Wiki Posts
Search

New Corally 10SL- New World GT car

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingman2
I have also been running my new 10SL (1c/10.5 boosted) recently and am really happy with it! It seems to have a ton of steering, but not at the expense of loosing rear end traction towards the end of a run. Can easily run fast, consistant laps! What are 'all the options' you mentioned? I have the new rear end parts heading my way but what other parts do you have?

How's about a couple of pics to show us all?

Cheers mate, Chris.

(Oh, and my friend said I can borrow his 2c LiPo's and 17.5 motor to try out if I wish.)
I ordered all the height adjuster holders , sidesprings , front springs , alloy standoffs , a set of titanium screws , all tyre options

I didnt know about the new rear end , but will order it over the summer ready for next year , I am using the new Thunderpower 17.5 Orion 90c 2S lipos and a Speed Passion Speedo

What colour tyres are you running ???
Old 02-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

It is here
Old 02-02-2012, 10:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1

It is here
Those wheels look wicked
Old 02-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1

It is here
Nice one mate. I have been using all sorts of compounds to get a feel for them on the car, however, I will be concentrating on the 'spec' compounds we have to use for the BRCA national that should be coming up soon.

My wife said that a package has arrived fom Holland at our house (I am working away during the week at the moment) so will check that out tomorrow once home.

Cheers!
Old 02-03-2012, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Will be fitting the new parts to the car later tonight, will post a pic once done!

Cheers, Chris.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

what is going on with the steering rods ???

they are at some wierd angle , is this normal ??? in 1:12th we usually ran them as flat as possable :-S
Old 02-04-2012, 03:17 AM
Tech Master

Test fitted the new rear end parts to the car last night, here are some pics:

The new 4-pivot rear end uses a pod plate that provides the forward to back movement, whilst another plate takes care of the left to right movement. Everything is nice and free with no binding!

Will now take the parts off the car and give them to my mate to do the supergluing and sealing (which he does the best I have ever seen!). Will test in a week or two and let you know what happens!

As for the servo, I played around with the placement and found that bolting it to the back of the mounts gives the best ackerman angle plus the best bump steer angle for the turnbuckles.

Feel free to ask any questions or if you need a specific pic of something on the car.

Cheers, Chris.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wingman2
The new 4-pivot rear end uses a pod plate that provides the forward to back movement, whilst another plate takes care of the left to right movement. Everything is nice and free with no binding!
Love how after all this time they have gone back to the Corally SP10V rear suspension from 1992, the only difference is how it is sprung. It also worked well in the F1 and CCT. Should give smoother side to side movement as the pod rocks than a link setup, side links are always a compromise as the links pivot while the pod tries to move vertically.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Talking

So far so good

moved he battery to the left now and this balances the car perfectly

Have asked Corally for the new rear end , hope it will be sent on monday then i can fit it and test it out too
Old 02-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by terry.sc
Love how after all this time they have gone back to the Corally SP10V rear suspension from 1992, the only difference is how it is sprung. It also worked well in the F1 and CCT. Should give smoother side to side movement as the pod rocks than a link setup, side links are always a compromise as the links pivot while the pod tries to move vertically.
Yep, I have a 10V here and it is pretty much the same except that the new parts rely on the centre shock for the springing whilst the 10V used the side 'links', which acted link a t-bar really but with adjustable positions to change the tension (if that makes sense!). I can put a pic on here if needed. Cheers!
Old 02-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This will be my fairwell to this thread. Switching to a different brand after tommorow.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BullFrog
This will be my fairwell to this thread. Switching to a different brand after tommorow.
I think I have met you in Florida a couple of times actually and I think you have always been a Corally guy, what are you going to be using now?
Old 02-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You probably have since I've been racing in the series since it began in 1980.I was first a Leisure driver- Team Delta-Team Bolink and when Superior got the Corally line- Team Corally. Looking at going American- Team CRC.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BullFrog
You probably have since I've been racing in the series since it began in 1980.I was first a Leisure driver- Team Delta-Team Bolink and when Superior got the Corally line- Team Corally. Looking at going American- Team CRC.

Yep, I went to Florida in 2005 on holiday and raced my 12th car at TQ. After that, I went down to Florida from Virginia Beach and met up with the Munno's at Adrenalin the year before last. Pretty sure you were sat next to them (did n't you have a load of stuff you were selling for someone?).

Anyway, good luck with your new ride mate.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Ordered my new rear end today , it should arrive tomorrow then cut some tyres down and off racing sunday i hope ;-)

The Thunderpower motor has some power

looking forward to learning to drive a WGT car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.