How Do You Store Rubber Tires?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Do You Store Rubber Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 03:47 AM
Tech Regular

I wash them in hot soapy water and scrub the rims clean, then pop them into a pringles can...just gotta get rid of the contents!
Old 05-25-2004, 03:57 AM
Tech Elite

Evaa.

I think you meant that if your using traction compound on a hot weather, will it overheat the tires?

Okie. I am from Malaysia and the track temp is about 60 deg C (same as Philippines)on a normal hot day. I use Sorex 40R tires and Trinity Death Grip and LRP Traction Compound.

The idea of using traction compound is to soften the tires and increase grip. It has nothing to do with the temp of the tires.

If you are worried about overheating your precious rubber, i would recommend inserts that can have more air gap. That way your tires can breath when your racing on a hot day.

hope it helps

Old 05-25-2004, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default Re: How Do You Store Rubber Tires?

Originally posted by evaa
a simple question, how do you guys store your rubber tires? ...
lend them to me this way, you wont have to worry about storage

seriously, i just clean them with a rag and store them in a sealed bag. im not really sure if you need to put on traction compound before you store the tires. as stated earlier, some traction compounds soften the tire and it may cause them to wear quickly, especially if you keep them on for a week. ive had some old but unused kyosho slicks from several years ago and i opened them up recently, still good and sticky as new. they were packaged in a sealed transparent bag.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey evaa use my idea: i leave the tyres on the car so the next time i race i don't forget to put them on!!! hahahahaha

i have a question about my new pulsar charger. i don't know if i should start a thread or something: if i hold the positive output alligator clip on my right and the negative on my left and press the start charge button, will i feel a jolt and get fired up? i'm afraid to try

see you on the race this wed and thu?
Old 05-25-2004, 05:23 AM
Tech Adept

I clean em' , then put them in cleaned out Skippy peanut butter jar. Thier clear plastic and have a screw on lid. They'll hold four tires perfectly, costs about the same as Integys tire tubes, but you get free peanut butter.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation

Evaa

In my tires I usually clean them with rugs then soak it to a detergent to wash away the dirt then after drying I apply WD40 wipe off the excess then I place it in a zip lock plastic. I like the idea of domoiscool and Chris08527.. What AdR|aN stated is also one best thing to do.....
Old 05-25-2004, 06:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

I use Integy tire bags or out-eatened Pringles cans. They're perfect and holds around 6 sedan wheels, and the most important: They're very tasty
Old 05-25-2004, 02:16 PM
Tech Addict

No wonder i can't find baggies for my pringles & sanwich to take to lunch! (I use baggies to, just clean the tires and toss them in) store them laying down so you dont get flat spots.
Old 05-25-2004, 02:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

sedan rubber - clean them with simple green, put them in a ziploc, then in a rubbermaid sandwhich holder (hold 4 nicely).

sedan foam - trinity/trc tire holders. very nice accessory to store/sort your tires.

offroad buggy - clean with simple green, ziploc, then losi carrier box

offroad truck - losi carrier box (looking to maybe start using the larger freezer bags on these.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by AdR|aN
Evaa.

I think you meant that if your using traction compound on a hot weather, will it overheat the tires?

Okie. I am from Malaysia and the track temp is about 60 deg C (same as Philippines)on a normal hot day. I use Sorex 40R tires and Trinity Death Grip and LRP Traction Compound.

The idea of using traction compound is to soften the tires and increase grip. It has nothing to do with the temp of the tires.

If you are worried about overheating your precious rubber, i would recommend inserts that can have more air gap. That way your tires can breath when your racing on a hot day.

hope it helps

Adrian: tanx for clearing that up, i thought traction compound could heat up the tires, what i really didnt know is that traction compound softens the tires.

chambs: i beleive you really have to start a new thread (in nutzracing.com)

seriously though, i beleive when u set the delta peak to match the frequency of your watch, then u might get electocuted

no really, really serious now, if your pulsar is the 24 volt version, which i beleive you have, u will definitely get electrocuted

Marvi: not a chance, after what you did to us in the opening race of kapitol speedway, you deserve monster truck tires on your ep car to slow you down, boy, you were realllllly quick. nice racing with you though.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by gee-dub
sedan rubber - clean them with simple green, put them in a ziploc, then in a rubbermaid sandwhich holder (hold 4 nicely).

sedan foam - trinity/trc tire holders. very nice accessory to store/sort your tires.

offroad buggy - clean with simple green, ziploc, then losi carrier box

offroad truck - losi carrier box (looking to maybe start using the larger freezer bags on these.
simple green? really, never thought that would work, i'll give it a try also.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I use good old WD-40 and then store them in a ziploc baggie.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I take them off the car and put them in a ziplock, if i will be storing more then a few weeks, then i put in a drop of paragon.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

I agree!! Zip lock is the best. Then you can put them in a square tupperware you can get at Target. Great for storing in your Pit Box.

See you at the track this Friday rcracingkid
Old 05-27-2004, 01:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

evaa: nice racing with you guys, too i just got lucky because it rained re. simple green, do you dilute it first or spray directly to the tires? i saw some smaller containers of simple green in true value and id like to try these first

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.