Wiki Posts
Search

SXX Comp and TC Version 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 12:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikeygar
but until there is word from LRP, then it stays in my flash drive.
Judging on other LRP threads, that's going to be a long time indeed. They don't communicate anything.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dadaman
Judging on other LRP threads, that's going to be a long time indeed. They don't communicate anything.
True, but am so tempted to update, only think holding me back is that my SXX TC V2 is working just great so no compelling reason to do so except my desire to tweak my ESC (which is much less important than a dead ESC).
Old 02-09-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Addict

USB Bridge / Firmware Updates:
the PC-software and speedo firmware files were removed from the website because there seems to be a small bug with the PC-software which can result in "frozen" speedos during updating. In the worst case such speedos need to be sent in for repair!
We currently try to locate & fix this problem and until then we'll obviously not distribute the PC-software. As soon as this is fixed, which could be early next week or even 3 weeks away, the required files will be made available again.

Attached you find the firmware history for the software's at least for the moment already (will be on the website as well of course).

Updateability:
The firmware updates are only possible within a speed-control family, this means if you have a modified SXX Version2 (no matter if "Competition" or "TC" model) you can not use SXX StockSpec Version2 firmware on that speedo and vice-versa.
The reason is that the differences between the speedos are more then just firmware and there's also slightly different hardware and this is why we restrict the firmwares to it's intended family.

Also Version1 speed-controls can not be updated to Version2 as the hardware + code is entirely different.
Attached Files
Old 02-09-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

The LRP drivers ad my club will not be happy with this. I think that you lost some LRP drivers because they told me that as they need to buy version 2, to use it. that they will change from speedo and it will not be a LRP.

I Also doen't run LRP any more. Your service is a disaster. no reply's on mail and returning and updating time after time and than I don't talk about the quality of the speedo. Never got a speedo that broke down so many times that the shop were I returnt it each time, was keeping a speedo behind to replace it with the one I brought back for repairs.
LRP never replyed a mail of me or solved that problem.
This are the probklems that I have had in just 8 weeks.
1. Speedo slowed down after 6 runs.
2. Speedo just stoped running.
3. started to smoke.
4. power loss in a race. replaced the lipo and even the motor but it stayed slow.
5. didn't even drive away in the second qualification.
6. didn't run out of the box. Got a new one and it didn't work.

I had the luck that the shop owner payed all the cost for replacing teh speedo. He does it not for the other LRP users. Most of them return it there self and must pay for shipping.
As you must return it so manny times than it is not good.
My last LRP speedo I run 1 race and replaced it with the GM (that is also faster) and a clubmember used my LRP.
He used it for 3 races and than it started slowing down.
I trown the speedo away a cople of weeks ago and I will never get an other one.

Thanks for replying my and all of my clubmembers mail.
LRP was big ad my club but it is almost gone now.
It is now almoost all GM with some Tekin speedo's.
Soon it will be no LRP.

as you want service and quality, don't buy a LRP!!.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Addict

Generally these two speed-controls (SXX Competition V2 + SXX TC spec V2) are well appreciated by our customers + drivers.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience and that we lost you as a loyal customer, I don't want to argue with what you say as I don't know any details about this but for sure not everyone got the same experience with our products or servicing as you do.

For sure there is always things we in engineering, our service department, our sales team or our distributors can do better or should have done better in the past but be assured we're willing to improve. Maybe in a while you can give our products a try again and I'm confident you'll be more happy again.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

@burito:

thanks for the update. Now will surely keep away from 1.5. I've had really good experiences so far since trying out LRP stuff since last year. Have the pulsar touch, the SXX TC V2, an octawind 6.5 and am ordering more very soon.

Hope my luck doesn't run out
Old 02-09-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by burito
Generally these two speed-controls (SXX Competition V2 + SXX TC spec V2) are well appreciated by our customers + drivers.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience and that we lost you as a loyal customer, I don't want to argue with what you say as I don't know any details about this but for sure not everyone got the same experience with our products or servicing as you do.

For sure there is always things we in engineering, our service department, our sales team or our distributors can do better or should have done better in the past but be assured we're willing to improve. Maybe in a while you can give our products a try again and I'm confident you'll be more happy again.
As I was the only one that had problems with the service and the speedo than I can say that you are right.
Bud because every LRP user ad my club complaince about the smae problems that I mentioned says a lot.
I had 2 LRP speedo's ad every race so I now that I had a backup.
You lost a lot of LRP users with the SXX ss. It started with the SPX. I had also there some problems with the speedo and speed los but after 3 speedo's the 4th worked good and I used it till the SXX ss came.
Before the SPX there were only 2 Novak drivers and all the other ones used the LRP TC.
Those times are gone now.
Some drivers ad my club advice new drivers to buy a GM or Tekin.
The speed of the speedo even with the latest update that I got on my speedo was not good enough to keep up with the GM and Tekin drivers.

I'm happy that I changed to GM and Tekin. there service is much better and all of my speedo's are still running great.
I have now 2 Tekin speedo's and 1 GM speedo. The GM speedo is used by a club member but I got it back. I use it now in my 10,5T car that I build this week.
My Tekin speedo's are used for 13,5 and mod.
Even with no fan on the speedo, the speedo works great in mod and didn't broke down. It is also fast in stock.
I'm sorry to say it but I will never buy a LRP product.
I'm don with it. This service is as long that I now not good from LRP.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
The part about the v1 being upgradable is true. Sean Cochran flashed mine at IIC which gave it new software to deal with cogging, and made it able to take user updates in the future like a v2. I haven't tried it on the track yet, but I will (in my buggy) Tuesday. Zipping it around the basement with an LRP x12 13.5 didn't show any signs of cogging, a combination which was problematic in the past. We'll see how it goes on the track.

Burito you have said that it indeed happened and that it is possible. The message I can not immediately find.

just admit that you prefer new sales.

I'm sure most people with a SXX SS V1 will switch to another brand just like myself
Old 02-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Legend

I'm sorry , but I have been a loyal Lrp customer , now so scared to even buy the V2.1 with all the software issues ...

No word on how I can use or fix my X-12 motor's with out the cog on my two original V2's ESC ,

I have two new X12 8.5 that I still can't use with my Lrp ESC...

Sure hope you have not forgotten us with this issue ...
Old 02-09-2011, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default never an LRP speedo

I have preached against LRP speedos for the 3 years.
customer service sucks in the US...
I'll even share my experience, again.
Purchased a Brushless speedo believe it was the first Sphere's ....installed on car...
-no issues installing...servotape..wires...etc..etc...
-put my battery in....turn it on.
-took about 4 laps not even a battery pack...and car just died on me.
-come to find out one of the tabs on board just snapped.
-Sent it back in ...to LRP..2 months later they said it wasn't their problem (after about 3 calls with no reply)
they would charge me $XX amount to replace.
- I thought about it and told them to stick it up the arse.
figure I just spent over $200 dollars and now i'm getting jacked for another $80 or so bucks..

ps...Wild Cherry I remember we debated over this several years ago.....feel the pain...
you defended LRP to the last.
perhaps they will fix the issue by releasing SXX Comp and TC Version 3.0..

Last edited by olhipster1; 02-09-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Addict

I understand about disappointments, but I believe you guys mix up a few things... I honestly don't see where there is supposed to be the problem with the V2 Modified speedos, we win races worldwide and big majority of customers is very happy with the product.

I believe your experience is with the SXX SS V1 stock speedo, where I admit there were more problems then you guys are used with LRP products, but then please use the other threads for the stock related questions and leave this one for the modified questions.

I'm not here to defend ourselves, I'm not the official LRP or AE spokesperson anyway but I work in R&D and try to help during my free time.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by burito
I understand about disappointments, but I believe you guys mix up a few things... I honestly don't see where there is supposed to be the problem with the V2 Modified speedos, we win races worldwide and big majority of customers is very happy with the product.

I believe your experience is with the SXX SS V1 stock speedo, where I admit there were more problems then you guys are used with LRP products, but then please use the other threads for the stock related questions and leave this one for the modified questions.

I'm not here to defend ourselves, I'm not the official LRP or AE spokesperson anyway but I work in R&D and try to help during my free time.
yes buy an other speedo again to be happy.
No thanks. I now that the Tekin speedo was there before the SPX and it is still there and still it is one of the fastest speedo's.
As I new than about Tekin, I would never bought a LRP.

And the problem is not so much in the mod class. The problem is with the stock class.
V2 is also to slow.
I had to battle to win my races till I got a GM. I improved my track record after 2 runs.
the gap to nr2 became bigger. No LRP driver was a match for me and I didn't lose a heat that year. Other drivers changed to GM and they came closer than they ever did with there LRP.
Now I run Tekin and the GM is the only speedo that can reach the same speeds as the Tekin in stock.

Now you say that the V2 is as fast as them and that you will be happy as we get one?
Buy an other speedo after the dissaster of V1?
Is it not better that the V1 users can change there speedo for a V2? And than not sending it in but just return it to the shop were they get a new one?

And how long will it be suported with updates? 1 year till the V3 is ready?

LRP never helped the club racer. You only sponsor the big guys for your name. They win with every speedo. Speedpassion is the fastest as we must believe the resulds. Reinard is champion and he uses the Speedpassion.
At the ETS with Hara, it was GM. GM showed that it is faster. There was no speedo ad that time that could match with the GM.
I win all the mod and stock races with my Tekin speedo so is that one the fastest?

Give all the LRP drivers an other speedo and they will not go slower.
I believe even that they go faster. Alle the LRP drivers that changed ad my club did, so not why all the other drivers that run LRP?

I started with LRP in the time that there was no brushless. I used it a lot and I loved the speedo's.
Now I'm done with LRP.

I use the LRP X12 5,5T and it is a good motor.
I use it and I'm happy with it, but I will never buy a speedo again from LRP.

I made a phone call to one of the LRP drivers ad my club and told him that he must buy a new speedo. as he want's to update it to V2.
He orderd a Tekin speedo right away. So again a driver switched.
As I'm right we have now 2 or 3 LRP drivers left ad my club.

olhipster1:
A clubmember drove in to the water and his speedo died.
He send it to LRP and he got a new one.
An other club meber his speedo died in a race. He send it back and he got the reaction that he used it in the rain and that it was his own mistake.
He didn't get a new one. It cost him a lot of money to get a new one.
he bought his speedo in teh summer and he never drives as it rains or as the track is wet. It was summer and the temp was above the 25C. Not a cloud to see.
This is how LRP cares about the problems and solve them.
I got to hear that I did something wrong with the speedo because it died so much on me.
Open the box build it in and connect it to the lipo. put it on and notting. I did something wrong according to LRP. I build cars for clubmembers, change there setups, connect there speedo's and I test speedo's for them to find the best setup. I now what I am doing. I'm not a rookie in the electro class. I race for manny years now and I had a lot of speedo's and cars.

I field that LRP thinks that all the drivers that are only racing ad there club, are dom and that they will buy there new speedo again and again.
Not me.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:47 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm running with the nosram pearl istc v2 (same as sxx tc v2), and works very great, no problems running with the car, with LRP motors work better than other motors, only the lipo cut off, its very agressive, ESC brakes in straight, its some dangerous

im using octa x12 modified motors, from 4.0 to 6.5, depends of the track and straight, with Speed Passion ESC motors works good, but with nosram, get more punch, same speed. In last race, in straight with SP esc, my car reach more than 110kmh, over 70mph, ESC reach over 45º, lipo 45º, and motor over 95º celsius

In next weeks, i try nosram on races, im using 3-5-3-2 configuration, on touring 1/10, in a small track with a 5.5T octa, in next race in a large and very fast track, i use 4.0 or 4.5 octa, and try to get same speed than SP esc, but with more punch

Which max boost setting can i use with this motors? 10 in turbo? what gearing for X12 octa motors?

normally use FDR 8 to 10
Old 02-15-2011, 10:06 AM
Tech Rookie

@toptek
peace
Old 02-15-2011, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Anyone have their SXX in for replacement? I've been waiting for a replacement since November. Just wondering if anyone has been waiting as long as me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.