Receiver packs

Old 03-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Receiver packs

I am thinking of switching from a voltage booster to a receiver pack for a 1s pack for wgt and 1/12th scale. Any thoughts on a small receiver pack and charger?
thanks
chuck
Old 03-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Chuck:

Hi,

WE\e went to batteries America and bought the small 200MAH single cell packs and make our own up for 12 bucks you can have a nice light small Rx pack. they also sell a really nice charger for around 50 bucks too just for those packs.

www.batteriesamerica.com

Thanks

Tim
Old 03-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mackin
I am thinking of switching from a voltage booster to a receiver pack for a 1s pack for wgt and 1/12th scale. Any thoughts on a small receiver pack and charger?
thanks
chuck
Hiya Chuck...we use a Lipo receiver pack with a cheap charger (one with a cutoff though), charging at 0.2 amps or less. Had a Life pack go bad on us at Cleveland and have heard one too many negative stories about Life packs, so Lipo for us.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mackin
thanks
chuck
Why? Im thinking of doing the opposite as my rx pack died, i think. It started taking in more charge than its capacity and not lasting runs.

*it was a 220 life