R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #121
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman2 View Post
Modified the L4 front end tonight. The steering blocks have been moved in-board 2mm each side. I think this will give less camber change through higer speed corners (?). I know that the CRC guys use the longer top arms with the steering block more towards the middle, so this should mimick that setup. We'll see how it goes, haha!!
how did you modify it ???
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #122
Tech Master

Quote:
Here's a pic of my car now:

I have decided to have a go at running it as a 2c/17.5 car to see how it differs from the regualr 1c/10.5 setup that I normally use.

I cut a couple of slots for the extra piece of tape to hold the battery in place and will stick weights in around the battery to make sure it stays there.

Running it for the first time like this next Sunday at the ever popular Ardent series, so will let you know how it goes there.

Cheers,

Chris.
looking good fella , is that a shorty 2s lipo ???
Old 03-16-2012, 02:30 PM   #123
Tech Master

Corally use a 3mm screw to attatch the steering blocks to the lower arms, so I put the screw through the blocks, then onto a 2mm wide bolt and then screwed the whole lot into the lower arms. It's a bit fiddly to do but it does work just fine. Then, just readjust the top turnbuckle in the upper arm to get your camber setting right and that's it. After that, I readjusted the homemade turnbuckle/support thingy between the steering blocks. My mate has given me some parts to make an extra wide version of what I have done here. Basically, it comprises of a cut in half steering block which sits between the actual steering block and the lower arm. Then, there's an extra long turnbuckle for the upper arm to get the camber setting right. I will give mine a go first, and then try his to get a feel for the differance. With regards to the 2c setup, yep, that's a RevTech stubby 2c. I wanted to use a stubby battery as it gives more scope for electronics placement on the chassis. I think it's only a 4000mAh pack, but a mate of mine has run the same setup and he is nowhere near going flat. Got the last 12th national tomorrow and then running the GT car next Sunday at Ardent. Cheers mate!
Old 05-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #124
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
New rear end fitted and looking forward to testing it out soon

Feels really smooth and it allows the battery to be fitted all the way to the rear

- how to fit the tape for the LiPo? Are there slots for that? Or does the tape just go all around in some kinda way?
- does the pole the shock is screwed on top of come with the rear end kit? I don't see it in the pics in the Corally brochure. How to solve this problem? I only will buy this kit if a decent shock mounting is possible, without using the topdeck!
- is it possible to use smaller size LiPo with this/your configuration? For instance shorty 2S LiPo? Or something like this http://www.cs-shop.de/Lipo+7-4V+4000...EGAL+2011-.htm. Weighs 211-229gr. Al lot less than about 300gr of the high end LiPo's
- on carpet this rear end configuration is not that necessary?
- does a SpeedPassion MMM series motor fit in this rear end? I don't mean as to the size of the can but as to the fact that the wires are plugged in on the side

Last edited by Kensei; 05-19-2012 at 07:01 AM.
Kensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:30 AM   #125
Tech Regular

Quote:
I have been using a Black Diamond speedo with my 10SL. I normally would run a Tekin, but they don't work with those Corally motors, hence using the BD. A mate of mine knows something that you can do to the Corally motors so that they do work with Tekin's, so will be putting one back in soon. And just to let you know, that the new software for the Tekin makes it feel much better than it did before (ran it with my 12th car). Got a 12th national to attend next weekend and then the next round of the GT series the weekend after. I have a couple of Stubby 7.4 LiPos and a 17.5 to try out at that meeting, should be fun!
Kind of expensive.
Aren't there any other speedos that can work with Corally engines?
I can't imagine that everybody that uses Corally engines is using the BD.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:41 AM   #126
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonu View Post
I had been looking at those. I've pretty much narrowed it down to the Speed Passion, Tekin RS Pro, or LRP SXX V2. Trying to get my car running on the cheap so I'm trying to find stuff used here or on ebay. So far I'm doing ok, got a great deal from Bullfrog on the car and spare parts, now for electronics.
Does the SP GT2.0 work with Corally engines?
Old 06-25-2012, 06:40 AM   #127
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
Does the SP GT2.0 work with Corally engines?
sure, no problem with SP and corally engines
Team Corally
TroubleRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:25 PM   #128
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
I have exactly the same servo as you there and i use it in my 10SL it is perfect

all i did was stick the servo to the chassis plate and turn the servo saver over , then you get the steering arms straight and flat
i dont think it is a good idea..
Team Corally
TroubleRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #129
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroubleRK View Post
i dont think it is a good idea..
why not ????
Old 08-08-2012, 05:44 AM   #130
Tech Rookie

Hi all,

I would like to introduce you my new caster blocks for the Corally 10SL!

You can adjust the Reactive Caster 0 / 5 / 10
There are two positions for the upper arm. low and high
Attached Thumbnails
New Corally 10SL- New World GT car-vip-caster.jpg  
Sascha Feldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:41 PM   #131
Tech Regular

Hello sidecarphil, or should I say "sideshow Phil". Sorry,
I could not resist & knowing you, you have a great sense
of humor. You guys have got it right. I have the same car, &
next world gt race I do will be 2s lipo and not sissy 1s lipo, lol.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #132
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd View Post
Hello sidecarphil, or should I say "sideshow Phil". Sorry,
I could not resist & knowing you, you have a great sense
of humor. You guys have got it right. I have the same car, &
next world gt race I do will be 2s lipo and not sissy 1s lipo, lol.
Hey Boyd

hows it hanging ???

this guy finished last in both the Touring car worlds and the 1/12th worlds but still he was smiling all week , never seen a 1/12th take so many bashes and still keep going , you built a tank not a 1/12th Boyd ;-)
Old 08-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #133
Tech Regular

Balls to the wall, that's how it's hanging.

That 12th track had about as much grip as an ice skating rink. I crashed more there than I have total in the last 5 years. Then again, when other guys figure they can go full throttle into a corner without letting up and use other cars as speed bumps, well, you see how this goes. Never broke a chassis in my life, except there. Glad to know I wasn't the only one, Paul also snapped one as well. No additive nor surface treatment at the istc along with long tech also made things fun. But as you told me at the track, "hope your enjoying this lovely, slick surface as well as breathing in everyone else's farts all day long".

When things do not go as planned, the answer is always booze, booze and more booze. Remember, time is not wasted if your wasted all the time! (for the younger readers here, I'm just kidding)

I did however redeem myself by winning an event last weekend.

Anyway, how's that 10sl wgt with 2s? I bet it's a riot.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #134
Tech Adept

Quote:
I have been using a Black Diamond speedo with my 10SL. I normally would run a Tekin, but they don't work with those Corally motors, hence using the BD. A mate of mine knows something that you can do to the Corally motors so that they do work with Tekin's, so will be putting one back in soon. And just to let you know, that the new software for the Tekin makes it feel much better than it did before (ran it with my 12th car). Got a 12th national to attend next weekend and then the next round of the GT series the weekend after. I have a couple of Stubby 7.4 LiPos and a 17.5 to try out at that meeting, should be fun!

Hi,

I m using a corally red series 10.5 on my tekin rs pro and no problem.
What is your motor ?

But the red series just don t work with s quark plasma... Strange. The esc say phase error
Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:50 AM   #135
Tech Regular

Differential protection rings for Kimbrough spur gears special version with 27 mm inner diameter. Fits perfect in my Corally 10SL differential:

By rokosam at 2012-08-24

You can get them at www.rcdevil.de