R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-26-2004, 03:09 AM   #31
Tech Legend

Pits > They updated & replace a transistor that puff magic smoke....

Ooo yeah ?
I tell you bout the bag of brush`s they gave me....

Not so bad ...

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 05-26-2004 at 12:37 PM.
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 05:45 AM   #32
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

my first part of my response was to vanguard as to me attempting to decipher what he was trying to say seemed to imply that I was also not going to by from AE due to turn around time, if I got that wrong I am not suprised as the whole thing was pretty out there.

As for the a$$holes comments, I should have added "anyone acting like a$$holes" which would have made it more clear my meaning. Since the boards you can't express the way you say something, as around here if I say something along the lines of "I don't spend money with a$$holes" there are plenty of people who know I refer to those who act like it and represent some company while acting like it.

But if you feel clarifying what I was saying is twisting and spinning, thats your right and I could care less. I have gotten plenty of responses from people who have been positive about what I have said.

And no I am not going to to a tit for tat with you ritchie, but if it makes you feel better to continue, post away, feel free to direct your comments to that brick wall over there or to anyone else who will listen, as I am not anymore. And you can spin that anyway you like in the world of ritchie.

Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 06:41 AM   #33
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Reedy Quasar Pro Recall, 21 BUSINESS DAYS TURNAROUND

Quote:
Originally posted by ritchie
and you have the nerve to call me an IDIOT,
Richie, reading is FUN-DE-MENTAL.. I wascalling Vaughn a idiot, you're just a dumass for not reading the note.

Here I'll dummy it down for you.... Can't be civil in a customter-relations type job then time to get a new job. The item people are calling about has injured people and caused damaged. People calling up are kinda upset already and taking "fuck-off and don't bug me " attitude is not really the best way to handle it.
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 08:22 AM   #34
Tech Elite

come on now!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg normal_retard.jpg (23.8 KB, 116 views)
Old 05-26-2004, 12:35 PM   #35
Tech Legend

Da World of Ritchie.........

Old 05-26-2004, 01:10 PM   #36
Tech Master

OK this thread is getting very dumb real quick. I got the same impression from AE a while back when I was calling for the LHS that I worked for about the stupid radios they had in their RTR's. We had about 10 brand new vehicles in the back of the shop that the radio was either beeping non-stop or the trim knobs were broke off. That was all the AE cars we had instock were like that. I had to run around looking for a number in which I could accually talk to a person. Finally when I got to talk to someone (after days of calling) I got the same attitude from them as Cain did.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 06:22 PM   #37
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Reedy Quasar Pro Recall, 21 BUSINESS DAYS TURNAROUND

Quote:
Originally posted by Nova F1 Racer
You're an IDIOT!!!
It's you job, can't do then quit... Rude to customers is NOT acceptable that are calling about a DEFECTIVE product that has serious hurt people...
and you have the nerve to call me an IDIOT.
there is that better.
and like a wise man once said, don't attack the messenger if you don't like the message. i was just wondering, did something bad happen in your life and makes you attack people and use language like that on a public forum. dumbing it down for me does sound better and makes a lot more sense esp. without all the hostility.

cain. dude, the turn around comment had nothing to do with you buying for ae. i guess it was my fault for not putting a period (.) after the word A$$HOLES. to claify you said you were only "stating a fact" i pointed out that stating a fact is a little different when you start that fact with "on top of that". hope that helps. as far as spending money with A holes. ok so plenty of people know what you meant, but i'm confused, if you won't spend money with anyone acting like a holes, and those a holes work for ae, then one must conclude you meant you won't spend money with ae. you must be a politians press person, your good. spin, on top of spin on top of spin, keep on spinning and the hole just gets deeper. (in your world)
vanguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 06:32 PM   #38

Van>>> Not quite .... We ( #3 da Rcn truck) ran a Modiflied 26 turn , not even close to stock....

the world of cherry.
ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 07:46 PM   #39
Tech Adept

21 days is nothing. Some fellow racers have been waiting for over 2 months to get their LRP stuff back (2 chargers and 2 speedos). All sent in to AE under warranty, all not sent back yet.
Gutter Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 07:55 AM   #40
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

21 days huh? Well, at least I know how long it will take. My main email service stopped working after I sent it off to them, so if they emailed some phone number or something, I probably missed it. No biggie... The thing is nothing but trade bait once I get it back anyway! That is if I can trade it. It probably wont be worth an empty Coke can after all the bad feedback AE is getting!

Anyway...just a thought to those who are suggesting that AE be given a break on the way this stuff has gone down....how bout' you give US a break. We're the ones with the defective $200 charger. We're the ones with bad customer service and worse turnaround time. And as for the person...David I think... that suggested that we give them a break because they could have not bothered with the recall. Come on man??? Their product is potentially dangerous. Its damaging property(batteries) and can potentially injure someone. The LAW says that AE had to issue the recall.(Infact I think they mention that at the bottom of their first recall post on their site) They didn't do it out of the goodness of their heart.

I've often said this when the Trinity flame threads pop up. Trinity is no different than most any other RC company. And this proves it. The great and holy AE and Reedy, the beacons for all things anti-Trinity, can screw up as bad as anyone else. So I hope people remember this QuasarPro stuff the next time the say, 'well Trinity is horrible, Reedy would never do this stuff'...yeah right!

Anyways.....like I said, I've already replaced mine, so mine will be on the trade/sell block as soon as I get it back.

I just feel bad for those who had this as their only charger, and have to wait to get it back. Definitely not cool...
Old 05-27-2004, 08:18 AM   #41
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkseid
I just feel bad for those who had this as their only charger, and have to wait to get it back. Definitely not cool...
What hurts the most is, it was my only charger, and it was out of my budget to get a new Pulsar Comp. What's hurting is, I personally recomended the Quasar to others!!!!(hope it does not go kapuffft!!!) Good thing our LHS, PITSHOP gave me a great deal on the LRP Charger!!!

Peace guys and Happy Racing!
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 08:52 AM   #42
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by speedxl
come on now!

From where im sitting the answer to this is simple.

Associated shouldnt be rude to the person on the other end of the line. Its common politeness that may be lacking sometimes? Im sure this can be the case with any customer service line in any company. I understand what you guys are saying who say that they may have this question alot etc. Seriously i see exactly where you are coming from with that, they are only humans after all!

Turnaround times, hey thats just the way it is im afraid, if you have to wait, you have to wait, thats life!

but seriously dudes, arguing over this is a bit sad dont you think?
Sleighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 09:28 AM   #43
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Reedy Quasar Pro Recall, 21 BUSINESS DAYS TURNAROUND

[QUOTE]Originally posted by vanguard
[B]and you have the nerve to call me an IDIOT.
there is that better.
and like a wise man once said, don't attack the messenger if you don't like the message. i was just wondering, did something bad happen in your life and makes you attack people and use language like that on a public forum. dumbing it down for me does sound better and makes a lot more sense esp. without all the hostility.

Well, at least you don't deny you're an idiot..
Just kidding...
Pet peeve: call for help/info to a helpline and getting crap back. And then have ANYONE defend that just sets me off rather quickly. I have more than once made it a bigger issue that it was orginally. When a person calls for help/info/etc and gets "greeted" like this what are you suppose to do? Call back later when they are having a nice day?

Vanguard, do you believe what you wrote?
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 11:00 AM   #44
Tech Legend

I just can`t believe you guys !

I sent it in , it got repaired & updated, even recieved a call from Don, who cheerfully told me I would get a free bag of brush`s....

I sure did not see Ae being rude or inconsiderate........

I see them in a whole different light I guess...

Thanks Ae !

For being concern about your customers safety first.....
Old 05-27-2004, 11:03 AM   #45
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Wild Cherry
I just can`t believe you guys !

I sent it in , it got repaired & updated, even recieved a call from Don, who cheerfully told me I would get a free bag of brush`s....

I sure did not see Ae being rude or inconsiderate........

I see them in a whole different light I guess...

Thanks Ae !

For being concern about your customers safety first.....
Reminder: if things don't happen to you, it's still possible that they happen to other people.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote