azenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 06:41 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200

Quote:
Originally posted by Super Steve
I HATE saddle packs...
I find they are a pain to deal with
I find it a pain to deal with the weight balance issue caused by one sided packs, moreover when the car is shaft driven and suffers from torque steer.

On the track a saddle car is better balanced than a one sided pack car, and that's the important thing. If you're not dumb and end up short cutting them, the batteries are not such a pain to deal with. After all, if you're late for your heat, you're not prepared enough and you won't win anyway .
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 06:55 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by azenis

Would I need to buy aluminuim shock bodies if I got the xray?
I've been running an Evo2 FOC since January and just recently purchased a FK, and I've never had a problem with the plastic shock bodies.

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 09:38 AM   #19
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless

Right, first off thanks Cobra81li200 for pointing out that Pro4 is quite obviously retarded or something for saying something so very stupid

I just assumed anyone with ANY r/c know how would understand i meant cells down one side of the chassis or split either side, suspose there's no accounting for some people

I have found that on my Cuda i need 85grams on the motor side of the car to balance it After saying that it still falls below the minimium weight JUST
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 09:43 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing

Xray..... Why bother with something else?
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 09:58 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had an xray and now have a pro4. The quality of the pro 4 is up there with the xray imo. Parts availability was an issue with Xray for a long time as well and it seems that finally cleared up. If you can get better support for xray in your town, go with the xray, if not, get what you like as they're just different means to the same end.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 10:02 AM   #22
Tech Apprentice

Default Well.. :-)

You know what? Throw both of them out (don't take this the wrong way guys.. they are both great looking cars... I think the Pro 4 looks slightly better) and get the FTC3 and a BMI chassis.

By the way fellows, I wasn't intending this to be another point to argue, just stating my opinion. Please don't be a Klugscheisser and tell me about how he only mentioned two cars. He said he might have to mail order anyway, and if that is the case then I suggest the going with Associated.

At any rate, you'll get a sweet ride. There is so much good stuff out there.
Committed88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 10:03 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing
Default Re: Well.. :-)

Quote:
Originally posted by Committed88
You know what? Throw both of them out (don't take this the wrong way guys.. they are both great looking cars... I think the Pro 4 looks slightly better) and get the FTC3 and a BMI chassis.

By the way fellows, I wasn't intending this to be another point to argue, just stating my opinion. Please don't be a Klugscheisser and tell me about how he only mentioned two cars. He said he might have to mail order anyway, and if that is the case then I suggest the going with Associated.

but...but... He said Xray or Pro4
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 10:03 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Well.. :-)

Quote:
Originally posted by Committed88

I have a pro 4 with the BMI chassis. So there.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 10:06 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by True R/C Racing
Xray..... Why bother with something else?
Because the Pro 4 is simply a beast! Xray put out the Factory Team to stop the bleeding. The Pro 4's total domination has been delayed, only by parts availability. Get on board and ride with the touring car all others are scrambling to beat!

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 10:25 AM   #26
Tech Master

I'd give the nod to the HPI Pro4 if you run a tight track

I run the Tamiya equivelent to the Pro 4 (Evo3 Surikarn) and it is a great outdoor car. My dad runs the Tamiya eqivielent to the Xray (TRF 414 M2) and that thing will stick a pass wherever you put it. It is soooo balenced

I'd suggest getting a ball diff for the front if you got any comp. level touring car, Diffs/1-ways are good tuning options. I've had better luck driving a belt car with a one-way than I've had running a shaft with a one-way. Belts have the smoothness while shafts have the get-up and go.

Depends on your style
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 10:29 AM   #27
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by kewdawg
Because the Pro 4 is simply a beast! Xray put out the Factory Team to stop the bleeding. The Pro 4's total domination has been delayed, only by parts availability. Get on board and ride with the touring car all others are scrambling to beat!
There's nothing such wrong. There's absolutely no dominant car on the market performance wise.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:29 AM   #28
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Merciless
Right, first off thanks Cobra81li200 for pointing out that Pro4 is quite obviously retarded or something for saying something so very stupid

I just assumed anyone with ANY r/c know how would understand i meant cells down one side of the chassis or split either side, suspose there's no accounting for some people

I have found that on my Cuda i need 85grams on the motor side of the car to balance it After saying that it still falls below the minimium weight JUST
You're welcome teammate...
Old 05-27-2004, 11:37 AM   #29
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Xray

-The car is much better balanced than any batts on one side car
-The parts are extremely tough, probably the ONLY thing you'll break on it are front c-hubs.
-There are several shops, hobby shops and online, that carry parts if you need them. Kraig @ KT Hobbies just got a full shipment of xray parts and will continue to stock them www.kthobbies.com , another is Stormer Hobbies, and of course you can order direct through Xray, also.
-The Factory Kit's performance is second to none, those who say belt cars don't have rip should take the wheel of one of these.
-The VIP card you get gives you access to hundreds of setups from drivers all over the world, along with forums to ask questions on.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 12:08 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray

I couldnt have said it any better, lol.
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote