Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to SpeedDesignz

Tc3 with a warpspeed demon 2 conversion. I've owned a few cars :

Losi xxxs - very smooth and consistant

Pro 3 - piece of crap

Pro 4 - Handles very close to the converted tc3 put replacement
parts issue on the Pro 4 is retarded.

Alex Barracuda - Kinda twitchy, and the $85 chassis delaminates real easy if you get hacked at your track. Car also seemed unpredictable.

I've never driven the Xray so I can't help you there. But driving the demon tc3 for the first time my lap times improved a whole second down the whole board. The car almost drives itself !

Now bear in mind this all depends on the track you race at (indoors, outdoors, carpet, aphalt, ect.. ) The cuda is supposed to be awesome on asphalt. The track I race at is a huge indoor carpet layout.
Also each car is going to drive different in each persons hand. ( some may have more finess going into turns and some may be more agressive.) I've seen a few xray's run at our track at some of our trophy events and they seem to do quite well.

It all comes down to 3 things

surface you race on
driving style
parts availability.

Good luck on whatever you choose !!
Old 05-30-2004, 06:15 AM   #62
Tech Master

Keep the info coming guys

Some guys from another town were at my club racing today with Pro4's and i must say they were very impressive.

They also had a member of their club had an xray and he had lots of breakages and had to wait 2 months for a replacement belt...
azenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 05:11 PM   #63
Tech Addict

Get a Xray.I have had my Pro4 two months and still no arms!!Now the Japan sites are out of them. I have seen the FK run and I am very impressed. It will be my next car.
CraigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 10:57 AM   #64
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Pro 4 - hands down!

Quote:
Originally posted by azenis
Some guys from another town were at my club racing today with Pro4's and i must say they were very impressive.

They also had a member of their club had an xray and he had lots of breakages and had to wait 2 months for a replacement belt...
I think you just answered your own question! If, you need further proof, drive both cars w/ the stock set-up and see which one you like?! Parts are becoming more avail. for both cars / brands. Just remember - anytime a new kit is released and people flock to it, you'll be hard pressed to get parts as everyone else is doing the same thing! Hpi, more than likely, had no ideal the car would take off the way it did! Especially, after all of the complaints about the Pro 3 and people saying that would be the LAST Hpi car they would buy! Oh well, I guess they (Hpi) should've known better. Damn those "closet" Hpi lovers!!!

Oh yeah, I had the original T1 a year after it was released and still had to search high and low for parts - and I wasn't the only one! How soon we forget.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 11:28 AM   #65
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless

Parts are only a problem for X-ray in the UK when something new is released for the first couple of months.

But to be fair to X-ray thats only because the racers get such good information on new release bits though there web site that everyone is trying to be the first to have them !!!!

I can't think of another manufacture that gives there customers such good back up as X-ray

On there forums you get the heads up on all new releases, new bits, prototype parts, Set-up information from there pro's etc. etc the list of good things about X-ray is endless ...................... and i go and race a CUDA
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 11:59 AM   #66
Tech Elite

The only parts issues i had with xray was with their upgrades. Spares weren't really a problem. Between the two cars I still prefer the pro 4 but if I had to have a belt car, the xray would be it.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 12:18 PM   #67
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

XRAY, simple choice

The ONE that DIES with the Most Toys WINS!!!
ICEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 01:56 PM   #68
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Merciless
the racers get such good information on new release bits though there web site that everyone is trying to be the first to have them !!!!

I can't think of another manufacture that gives there customers such good back up as X-ray

On there forums you get the heads up on all new releases, new bits, prototype parts, Set-up information from there pro's etc. etc the list of good things about X-ray is endless ...................... and i go and race a CUDA
I agree to a point... Yes, Xray / Serpent may just have the best customer support in the business. Although, I think they piss their buyers off, by putting out new kits every 6 months! I know some "Freedom of Choice" and 705 owners walking around with frowns, right now.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
Old 06-01-2004, 02:01 PM   #69
Tech Addict

And thats any better then Tamiya? At least with Xray the new parts interchange with the older models.
CraigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 02:21 PM   #70
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless

Quote:
Originally posted by kewdawg
I agree to a point... Yes, Xray / Serpent may just have the best customer support in the business. Although, I think they piss their buyers off, by putting out new kits every 6 months! I know some "Freedom of Choice" and 705 owners walking around with frowns, right now.
"Freedom of Choice" was released on the 24/03/03

I think the Factory kit became available about April this yr in the states and the far east??
and in the UK just last month so i'd say there releasing a "NEW" kit about once a year and then only an updated version that joe who already got an X-RAY can up-grade too.

Can't see HPI,Losi,AE or Schumacher showing it's customers that sort of commitment or progression.They just dump the last kit and release a new one.

Sorry but i think your statements are unfounded and wrong

Don't know anything about the 705 though to be fair
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 11:16 PM   #71
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Merciless
Sorry but i think your statements are unfounded and wrong
"Unfounded"? I wasn't giving an accual time-line, Merci... . I was simply trying to make the point, that Xray releases more exspensive goodies on their customers, before some of them can catch their breath. Even if, your date is accurate, the fact remains that the Evo 2 was released less than a year before and people bought up all those high priced hop-ups - just to have Xray release them in a kit.

I've always liked Xray, but I think they're a little excessive with their prices and marketing tactics. The end user tends to feel like they're getting "hosed".

Old 06-02-2004, 02:05 AM   #72
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by kewdawg
"Unfounded"? I wasn't giving an accual time-line, Merci... . I was simply trying to make the point, that Xray releases more exspensive goodies on their customers, before some of them can catch their breath. Even if, your date is accurate, the fact remains that the Evo 2 was released less than a year before and people bought up all those high priced hop-ups - just to have Xray release them in a kit.

I've always liked Xray, but I think they're a little excessive with their prices and marketing tactics. The end user tends to feel like they're getting "hosed".
To clear things up for you the Evo 2 was released well over a year before. You are thinking of the Evo 2 FOC which was the Evo 2 with the added c hub suspension. And he IS right on his release date. They did bring out the T1R 6 months before but that was a lower priced kit that could still win races. As far as excessive on prices, have you ever built a Xray? Nuff said. They are the best cars I have ever built. They go together better than any other car on the market. You can ask any of the Xray owners on this website if they feel they got hosed. Garranttee that most of them don't. Besides all the cars are the SAME. All parts will fit with all the cars. I don't know of any other manufacurers that can claim that with the exception of Alex Racing. (most parts of the R2 fit the R3) And if you look many people are spending even more money to build a TC3, XXXS, or SD to get them to compete with the Xrays.

BTW you can buy a T1R for roughly $200 new and whoop up on a FT TC3. I don't think that's excessive.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 02:23 AM   #73
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoSkyline17
As far as excessive on prices, have you ever built a Xray? Nuff said. They are the best cars I have ever built. They go together better than any other car on the market.
Except Tamiya. Tamiyas (especially the high end ones that competes with the XRay) are as good if not better.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 02:26 AM   #74
Tech Master

Ya Tamiya's are the only cars I haven't owned. I want to get a TRF 415 but I'm afraid that by the time i have the money the 416 will be out.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 02:31 AM   #75
tornado

FK FK FK FK FK FK FK FK FK FK FK FK FK FK FK FK FK FK FK FK