and planning to play in mod 9T or 8T. Any setup will be appreciated.
Btw, it's hard for me to find Schottky Diode since we only have view hobby shops here.:( :( :( Do you know how many amps and volt do I need to put on small turn motor? So I can find Schottky Diode replacement here. Tx.;)

JayBee 06-06-2004 01:26 AM

Originally posted by hamba
Thanks Guys.
I decided to buy KO with PC interface. This ESC is great, I can set freq the way I like. Right know, I just need some setup to make this work on limit. Any setup would be appreciated. Tx.

DANG!!
i thought you were going for the Keyence :(

hamba 06-07-2004 07:40 AM

Sorry JayBee, our LHS only sells KO...:cry: :cry:

Merciless 06-07-2004 02:19 PM

Something you guys may want to consider .......

I bought my VFS 2000j on the 20th april and left it in it's pretty box until last week when i installed it in my new 12th car ( crc Bloody Knife).

It ran prefect for the first 2 runs and then started to cut out on me. To the point i couldn't get it to go for the finial.

Post on the VFS thread for help and get told by "Ko Staff" i probably blow the fet's because i had only used the provided diode in the packaging and not another 4/6 needed for the 12 turn motor i was using ????????? (it mentioned this no were in the instructions)

I then get contacted by KO usa themselves (i presume KoStaff on the forums ?) they say i should contact helgar racing uk for a repairs for items not bought in the USA. I reply says i bought it from Speedtech they reply saying Still won't help as there is only a product defect warranty with there speed controls and its my fault for not using enough diodes ?? Also shipping would be expensive. Oh and best of all i should have done some "homework" on the speedo before use.... i suspose they mean trauling the internet for information they should have included in the manual but forgot so as to stop me blowing it ??

JayBee 06-07-2004 07:09 PM

Originally posted by Merciless
Something you guys may want to consider .......

I bought my VFS 2000j on the 20th april and left it in it's pretty box until last week when i installed it in my new 12th car ( crc Bloody Knife).

It ran prefect for the first 2 runs and then started to cut out on me. To the point i couldn't get it to go for the finial.

Post on the VFS thread for help and get told by "Ko Staff" i probably blow the fet's because i had only used the provided diode in the packaging and not another 4/6 needed for the 12 turn motor i was using ????????? (it mentioned this no were in the instructions)

I then get contacted by KO usa themselves (i presume KoStaff on the forums ?) they say i should contact helgar racing uk for a repairs for items not bought in the USA. I reply says i bought it from Speedtech they reply saying Still won't help as there is only a product defect warranty with there speed controls and its my fault for not using enough diodes ?? Also shipping would be expensive. Oh and best of all i should have done some "homework" on the speedo before use.... i suspose they mean trauling the internet for information they should have included in the manual but forgot so as to stop me blowing it ??

DAMN MAN-- THAT SUCKS!!; have you tried talking to Steve @ Speedtech?
I don't know if he can do for you, but go ahead & give him a try.
SORRY MAN -- I know you shelled out a handful for that KO. If you can't get it remedied, what are you going to replace it with (possibly the Keyence ;) )

Merciless 06-07-2004 07:33 PM

Originally posted by JayBee
DAMN MAN-- THAT SUCKS!!; have you tried talking to Steve @ Speedtech?
I don't know if he can do for you, but go ahead & give him a try.
SORRY MAN -- I know you shelled out a handful for that KO. If you can't get it remedied, what are you going to replace it with (possibly the Keyence ;) )

Steve as always has been great

Speaking to Mr Hara at KO japan now maybe he'll be more helpful ?

JayBee 06-07-2004 08:31 PM

Originally posted by Merciless
Steve as always has been great

Speaking to Mr Hara at KO japan now maybe he'll be more helpful ?

yeah, Steve is a great guy; I've ordered alot of stuff from him.
most recently, if Steve would of had the Novak Smart Tray in stock, I would have got but I got it from a different source. :D

Hopefully something can get going for you ;)