R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Ride Stratus bodies (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/41338-ride-stratus-bodies.html)

V12 05-25-2004 01:33 PM

Ride Stratus bodies

1 Attachment(s)
At another thread there was a short discussion about Ride Stratus bodies but didnīt find it again.
I did search also at the Ride website but there were tires only but no bodies.
Anybody know whatīs the difference beween the MK II and the MK III version and for what track each of them?

I did find pictures at a private website in Japan maybe this is a Ride Stratus. Anybody know this?

V12 05-25-2004 01:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another one

P2 05-25-2004 02:43 PM

From what I remember MKII is for technical tracks and MKIII is for big flowing tracks. I have used the MKII and it worked good.

JDM_DOHC_SiR 05-25-2004 06:28 PM

Re: Ride Stratus bodies

Originally posted by V12
At another thread there was a short discussion about Ride Stratus bodies but didnīt find it again.
I did search also at the Ride website but there were tires only but no bodies.
Anybody know whatīs the difference beween the MK II and the MK III version and for what track each of them?

The MKII is the best of them all for any tracks this body really works well if you are having a problem with the car "High Sideing" or traction roll...... but it also works well for allmost any track condition....... as for the MKI it was for High Speed Tracks that are a bit less technical..... but it works much better than a proto..2.0;) :nod: ....and for the MKIII it has the cab section moved more forward and the rear end has a slight lip to it... along with a more agressive hood line:nod: ...it has even more stability but ...it reminds me of the Mazda6 with a bit more rear end rotation;)

Best overall MKII .....:nod: :sneaky:
-Dave:sneaky:

P2 05-25-2004 06:32 PM

Thanks for clearing that up Dave.....you still in Yokohama? I miss Japan/Hachioji:cry:
P2

JDM_DOHC_SiR 05-25-2004 07:10 PM

Originally posted by P2
Thanks for clearing that up Dave.....you still in Yokohama? I miss Japan/Hachioji:cry:
P2

Yep Good old Yokohama:D :nod: ..... But I'm on vaccation in the states now:sweat:

X9er 05-25-2004 07:34 PM

JDM_DOHC_SiR
It really nice to see your post again after looong absent from rctech.
cheer

JDM_DOHC_SiR 05-25-2004 07:57 PM

Originally posted by X9er
It really nice to see your post again after looong absent from rctech.
cheer

Thanks ....glad to help you guys out again with info and such;)

V12 05-31-2004 08:17 AM

Re: Re: Ride Stratus bodies

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
The MKII is the best of them all for any tracks this body really works well if you are having a problem with the car "High Sideing" or traction roll...... but it also works well for allmost any track condition....... as for the MKI it was for High Speed Tracks that are a bit less technical..... but it works much better than a proto..2.0;) :nod: ....and for the MKIII it has the cab section moved more forward and the rear end has a slight lip to it... along with a more agressive hood line:nod: ...it has even more stability but ...it reminds me of the Mazda6 with a bit more rear end rotation;)

Best overall MKII .....:nod: :sneaky:

Thank you for the detailed information! :)

What version is the one from the pictures above?

JDM_DOHC_SiR 05-31-2004 08:44 AM

Re: Re: Re: Ride Stratus bodies

Originally posted by V12
Thank you for the detailed information! :)

What version is the one from the pictures above?

That one is a MKII;)
-Dave:tire:

V12 05-31-2004 11:41 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ride Stratus bodies

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
That one is a MKII;)
-Dave:tire:

OK I see, I will look for a Ride MK II. :D

So if you have a Mazda6 already there is no need for a Ride Stratus MK III?

As it seems to me you have a good knowledge about bodies.
What would be your choice for these conditions?

- small technical track

- lowgrip condition

- highspeed track

Usually Iīm using a Protoform Stratus 2.0 with my EVO3 on most tracks currently. Iīm running 27T and 17T motors usually.

Yesterday I have seen a driver using the new Protoform MG-ZS at a superfast 1/8 gas track and according to him this one gives more topspeed than other bodies.

V12 06-02-2004 09:43 AM

Dave
Maybe you didnīt see the last post.

So pushing this thread back up.

Ozwald Bates 06-02-2004 09:46 AM

Does anyone know where the Ride bosies can be purchased in t he US?

racenut123 06-02-2004 10:38 AM

not available in usa.....yet