Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent S401

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

Only thing I can see from looking is there not much carbon fibre around the back suspension mounts ( dont do an xray!!!!) but may be that just the prototype.

What should be good is that serpent should know how to get a gear diff to work front and back from there other cars. Hopefully no more spool- I just don't like em!!!
Old 09-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I know this is the prototype....but Serpent please beef the arms up with more material and/or 'webbing'. This is really the car I'm waiting on outta the whole lot of new cars. Well......this and the XRay
Old 09-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
I know this is the prototype....but Serpent please beef the arms up with more material and/or 'webbing'. This is really the car I'm waiting on outta the whole lot of new cars. Well......this and the XRay
JB,

I think those are the old arms and they are durable, rest easy my friend.

Steve
Old 09-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Those arms are bomb proof!
Old 09-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
Sorry Snoopy, this is miles from being correct
Ah no problem. It was just what I was told by a local who is considered to be the "Serpent" guy. He told me several times, "The car doesnt work. Its back to the drawing board." I still have my S400, and I thought it handled great. The car had won lots of local races. (Ahem, just not with me driving) The only things I would change would be update for lipo and brushless, which seems to be taken care of on the 401. My S400 has been relegated to VTA because the slower speeds are easier on my supply of parts.

You have to admit that it looks like the S400 got abandoned. In my opinion it happened in the cars prime. It is not a good sign when you find yourself scouring ebay for extra cars to use for parts. That is a pretty good indication that the car should be retired. For the S400 this happened all too soon. The car is still competitive....if you can keep one supported.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

If I had to guess, I would say the release should be sometime late this year, probably November/December.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

Does anyone remember the arms with the Carbon inserts? IDK if they worked better or the same or what but they looked sweet. Since the arms are the same they should work on the S401. I wonder if Serpent will produce any more.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

i have a set of carbon insert a arms i think. only one set though.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

We still have a few of the crarbon insert ams new in the pkg.. Most of the alloy option parts also including c hubs and all the arms you could want... If you need any of this shoot me a pm or email
Old 09-08-2010, 06:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Ah no problem. It was just what I was told by a local who is considered to be the "Serpent" guy. He told me several times, "The car doesnt work. Its back to the drawing board." I still have my S400, and I thought it handled great. The car had won lots of local races. (Ahem, just not with me driving) The only things I would change would be update for lipo and brushless, which seems to be taken care of on the 401. My S400 has been relegated to VTA because the slower speeds are easier on my supply of parts.

You have to admit that it looks like the S400 got abandoned. In my opinion it happened in the cars prime. It is not a good sign when you find yourself scouring ebay for extra cars to use for parts. That is a pretty good indication that the car should be retired. For the S400 this happened all too soon. The car is still competitive....if you can keep one supported.
Results are usually more to do with who is driving he car rather than how good the car is. Probably the best thing about this chassis is that it will very likely use a proven gear diff. This will be far better than the optional gear diffs a lot of other cars are using. Many people are finding them to have problems.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

We found the carbon arms to be a bit TOO stiff.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Those arms are bomb proof!
T.J.... i know JayBee personally... like me.. he's the Durability Testing King. so if he says.. "beef it up.."... you better beef it up!
Old 09-09-2010, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Old 09-09-2010, 07:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by M-Technic
We found the carbon arms to be a bit TOO stiff.
I didnt even think about that. Thanks for posting. I just thought they looked cool.

Originally Posted by Hebiki
T.J.... i know JayBee personally... like me.. he's the Durability Testing King. so if he says.. "beef it up.."... you better beef it up!
Ha ha ha... I bet I could give him a run for his money. I used to have to take my Serpent home in a bag.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

Anything more on a release date for this car... the Associated TC6 is due next month and then it is decision time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.