R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-10-2004, 08:03 AM   #181
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by John Fontaine
Doc? My boy? What are you smoking. I don't think I've ever had more than a 2 sentence conversation with him. Lay the smack down on him. Hope you got your glitching worked out.
Johnny Propane, in da' house! Yeah, I figured i'd get your attention with that one! The weather's gonna be pretty nice, are you sure you can't catch a stomach ache? The points weeks has been moved to this Saturday, due to the rain last week. How much more incentive do you need? I have more.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 08:14 AM   #182
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by AdR|aN
kewdawg.
For all you know, this guy here prays, eat and shit tamiya man.
And maybe even hug tamiya to sleep.
No offence to all tamiya people out there but there are cars out there with the same or even better finish then some tamiya cars.
I just editted my last post, to elaborate further. I think you maybe right about him. Maybe, he's one of those "crusaders", I mentioned earlier. R/C racing's full of them.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
Old 06-10-2004, 08:16 AM   #183
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by 840918001
I have also built a tamiya Evo 3.

The quality of the x-ray and hpi are both superior to the quality of the tamiya.

Tamiya cars have a lot of play on the suspension wich causes lousy behavior on the track.

If you want to win and you're not a factory driver then you have to choose a X-ray or a Pro 4!

the only reason why the tamiya's are doing well during races is because they have good factory drivers wich all use new material every practice and race!
Well said.

Old 06-10-2004, 08:19 AM   #184
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default HeeHee

Quote:
Originally posted by 840918001
I have also built a tamiya Evo 3.

The quality of the x-ray and hpi are both superior to the quality of the tamiya.

Tamiya cars have a lot of play on the suspension wich causes lousy behavior on the track.

If you want to win and you're not a factory driver then you have to choose a X-ray or a Pro 4!

the only reason why the tamiya's are doing well during races is because they have good factory drivers wich all use new material every practice and race!
And not to mention almost a new car every 6 months or so
VerOn_Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 09:18 AM   #185
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by trf racer
so have you built all 3 cars?
if you havent how can you comment?
i have built x-rays and pro4's for customers plus many others like losi's TC3 etc and my personal view is that none of them comes even close to tamiya kits.
I've built all three. Xray is nice but they nickle and dime you to death with all their upgrades. Pro 4 is one of the best values on the market today and I run away screaming from Tamiya... my worst r/c experiences have been with tamiya kits.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 09:32 AM   #186
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
Xray is nice but they nickle and dime you to death with all their upgrades. Pro 4 is one of the best values on the market today.
You just summed up, everything I've been trying to say, from the beginning! It only took SEVEN pages!!! Thanks, man.

Old 06-10-2004, 10:40 AM   #187
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 840918001

Quote:
I disagree, I think they are on the same level of quality.

Quote:
Again, I disagree, all cars develop slop after being run hard. Just ask XXXS and TC3 guys, who change their ball cups to RPM from the get go. Slop occurs on ALL cars, my Pro4 developed slop in its ball ends, and suspension mounts after two race meets.

Quote:
Uh huh...right....

Quote:
And you know this how?

Last edited by RCBuddha; 06-10-2004 at 11:24 AM.
RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 10:49 AM   #188
Tech Master

Quote:
I've built all three. Xray is nice but they nickle and dime you to death with all their upgrades. Pro 4 is one of the best values on the market today and I run away screaming from Tamiya... my worst r/c experiences have been with tamiya kits.
Out of curiosity, how do you think XRay "nickles and dimes you"? I've seen the same thing being done by yokomo, losi, ae, etc. They continually release hopups to the current chassis. I don't disagree, but to me, its characteristic of all the companies...

About Tamiya: while the quality is still there, IMHO, their pricing has becoming increasingly too high.

And despite their "reasoning" that releasing a shaft and a belt allows for more variety, their team drivers STILL use the most current chassis to race with. Kind of makes their logic fall in its face.....

Last edited by RCBuddha; 06-10-2004 at 11:28 AM.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:54 AM   #189
Tech Master

About the Pro4:

I also think its one of the best values on the market. As i've stated previously, i have been impressed with its fit/finish and its host of other features. HPI has a potential winner on its hands, but they gotta get the parts distribution issue fixed.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:07 PM   #190
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by AdR|aN
kewdawg.
For all you know, this guy here prays, eat and shit tamiya man.
And maybe even hug tamiya to sleep.
No offence to all tamiya people out there but there are cars out there with the same or even better finish then some tamiya cars.
no i dont eat,sleep,drink tamiya,but i can tell good engineering when i see.
show me a car thats better engineered then a tamiya.
Futaba
Speedtechrc
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 01:09 PM   #191
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by kewdawg
I just editted my last post, to elaborate further. I think you maybe right about him. Maybe, he's one of those "crusaders", I mentioned earlier. R/C racing's full of them.
no iam not a cruisader just a fan.
Futaba
Speedtechrc
Old 06-10-2004, 01:11 PM   #192
Tech Master

Quote:
sorry but i do not believe you for a minute.
what was wrong with the tamiya you built?
was it a 415 and you couldnt find the mechanical speed contoler
Futaba
Speedtechrc
Old 06-10-2004, 01:14 PM   #193
Tech Master

everything else as buddha said.
all cars have slop in suspension.
the 415 has new harder wearing ballcups and have less slop then the black ones.no car is superior to another.
thats just rubbish.
iam not a team driver but i easily beat pro4's and x-rays.
Futaba
Speedtechrc
Old 06-10-2004, 01:15 PM   #194
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by trf racer
no iam not a cruisader just a fan.
That's good to know. So, now your're going to give us your un-biased opinion? PLEASE DO.

Old 06-10-2004, 01:18 PM   #195
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by kewdawg
That's good to know. So, now your're going to give us your un-biased opinion? PLEASE
no.we are all biased
Futaba
Speedtechrc